Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Whelp...the Golf Pride Tour Velvet Jumbo grip that came on my Mavrik lasted exactly one range session before I cut that thing off and regripped it with a Winn Dri-Tac OS. I've gotten so spoiled by the Winn grips that anything else feels like a sandpaper-covered rock in my hands. Much better now!

Any thoughts of draw bias in the 10.5* head?

In a Rogue 10.5 currently, and pondering whether to go in a 9* Max head and crank it up or just stay in a 10.5 head?

with the heavy weight back, I don't find the max to be any more draw biased than the standard head. at least not for my swing.

and the loft sleeve is adjustable, too. so you can open the face/decrease loft to help with the start line.

Any thoughts of draw bias in the 10.5* head?

In a Rogue 10.5 currently, and pondering whether to go in a 9* Max head and crank it up or just stay in a 10.5 head?
Mine is a 12° Max rather than 10.5°, but FWIW - I have a very (and I mean very) slight draw bias with mine set up as it is - heavy weight in the back, light weight in the heel, hosel set to S/D (standard loft, draw lie). I thought about adjusting the hosel to neutral lie, but I'm pretty happy with the ball flight as it is - it doesn't draw hard, but it consistently takes the entire right side out of play for me, and the right side was my usual miss with previous drivers. I may experiment with it at some point after I hit it more, but at this point I'm reluctant to screw with something that's working for me. I plan on getting a few rounds in with it before I touch anything.

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to hit Mavrik drivers today. No fitting options where I was at so my choices were, what they had. Standard and Sub Zero. I was pretty sure SZ would not be for me and I was correct. Standard was ok, but nothing that made me think I needed it. Actually shorter by quite a bit then my current driver. They didn’t have the Max with a stiff shaft. I’m pretty happy with my current driver. Nice drivers for sure, just not the feel that works for me. That’s why there are so many choices.

Wait....

I thought the Max was a more forgiving head, which I equate with higher spin...

I guess I have to reevaluate my biases.

WHY WONT YOU LISTEN TO ME

WHY WONT YOU LISTEN TO ME

I really think it's somewhat of an uphill battle with the entire Mavrik line.

People hear Standard, they think mid-spin mid-high launch. A fitting might show them that they're wrong.
People hear Max, they think draw biased, mid-high spin, high launch. A fitting might show them that they're wrong.

And I think a lot of this affects the irons and hybrids as well. Fitting is always a good idea, but with this line I think it's even more important because self-fitters are likely bringing incorrect assumptions to the table as they consider a purchase.

For the GD participants, did any of you guys get fit into a shaft length shorter than standard, or did you all get fit at the 45.75” Standard length?

Standard on the driver and 3 wood, 5W was 1/2 in short

For the GD participants, did any of you guys get fit into a shaft length shorter than standard, or did you all get fit at the 45.75” Standard length?
45" for me. Plays to 45.25" with the butt if the grip accounted for.

standard length for me

45" for me. Plays to 45.25" with the butt if the grip accounted for.

Is that why the EF was 45.5, and Mavrik is 45.75 (now taking into account the butt of the grip when measuring)?

did they increase the weight of the interchangeable weights to maintain swing weight for you after cutting it down 1/2 inch?

Is that why the EF was 45.5, and Mavrik is 45.75 (now taking into account the butt of the grip when measuring)?

did they increase the weight of the interchangeable weights to maintain swing weight for you after cutting it down 1/2 inch?
Yes it is.

I ordered my Max -1" and they did increase the standard weights to maintain SW.

I'm very surprised they offer the Aldila Rogue White as a no-charge shaft, that shaft alone retails at $350. Any of the GD participants get fit into that shaft?

I'm very surprised they offer the Aldila Rogue White as a no-charge shaft, that shaft alone retails at $350. Any of the GD participants get fit into that shaft?
I didn't get fit into it. But, I did try it after the fact. It's a great option for someone looking for something that's a little more stout. A higher balance point and it feels nice and tight.

There, ya happy? Because I am.
View attachment 8928812

I also bought a set of wedges.
Extremely. Especially since I'm betting that same 9* Max head wins my driver throwdown this season. Its just obnoxiously good.

Though I do still think the Std sounds better.

They added 5 grams to the head with a 10g weight in place of the stock 5g.

It's been a little confusing, but yeah, the clubs are the same length. Just measured a different way.

Extremely. Especially since I'm betting that same 9* Max head wins my driver throwdown this season. Its just obnoxiously good.

Though I do still think the Std sounds better.
@McLovin had mentioned that too. The std sounds more muted? I haven't hit the Max yet although it's on my list to try one of these days just to see what it's all about.

I didn't get fit into it. But, I did try it after the fact. It's a great option for someone looking for something that's a little more stout. A higher balance point and it feels nice and tight.

Based on the no-charge options available I've got it down to HZRDUS Smoke Black and the Rogue, leaning toward the Rogue though. If I end up needing a bit lower launch I have an Atmos TS black shaft I can plug in to compare. The Rogue at the standard Mavrik price just seems too good to pass up (even though I'm not sure how well those shaft colors go with an orange-accented head haha)

@McLovin had mentioned that too. The std sounds more muted? I haven't hit the Max yet although it's on my list to try one of these days just to see what it's all about.
Yeah, I think thats a big part of it, much more solid overall. The Max is more like my 410 LST, which isn't bad, its just a little more metallic.

Back