Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Taking the Mav and Mav Max our for the day. Going to be 71 so no excuses when it comes to getting a legit data sample finally.

Taking the Mav and Mav Max our for the day. Going to be 71 so no excuses when it comes to getting a legit data sample finally.

71 sounds pretty sweet for some Driver testing - have fun!

Curious to see the Jman numbers, I bet they are impressive. Strong like bull

one is silver and the other is silver, come on it's not that hard

would an in-between weight also be silver?

they're pretty obvious to me. not sure how the lighting will show in a picture, but in-hand I think the two finishes are easily differentiable. I don't disagree that a number on the outside of the weight would be even more helpful.

I kind of see it like loft sleeves, though. how many of us novice golfers should be messing with that? shouldn't fitters be the ones to figure out optimal settings, then we leave it alone? so as long as those fitters are armed with the knowledge of identifying the weights, I don't see this as an issue.

I didn't mean to start a "debate" about the efficacy of the weight differentiation in the driver. All I'm trying to do is clarify that what was stated in a review by a somewhat influential figure is not accurate. There is differentiation, one does not need to remove the weights to see that. What I can't speak to is whether and how differentiable a 2g weight is from an 8g weight, as I have only seen the stock weights in a stock setup.

Hey guys, sorry I missed it, but what length are you playing your drivers? Are you playing the stock 45.75” length?
If playing shorter, does Callaway take swing weight requests?
thanks!!!
Stock length for me. I will probably have it cut down at some point 1 inch but right now not messing with it as I am hitting it well. I may try another shaft I have in it that is 1 inch short and see how that goes before deciding to cut the stock Riptide shaft.

one is silver and the other is silver, come on it's not that hard

would an in-between weight also be silver?

Seeing as you don't see the bottom of the driver at address, only the earthworms would care about that.

How did it go?

The Mav Max saved me over the last few days. My driver swing was up and down and I still got away with some distances that I should not have. When I trusted my swing and stayed through the call with a smooth tempo, it was straight or a slight draw. I’m continuing to see well struck shots carrying 235-240 and total yards creeping into the 270 range. I’m playing the heavy weight in the heel and it’s providing some ball correction on less than Ideal swings.
Been meaning to come back and comment on your play from the last weekend. I don't know what your fairway count ended up being but it seemed like you were always in play. Like you mentioned, most of the misses came from the swing and not the club. Few times you were guiding it out there with that cutter. Can't remember what hole it was on the back 9 on Saturday but you hit one that went straight, didn't cut and had some pop on it. I think we all looked at each other and said, that's the one!

I think your strategy is on point in working on your iron play this year and keep working on the driver swing and as you said, "Letting the ball just get in the way". Enjoyed it my man!

Max is clearly high spin.

155, 13.8, 1982

That’s sarcasm

One last thing I just remembered. @mikeg_74 let me hit his Max on Friday as I had just put in a few swings with the standard. The Max did sound louder than the standard. Not in a bad way, just was different. For sure recommend hitting both of them for those that have not because the sound is just a little bit different.

Bombs, lol. Got to try the SZ today.

20200203_111142.jpg

I'll see if I can figure out some data. And write up my thoughts after this trackman session. I'm not great at navigating it's menus and I was at my time limit trying to get info. Will have to see what I got when I was in a rush after I get home in an hour.

View attachment 8926325

I'll see if I can figure out some data. And write up my thoughts after this trackman session. I'm not great at navigating it's menus and I was at my time limit trying to get info. Will have to see what I got when I was in a rush after I get home in an hour.

Yeah I'd say that's pretty good!

Radi isn't very friendly to the ball.

View attachment 8926325

1580756613591.gif

if anyone consumes youtube reviews, one video mentioned he was annoyed as a fitter that the mav weights don’t have the number on the outside, the only way to know which is which is to remove from the head and look. well, that’s just not true. my mav max weights are two different colors. the heavy weight is a dull, brushed silver and the lighter weight is a shiny, polished silver. just wanted to clarify some misinformation/lazy “take” that i saw recently.
Hi
Yeah right. You probably apologize to the ball upon arriving to it 330 yards down the fairway.

The Callaway Customs Mavrik arrived today. I ordered it .75" short so was curious what the swing weight would be. It came in at D4.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Got my Max last week and I am ashamed to say I have only made it to the range 1 time and not for long then. Unfortunately weather and other factors have limited me. I am hoping to get back to the range this afternoon. I am still not thrilled with the sound but it is better then the last couple releases. I can’t decide if I am going to get along with the shaft either. I am pretty accurate with it but launch may be a little bit of an issue. I was also at a range that is hard to judge distance because how it is laid out. I think that is ok but again I need a little more time with it and I need to get the launch worked out. I could go up a degree in loft but I think it is more me then the shaft or loft as I did hit several that launched perfectly. I think at times I just do not hit up enough.

Max is clearly high spin.

155, 13.8, 1982

That’s sarcasm
I remember your numbers used to look a little different. 11ish launch and 2500ish spin. Are a lot of the numbers from a swing change? Look like some high bombs there

Back