Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Just in case anyone was wondering how good the Mavrik line is, and forgiving. I hit one high on the face, HIGH and it went straight and still got out there over 200 yards. I was shocked it made it that far.

Played today and it was very wet and soupy on the course. Tempo was off all day and really off with driver early but results were pretty good considering. Driver woke up on back 9 and the Mavrik Max just started dropping bombs. My buddy was pretty surprised. We are usually pretty close but I was consistently leaving him behind on the back. Every year I start looking at new drivers but this year I am not even thinking about it. There are some I would like to hit just to see how the companies are coming along with their tech but I am not looking for a replacement anytime soon. It is just too good.

HI, I'm snickerdog, my shanks go 220. Na-na-na-na-boo-boo

:p

I'm with you on the high face. If the Sub Zeros weren't pretty good up there I'd have moved on a long time ago.

Just in case anyone was wondering how good the Mavrik line is, and forgiving. I hit one high on the face, HIGH and it went straight and still got out there over 200 yards. I was shocked it made it that far.
I’ve had a couple of those that shocked me! One I even checked for a sky mark and it still went 200 :LOL:

I’ve had a couple of those that shocked me! One I even checked for a sky mark and it still went 200 :LOL:
Oh I looked just in case. Glad I didn't do that, was to cold out to be crying.

I play with @shanewu a lot and he has the Epic Flash, there is definitely a sound difference. I will take the Max and SZ sound any day over the Epic Flash. Just wish I had some of his distance.
They definitely sound noticeably different but I've never minded the EF sound. Just gotta lower that peak and you drive 270 yard par 4s with ease. :cool:

I play with @shanewu a lot and he has the Epic Flash, there is definitely a sound difference. I will take the Max and SZ sound any day over the Epic Flash. Just wish I had some of his distance.
I had @shanewu as my partner that first day at #TheGrandaddy in all the two-man matches. His distance, off the tee especially, made all the difference in the world making up for my pathetic tee shots! :)

This looks amazing.... a triple diamond too!View attachment 8986135
54803DA2-44B2-49A2-94E2-AD48F9B84A8E.jpeg
I wonder how much of an up-charge does the Triple D fetch over the standard? Anyone who purchased direct from Callaway recall? I do recall but correct me if I’m wrong, that with the Triple D the stock shaft offers were premium, high end.

This looks pretty good. I just refinished a Triple D head for a friend and really like the shape. Also going to have to take a close look at the Speed Max LS....looks promising. Couple more weeks to wait.

I wonder how much of an up-charge does the Triple D fetch over the standard? Anyone who purchased direct from Callaway recall? I do recall but correct me if I’m wrong, that with the Triple D the stock shaft offers were premium, high end.

This looks pretty good. I just refinished a Triple D head for a friend and really like the shape. Also going to have to take a close look at the Speed Max LS....looks promising. Couple more weeks to wait.
Cally sold (directly from their website) the trip D in the Epic but not the Mavrik version. The Mavrik needed to be purchased from select shops. The Epic trip D version was the same price (or very close if I recall) as the normal model at the time. The Mav Trip D cost me $500 for just the head from a select shop. Some places were selling it for even more.
Hoping Cally directly offers any TripD models in the future. I’d prefer to buy directly from their website.

Ok guys! Is anyone thinking about moving from the Mavrik to the 2021 Callaway driver when it becomes available?

Unless someone hands me one free, I won’t be buying one. I love the MavSZ. It is very good for me.

Well my Mavrik Max is on its way back to CPO. Went to Club Champion to do a Woods fitting. Tried MM with the Riptide and that was a no go. Changed the the Nemesys shaft and the ball speed jumped up. Then went back to gamer, Epic Flash and it wasn’t close. Ball Speed was at least 2 MPH faster and spin was better. So I’m going to wait for the Callaway 2021 “Redacted” Green Monster

Good stuff.
my numbers with the Flash 12* have been ideal.

I’m curious to see what happens for me. Been gaming the Flash for a season and a half.

on the course my Flash with Riptide shaft was longer than my gamer setup Flash with EF green shaft.

