Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I remember your numbers used to look a little different. 11ish launch and 2500ish spin. Are a lot of the numbers from a swing change? Look like some high bombs there
Clubheads matter. When I’m actually able to swing full out at my top end speed I’m happy to see 11-12 and 2500.

Since testing the Riptide for Small Batch Experience, I’ve been living in 12-14 and 2100 range.

Oh, and this on the Mac today is on a 9 degree head.

That came out great! Shot of the crown maybe?

Here is a pic of the crown. It’s kind of hard to see the three white lines with the reflection.

07DF20DE-4AC0-4A6F-BD26-4BEEB3F442DA.jpeg

Clubheads matter. When I’m actually able to swing full out at my top end speed I’m happy to see 11-12 and 2500.

Since testing the Riptide for Small Batch Experience, I’ve been living in 12-14 and 2100 range.

Oh, and this on the Mac today is on a 9 degree head.
Thanks James! I honestly hadn't been paying enough attention recently. Would be willing to inflict significant amounts of pain at people for either of those two sets of #s

Got to be kind of cool for you to see those different but very good ball flights

This puTTer has been a game changer for me. I have pit up 2 of my best rounds at a tough track shooting 76 and 74 in back to back trips to TPC Louisiana. These scores are 1 and 3 shots off my career low and at a tougher course.

I attribute a lot of these rounds to much improved putting. The insert feels amazing and my distance control has been lights out.

Distance control can also be attributed to Triple Track puTTer/ball usage. Once I line up the ball and set my putter to it I am finished focusing on line and only concerned about speed.

I know @Jman commented earlier in this thread about Sean Toulon’s take that the TT won’t be as effective in the Double Wise as compared to other models due the lines in the Double Wide being lower that the top of the ball, but boy has it been working for me.

I urge everyone to give these puTTers a chance. I also am a believer in getting a full bag fitting as every club in my bag has performed better than what it is replacing.

I just posted this in the Triple Track puTTer thread but I feel I need to quote here as well because this driver is unreal! I put Arccos in these clubs for the 1st time on Sunday and I hit some absolute bombs with my MAVRIK SZ with 3 of my 9 drives eclipsing 300 (303, 304 and 310) on a wet track and less than normal roll. Anything creeping to 285 is mashed for me so to have 1/3 of my drives go over 300 is next level stuff, plus I had 2 others go 283 and 285 so that’s 5/9 bombs.

To be an open book I did hit 2 snap hooks that went 203 (this found water so it was 203 to my drop point) and 235 and my other 2 were heal strike fades that found fairway at 253 and 261 according to Arccos.

This driver is as crazy long for me!

Doing a little Swingspeed training today. And while swinging my Epic SZ Flash, I was hitting around 94 MPH.
Grabbed the new Mavrik and got up to 105 mph. Went to get the phone but it had shut off. I tried some more swings but only got up to 103 mph. Last year I was swinging in the low 90's. If this holds up, and dispersion is tight. It's going to be a great year.IMG_20200203_151411190.jpg

Snuck back out to the range with the Mavrik Max this evening just before dark. Yep, launch issue I had the first time on the range with it was me. I definitely do not have a launch problem now. It is really hard to judge distance the way that range is laid out but the more I hit the farther they went. I mean I am really starting to feel Iike I can be REALLY aggressive with it. That feeling has been lacking from my driver swing a long time.

I hit a lot of nice tight fades and some nice tight draws too. Nothing was horribly offline and even the couple I hit a little low on the face seemed to get solid carry and total distance. I can’t wait for my irons to get back so I can get on the course and really see what distances are like compared to my usual.

Just finished listening to the Fitting Room podcast with @DNevsCG where they fitted four different golfers and how each was fit into the three Mavrik drivers. Part of the podcast talked about picking up speed with the standard as part of its design. I certainly saw that today. Has anyone else seen or picked up speed with the standard over different heads?

Just finished listening to the Fitting Room podcast with @DNevsCG where they fitted four different golfers and how each was fit into the three Mavrik drivers. Part of the podcast talked about picking up speed with the standard as part of its design. I certainly saw that today. Has anyone else seen or picked up speed with the standard over different heads?

