Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

It kills me that I still can't cross the border to pick up my Mavrik 5 wood. I'll continue to hit it in my mind.
I'd be climbing under or over a border fence right about now! :LOL:

My #4 Mavrik hybrid is a beast! After a crap drive, I had 210 yards into a 3 club wind on a 440 yard Par 4 and the ball ended pin high. Made birdie. Thank you CS TT ball, Mavrik hybrid and Odyssey SL Black Ten S.

My 4H saved me on a hole yesterday too. Tight driving window, smoked a tree, and just dropped. 220 to back pin. Hit a nice high draw that hit the front of the green and rolled just off into the first cut pin high. easy chip to save par. LOVE these hybrids.

The 5w with a proper weighted, for me, setup in it has thrown a wrench into the equation and entirely changed my viewpoint on the accuracy and consistency of the club.

I’m going to end up one of those two setup dorks now where it’s either a 3H or a 5W depending on the track and conditions.

Anyone gaming 5 wood and 7 wood combo?
Mavrik 5 wood is such a rocket launcher i have no use for 3wood.
Thinking of 5&7 combo instead 3&5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dumped my 4h and put the 7w back in my bag. I use it about 7-8 times a round on my home course and am far more consistent with it than I was with the hybrid.

Got the Max 3+....Fantastic feel off the face. Long & Forgiving...great club. At some point I will get the max 5 as well. Callaway will be hard pressed to improve on these FW woods.

Picked up the heavenwood, better be magical.
Haha!

It’s a fun setup, I’ll admit I don’t think the HW setup has been as effective since the Vseries, but the premise remains brilliant for those who typically struggle with fairway woods.

I walked into my local shop Friday night expecting to buy a Mav Max Heavenwood.
Walked out with a new G410 Plus driver that I didn’t need and which is already on eBay after 1 rd. Regretting not going with the Heavenwood.

anyone compare the Mav Max 7w to the Heavenwood? 10 yds difference or so ?

It had an Aldila in it, I swapped it back to the stock Riptide. It just works better, feel and control are better for me.

Callaway had $25 fittings yesterday & I signed up specifically to try the fairway woods & hybrids.

The standard 3W with Riptide 60 g 6.0 was (for me) amazing. According to their Trackman & hitting outside, I was getting 200-205 carry & around 224 total. That's basically driver distance for me. And most shots were dead straight or slight draws. Even mishits gave great distance and didn't go too far offline.

The Max head was too spinny for my swing. Sure wish I could've walked out with that club, but given my current financial uncertainties, I'll have to wait.

I struggled with the hybrid (but I usually struggle with every hybrid, and especially right now). The fitter took me out to a grass area & worked on tweaking ball position & stying in my posture (a free mini-lesson!) and I started smoking them towards the end of the session.

Again, the regular head was better than the Max (too draw-biased for my swing, he said). Overall it seems like a big improvement over my current hybrids.

I’m really unable to quantify how much of a revelation putting a shaft weight and flex That actually fits me into the 5w has been for that club. It’s borderline insane how point and shoot it’s been so far.

I do need some wind though to really work it out and see if it’s a rotator, or a bag maker.

Well the heavenwood goes high and straight, but tons of spin. I might try a heavier shaft.

Callaway had $25 fittings yesterday & I signed up specifically to try the fairway woods & hybrids.

The standard 3W with Riptide 60 g 6.0 was (for me) amazing. According to their Trackman & hitting outside, I was getting 200-205 carry & around 224 total. That's basically driver distance for me. And most shots were dead straight or slight draws. Even mishits gave great distance and didn't go too far offline.

The Max head was too spinny for my swing. Sure wish I could've walked out with that club, but given my current financial uncertainties, I'll have to wait.

I struggled with the hybrid (but I usually struggle with every hybrid, and especially right now). The fitter took me out to a grass area & worked on tweaking ball position & stying in my posture (a free mini-lesson!) and I started smoking them towards the end of the session.

Again, the regular head was better than the Max (too draw-biased for my swing, he said). Overall it seems like a big improvement over my current hybrids.
Sounds like you had a great fitting experience. Those are good #'s for you!!! Amazing how much those guys can help a person in just a few swings by making the correct tweaks.

Sounds like you had a great fitting experience. Those are good #'s for you!!! Amazing how much those guys can help a person in just a few swings by making the correct tweaks.

Yep. Might be the #1 lesson I've learned being a part of THP: get fitted - especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Although I do wish I had the time/money/knowledge to try different shaft/head combos like Jman & others here. That would add a whole new level of craziness/fun to the golfing addiction for me lol!

Yep. Might be the #1 lesson I've learned being a part of THP: get fitted - especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Although I do wish I had the time/money/knowledge to try different shaft/head combos like Jman & others here. That would add a whole new level of craziness/fun to the golfing addiction for me lol!
It’s Pandora’s box. DONT DO IT!

;)

It’s Pandora’s box. DONT DO IT!

;)
haha! Yeah, my financial consultant won't let me get started. I'll just focus on having fun with what I've got - and live vicariously through you guys!

haha! Yeah, my financial consultant won't let me get started. I'll just focus on having fun with what I've got - and live vicariously through you guys!
I wish I could stop. For reals. :p

Should I take the 13.5 Max back out tomorrow?

Mav Standard 3+ on the approach today on a par-5. Yardage doesn’t do it justice as it was significantly uphill. Arccos said it was playing 267. Put it about 10 ft behind the pin and drained the eagle. Mav = clutch650D3795-9EE6-4139-8965-AA5387C926DC.png

Picked up the heavenwood, better be magical.
I just did the exact same thing, I can't wait to see if the Max HW matches the amazing performance I'm seeing out of the max driver!

The SZ 4wd might be traded in for a standard 3, 4 or 5 or a max 3+, 3 or 5 or a hybrid :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Haha!

It’s a fun setup, I’ll admit I don’t think the HW setup has been as effective since the Vseries, but the premise remains brilliant for those who typically struggle with fairway woods.

Mav Max Heavenwood coming Thursday.

Wasn’t the best of the three 3w I hit today, but not bad for a 13.5

949FD656-F12D-4EF8-AA77-1C7A2775CAAB.jpeg

Back