On the course the Mav head with EF Green was longer than the Flash with EF green. So I’m super curious about the Mav with Riptide. Might be a crazy long combo for me. I will say without a doubt the sound/ feel with the Mav is better than the Flash.

View attachment 8986198

I got a Mav triple Diamond for the exact same price as the other Mavrik drivers. Came with the same stock shaft.

I got a Mav triple Diamond for the exact same price as the other Mavrik drivers. Came with the same stock shaft.

That is promising, did you get direct from Callaway or from one of the preferred partners? I recall seeing the Epic Flash 3D being on the Callaway Canada site for a bit but not sure if the Mavrik ever made it, didn’t spend too much time on site in 2020.

That is promising, did you get direct from Callaway or from one of the preferred partners? I recall seeing the Epic Flash 3D being on the Callaway Canada site for a bit but not sure if the Mavrik ever made it, didn’t spend too much time on site in 2020.
Callaway never sold the Mavrik triple d direct. Had to go through one of their accounts. But, not all of them had it available. Fairway Golf USA was the only place I could find where I could order online.

Forgot to post the first time I used the Mavrik SZ... only taking 1/2 swings but there is a very discernible difference in sound compared to Epic Flash... Spent some more time today hitting balls and definitely confirmed... quality of sound is much better IMO. Don’t have much else to say since I’ll continue to make 1/2 swings for another 6-8 weeks but it’s going to be fun to see side by side with EF

Ok guys! Is anyone thinking about moving from the Mavrik to the 2021 Callaway driver when it becomes available?
I'm doing a fitting sometime in the next month or so but I'd have no problem sticking with my Mavrik if it performs as well as everything else.

I'm doing a fitting sometime in the next month or so but I'd have no problem sticking with my Mavrik if it performs as well as everything else.

I’ll be interested in seeing what comes out on top from your fitting. This year’s driver looks pretty amazing.

Reactions: KEV
I’ll be interested in seeing what comes out on top from your fitting. This year’s driver looks pretty amazing.
It's going to be a fun shootout for sure. In also curious to see if my self fitting for my current shaft was the right pick or if I was totally off.

It's going to be a fun shootout for sure. In also curious to see if my self fitting for my current shaft was the right pick or if I was totally off.
What is your current shaft?

Forgot to post the first time I used the Mavrik SZ... only taking 1/2 swings but there is a very discernible difference in sound compared to Epic Flash... Spent some more time today hitting balls and definitely confirmed... quality of sound is much better IMO. Don’t have much else to say since I’ll continue to make 1/2 swings for another 6-8 weeks but it’s going to be fun to see side by side with EF

I’ve got the Epic Flash SZ and have hit a buddy’s standard Mavrik multiple times on the course. It does have a different feel at impact plus definitely quieter although my hearing is poor as I don’t find my SZ obnoxious.

I think you’ll luv the Mavrik AZ and the shaft you got is really good, I could hit a draw with it no problem on command whereas with my Evenflow Green in a stiffer profile, it takes a little more work. Once the shoulder’s back and in good shape you’ll be hitting bombs!

Has anyone notice more distance with the max heavy weight in heel or back position? Or no change?

I’ve got the Epic Flash SZ and have hit a buddy’s standard Mavrik multiple times on the course. It does have a different feel at impact plus definitely quieter although my hearing is poor as I don’t find my SZ obnoxious.

I think you’ll luv the Mavrik AZ and the shaft you got is really good, I could hit a draw with it no problem on command whereas with my Evenflow Green in a stiffer profile, it takes a little more work. Once the shoulder’s back and in good shape you’ll be hitting bombs!
I just hope I can find the center of the club face! This shaft is a bit whippy for me even on a half swings... may have to consider losing some weight :oops:

Still in love with this driver. I was struggling off the tees today and it let me get away with what could have been some pretty craptacular shots. Caught my tee shot on #18 way out high on the toe and it gave me a draw from the right fairway edge to the middle of the fairway, 238 yards. Downhill shot so I got a little extra distance out of that, but it still would have been easily 200+ on level ground. I didn't deserve that, but I'll gladly take it!

Back