Not sure about different Mav heads, but I have seen in more than one TrackMan session that I swing the standard Mav faster than the Epic Flash. ~ 1-2 mph

Last edited:
Based on what I saw today, I swing the std faster than my max.

I swung the standard a little faster than the sub zero when I tested them. And my M5, but that's not a great comparison the way they were set up. The mavs had the same shaft.

Last edited:
@Jman i really liked the shape of the standard Mav but did not like the max. Are you finding the difference in size distracting at all when comparing the 2? I can’t get the standard out of my head even though my g410 lst proved its worth against it on the launch monitor

I swung the standard a little faster than the sub zero when I tested them. And my M5, but that's not a great comparison the way they were set up. The mavs had the same shaft.

My bell speed was significantly higher w/ the standard over the SZ.

My bell speed was significantly higher w/ the standard over the SZ.

How significant? I think I was just over 1.5 faster with it.

I didn't have time to get into with the guy there, but it's likely a little different for me because I actively limit how fast I swing. I'm pretty consistent at it, but I could see that having an effect. Muscle memory over aerodynamics a bit or something. Like I said though, it did seem to want to go faster than the sub and the M5 I had with me.

Last edited:
@Jman i really liked the shape of the standard Mav but did not like the max. Are you finding the difference in size distracting at all when comparing the 2? I can’t get the standard out of my head even though my g410 lst proved its worth against it on the launch monitor
Not really, but, I’ve looked down at so many shapes it takes something pretty outlandish to make me feel uncomfortable. The standard does look lightyears better shape wise imo because it’s got that compact, rounded, and almost deep feeling to it at address where the max has the classic elongated shape.

Reactions: MH
Thinking if the trade in deal is still going? Might make more sense to get a Mavrik instead of a used EF. I have a few drivers I am willing to part with. Mainly a shorter Fuzion.

Thinking if the trade in deal is still going? Might make more sense to get a Mavrik instead of a used EF. I have a few drivers I am willing to part with. Mainly a shorter Fuzion.
Ponder approved ;)

The shape of the Max does not bother me at all. It is a little deeper front to back but I think that actually makes me a little more confident with it. I honestly feel like I am swinger it faster then I have been swinging anything and the more I swing it the faster I feel. I attribute that to gaining confidence with it though and feeling like I can really get aggressive with it and not put one out of play.

The shape of the Max does not bother me at all. It is a little deeper front to back but I think that actually makes me a little more confident with it. I honestly feel like I am swinger it faster then I have been swinging anything and the more I swing it the faster I feel. I attribute that to gaining confidence with it though and feeling like I can really get aggressive with it and not put one out of play.
I don’t think it’s a hard shape to get comfortable with. I do think that having them side by side on my video table it surprised me how different they truly are is shape/profile.

It’s really a whole different beast for me. I am starting to really like the pairing with the Aldila Rogue White MS130 shaft. They look good together and I am pretty happy with the results with a shaft I didn’t actually hit at my fitting. I really tried to do some research on that aspect and pick something similar to what I was fit in to since that was not an option. I have always played a driver shaft in the 60-65g weight and was fit to a 75g shaft. The Aldila is 73g and that seems to be working too. I honestly would have thought, and I don’t know why, that I might have like lighter more then heavier but I was wrong. I debated length but have been playing 44.5 for 2 years now and I decided to stick with that. Swing weight was also a point of debate. We had the best results with every other head at my fitting using heavy swing weight of D7-8. The Max though we had at D3. I rolled the dice a bit there and went D4 and am pretty happy with it.

Yes I think that would be a better idea.

How significant? I think I was just over 1.5 faster with it.

I didn't have time to get into with the guy there, but it's likely a little different for me because I actively limit how fast I swing. I'm pretty consistent at it, but I could see that having an effect. Muscle memory over aerodynamics a bit or something. Like I said though, it did seem to want to go faster than the sub and the M5 I had with me.
Over 5.

Back