Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I'm no swing coach, but it really could be a ball position thing. What you described is exactly what happens to me sometimes and is an immediate warning to check my alignment relative to ball position. My swing and rotation are usually good, but I'm not seeing my left foot turnout and ball position right. When I throw down a parallel and perpendicular stick, the ball is usually further back in my stance than I thought, creating little push fades when I play freely through the ball, and tiny little trap draws when I focus on staying back just enough to get the right line.

I haven't read what was off for you prior to this post, but you might have nailed a self diagnosis on what ails ya. I hope so, anyway.
I will either use some sticks or clubs the next time I get to the range, thanks for the input.

Probably my best day ever with this driver. I’ve been working on my swing the last two weeks, and have hit a breakthrough with my hips and rotation. Not a single over the top swing today.

My miss has become a big toe hook now, but I hit 7/1 fairways today (rain cut the round short), and did not lose a single ball! (The high slice or big pull usually costs balls).

I’m really liking the switch to the rogue white shaft as well. My misses now are probably a bit off the toe, but I’m finding fairways at a rate I have never done before.

Also feel like I hit my drive of the year today with this club. 4 rounds in on my Garmin watch, here’s where we stand, and two holes I played today.
Hole 6 was a miss hit off the toe, my now big miss. Still playable, thank you Mavrik.
Hole 8 was the best drive I have hit all year. Thank you Mavrik!!!

Still work to do on my swing. But now that I’ve paired the Mavrik head with the rogue white, and worked on improving my swing, I’m loving everything this driver is doing for me right now.

B44D1EB1-DA98-466E-A170-A49C74DCE7CB.jpeg
6A393ED0-CA5B-4140-99BE-2552321A8336.jpeg

465BEFE8-854B-4A38-A3AD-2F69F59027BB.jpeg

This driver continues to impress. I got some BOMBS today. Short game was trash but the driver was a weapon and set me up with some great looks.

Longest driver across the whole face I have every gamed...that means very forgiving!

This driver continues to impress. I got some BOMBS today. Short game was trash but the driver was a weapon and set me up with some great looks.

Longest driver across the whole face I have every gamed...that means very forgiving!
The forgiveness really is amazing. It's given me so much better results on a lot of misses everywhere on the face than I deserved. Crazy to totally feel that you missed it on impact, but then see how far and straight it still flies!

crazy that you got a round in on april 11! a tax season like no other haha

i'm loving this driver too. hell, i'm loving every single club in my bag from the gd. I think this could have been a phenomenal year for them were it not for covid. the gear is really special, top to bottom.

Can't say enough about this driver. Putting me in spots on the course I've never been in before. Hitting more fairways and so much easier to hit than my previous Great Big Bertha.

I had a lot of fun hitting this one yesterday. Course conditions were very firm and I was getting a good amount of roll out, but good swings will produce good results. I've worked hard and right now my tee shot is a pretty straight ball or it will cut a little. Once every blue moon can I get it to turn over, but when I try those are some bad hooks.

I know a lot of people have documented the merits of this release from a technology and forgiveness standpoint, but something that goes under the radar is how a driver provides confidence. I know that is not exclusive to Callaway drivers, but that what's in my bag and right now my confidence is sky high. That was driven home yesterday on the 17th tee box. A par 4 that plays really difficult and has a more narrow landing area than it appears. The smart play here is 3W, but again confidence is sky high right now and like I always say "Scared Money, Don't Make Money". I decided to take a pretty aggressive line and got away with it. I will preface that this drive had some "Texas Roll" involved, but the carry is no joke and was probably around 250-260 yds. Here is a picture of the hole and where I ended up. It left me a 3/4 wedge shot around 68yds into the green.

Greatwood 17.JPG

I put the stock Riptide back into the Max today and had a much better day than I have been having. 10/14 fairways today and I was hitting longer straighter drives than with the blue Ventus shaft. I think the Riptide is the shaft I need to stay with for the driver.

I put the stock Riptide back into the Max today and had a much better day than I have been having. 10/14 fairways today and I was hitting longer straighter drives than with the blue Ventus shaft. I think the Riptide is the shaft I need to stay with for the driver.

what were you gaming? ventus?

ok day today with the max attas combo. i had one bomb (for me) at 281. the numbers say i only hit 3 fairways, but i was always just off. and i got a ton of help with some bad mishits. when struck well, the max is every bit as far as anything i’ve played. but the forgiveness is stupid, and needed haha

what were you gaming? ventus?
Yes I had put a Ventus Blue 5R, 44 1/2 inch shaft in it. I think it might just be a bit tip stiff and I'm not able to get it back to closed. It is a great shaft, but just seems the stock shaft works better for me.

I love seeing all of these beautiful clubs.

I am selfishly wanting them to keep the Mavrik name and add flash to it and go with a purple color way.

I love seeing all of these beautiful clubs.

I am selfishly wanting them to keep the Mavrik name and add flash to it and go with a purple color way.

purple?

1587344911358.pngThe selfish reason I want it to stay Mavrik and be purple.

T-minus 3 days until...

Great range session yesterday working mainly on driver. I have been using a low tee height lately that has really helped me find the center of the face. I have been struggling with a pull hook but I was able to straighten it out after a couple buckets yesterday. I must have hit 120 drives with some being snap hooks and some being BOMBS!! What remained the same regardless of ball flight is the delicious sound of the STD. Mavrik at impact. I had guys on both sides of me using Epic Flash drivers and the sound difference is night and day. I left on a high note after hitting five in a row that would be fairway or close to it.

Build today

Back