Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Course is opening a day later than initially planned. Tomorrow was discussed initially. But, Thursday will be the day. The tee sheet filled up quick, but I got a time @3:45 as a single. Wednesday is supposed to be really nice. Thursday has a chance of rain all day. So, we shall see if I get out. But, at the very least, Saturday and Sunday will see some bombs being dropped. Cannot wait to get out and hit this. I have almost forgot how amazing this driver feels.

20200421_182827.jpg

20200421_182704.jpg

Going to try a Tensei CK Pro Orange in the Mavrik. I hit this shaft so good in the Super Hybrid that I had to give it a try in the driver.

My std Mavrik showed today. Got a 9 deg and going to start with it turned down to 8 (4-5* pos AOA). Going to put a HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.0 in it to go against my M5 (playing 8.34*) with Tensei PW 60S. Tee time booked for Thursday. I've never even hit a Mavrik yet but it looks fantastic and I had luck with Epic and Rogue in the past. M5 has been in the bag for almost 8 months which is an eternity for me and I'm hitting it really well. Hoping the new face on the Mav offers a bit of forgiveness and maybe some extra speed. If I like the head enough, I'll drop the Cally adapter on the Tensei and see how that shakes out.
Fingers crossed...

Experiment time. I've been using the Mav Max at S/D settings. I adjusted it to -1°/N tonight, going to give it a try tomorrow. At S/D it takes the right side of the course out of play, but it's brought the left side of the course into play for me. Not a hook, but more of a draw than I've ever been used to playing, and I haven't adjusted to it. Just going to experiment and see what changing the settings does. Simple enough to change it back if I don't like what it does to it.

Experiment time. I've been using the Mav Max at S/D settings. I adjusted it to -1°/N tonight, going to give it a try tomorrow. At S/D it takes the right side of the course out of play, but it's brought the left side of the course into play for me. Not a hook, but more of a draw than I've ever been used to playing, and I haven't adjusted to it. Just going to experiment and see what changing the settings does. Simple enough to change it back if I don't like what it does to it.
I'm always curious to hear how that particular tinker works out for people.

I'll let you know after tomorrow. Could be disaster, could be the best thing I've ever done!

My std Mavrik showed today. Got a 9 deg and going to start with it turned down to 8 (4-5* pos AOA). Going to put a HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.0 in it to go against my M5 (playing 8.34*) with Tensei PW 60S. Tee time booked for Thursday. I've never even hit a Mavrik yet but it looks fantastic and I had luck with Epic and Rogue in the past. M5 has been in the bag for almost 8 months which is an eternity for me and I'm hitting it really well. Hoping the new face on the Mav offers a bit of forgiveness and maybe some extra speed. If I like the head enough, I'll drop the Cally adapter on the Tensei and see how that shakes out.
Fingers crossed...
You are going to love the sound of the standard Mavrik. I hope you hit it well. Keep us informed.

Mavrik Max 10.5 driver head is supposed to be delivered today. I have a Helium F3 shaft that Im going to try in it, if that doesnt work Im going to try a tensei orange 50g in it.

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 reg shaft
Callaway Mavrik Max 5w Helium Black reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4, & 5 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G410 6 hybrid Steelfiber reg shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Steelfiber i80 reg shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Steelfiber i95 reg shafts
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

I really cant wait to get my SZ back out on the course. This virus has been awful cause Ive been spending more time at home just staring at my shiny new Mavrik driver wishing I could play.

Mavrik Max 10.5 driver head is supposed to be delivered today. I have a Helium F3 shaft that Im going to try in it, if that doesnt work Im going to try a tensei orange 50g in it.

Just a heads up Joe, you dont need to type out your signature. our forum software has it below each of your posts. If you are using tapatalk, it probably isn't viewable, as that application completely neuters the forum experience and the amount of features that are built in for THPers compared to the mobile browser.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.02.58 AM.png

Just a heads up Joe, you dont need to type out your signature. our forum software has it below each of your posts. If you are using tapatalk, it probably isn't viewable, as that application completely neuters the forum experience and the amount of features that are built in for THPers compared to the mobile browser.

View attachment 8938757

Yea Its through Tapatalk. I dont type it out each time but I also have it saved in the forum. I’ll delete it in Tapatalk. Thanks for the heads up.

Yea Its through Tapatalk. I dont type it out each time but I also have it saved in the forum. I’ll delete it in Tapatalk. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries just want to help.
We keep tapatalk software installed, but once people switch to the browser, its rare they go back. So so so so so many features that we have had custom done for us that do not translate.

Either way, glad I could help.

9* Max (playing at 8*) is getting benched and may go on waivers. I think fitter and I made a mistake. Back to 9* G400Max and I'm a fairway finder with a ball flight that doesn't alert space force. I can't get in with the fitter (COVID-19) but will be able to hit with another PGA instructor/fitter on Friday. We'll put some thought into what to do with the MavMax. For my swing, which has come together in nice ways, there are going to be better options. SZ is likely.

9* Max (playing at 8*) is getting benched and may go on waivers. I think fitter and I made a mistake. Back to 9* G400Max and I'm a fairway finder with a ball flight that doesn't alert space force. I can't get in with the fitter (COVID-19) but will be able to hit with another PGA instructor/fitter on Friday. We'll put some thought into what to do with the MavMax. For my swing, which has come together in nice ways, there are going to be better options. SZ is likely.
It is important to make sure the club fits our needs. So hopefully they can figure it out.

that's pretty weird, honestly, I played g400 max before mav max, both at 10.5. I don't see any crazy difference in height. I can hit both low and both high. what I do see is more forgiveness and consistency with the mav max. and I HEAR a substantially more pleasing sound with the mav max than g400 max. testing is still early, and very few things are apples to apples right now, but I wouldn't say mav max is shaping up to be any longer than g400 max. in fact, early results suggest mav max is shorter than g400 max was. but i'm playing a shaft that is a little shorter in length. and my swing is getting shorter as I fight some issues. i'm just looking at my best strikes with the mav max vs what I remember as good strikes with g400 max, and per arccos the mav is shorter.

that's pretty weird, honestly, I played g400 max before mav max, both at 10.5. I don't see any crazy difference in height. I can hit both low and both high. what I do see is more forgiveness and consistency with the mav max. and I HEAR a substantially more pleasing sound with the mav max than g400 max. testing is still early, and very few things are apples to apples right now, but I wouldn't say mav max is shaping up to be any longer than g400 max. in fact, early results suggest mav max is shorter than g400 max was. but i'm playing a shaft that is a little shorter in length. and my swing is getting shorter as I fight some issues. i'm just looking at my best strikes with the mav max vs what I remember as good strikes with g400 max, and per arccos the mav is shorter.

I hit it well in fitting and had a good round with it. And like you much prefer the Mavmax sound. Something just switched for me. Right now I am a machine with the G400. Friday will be a good outdoor session to see what's up.

So I went from S/D to -1°/N. Today was probably a good day for the -1 degree of loft because it was a bit windy, but I hit a few that were lower than I like. I'll probably switch that back to 'S' (stated loft). The 'N' setting instead of 'D' took a little left out of it - hit a lot of straight shots or slight draws, but less draw than with the 'D' setting. I'm going to leave that one where it is - next time out I'll be at S/N.

Have you tried it yet? Did you like it? What is the shaft weight?

I wont be able to try it until this weekend. It is 72 grams stiff flex. I have been hitting the Smoke Black pretty good but I am always looking for that elusive unicorn setup.

Heaven help this poor club face tomorrow. I will be unleashing 4 months of winter frustration upon it.

Time to hit some crazy bombs.

Played a very windy 18 yesterday here north of Denver. Driving range was closed so literally hit the first ball ever with the Mav on the first tee. Expectations of the round were pretty low because of the wind. First shot was a pull hook but long enough to play. Ended up playing the Mav std 9 at (-1/D) setting the rest of the round and really hit it well. Came home and have already pulled the adapter on my Tensei PW 60S from my gamer M5 to put in Mav. Looks like I'm committed to this for the rest of the season unless something goes horribly wrong. Pretty crazy to see that much potential having never hit it in a monitor or on the range (a little foolish too) but I could already feel a little more forgiveness on off center strikes than the TM. I've tried about everything out there over the past 3 years but have always landed back on TM drivers. The first range session I had with SIM gave me fantastic numbers but in multiple subsequent comparisons I couldn't match the first experience. Looking forward to logging a few more rounds and getting the Mav dialed over the next month

Question for players with the Mav Max. Are you setting it up with the heavier weight in the heel and setting the adapter up at a "draw" setting also? Mine is coming in today and I hope to get to hit it at the range, but wanted to see what most people are setting it up with. I am looking for an easier way to hit draws of course with the Max. I hit my irons really well and with a draw but the driver has been a heavy fade (slice) for a while now and I am looking to get some help. Yes, I know it has mostly to do with driver swing, face and path, but hoping this driver might assist me a bit and help me gain some confidence back.

Thanks!

Question for players with the Mav Max. Are you setting it up with the heavier weight in the heel and setting the adapter up at a "draw" setting also? Mine is coming in today and I hope to get to hit it at the range, but wanted to see what most people are setting it up with. I am looking for an easier way to hit draws of course with the Max. I hit my irons really well and with a draw but the driver has been a heavy fade (slice) for a while now and I am looking to get some help. Yes, I know it has mostly to do with driver swing, face and path, but hoping this driver might assist me a bit and help me gain some confidence back.

Thanks!
I have the heavier weight in the back and the lighter weight in the heel (standard configuration). With the adapter in the 'draw' setting, my shot shape is anywhere from straight to draw. With my previous driver (Ping G30), my default shot shape was a fade, and the Mav Max completely takes the right side of the course out of play for me unless I hit a bad one - it's almost impossible to slice it, I really have to put a bad swing on it. I'd try the adapter in D first with the weights in the standard setting, and adjust from there if necessary.

I have a 10.5 Max head, setting is -1/N with heavy weight in the heel. Heavy weight in the heel keeps some spin down for me.

Back