Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Grabbed one of those recently as well. Hit it for the first time yesterday. Phenomenal. You'll love it.

Yeah, I have the 3H already. Looking forward to having the same throughout the bag. Should be fun!

Would that be an appropriate shaft for a beginner/high-handicapper?

In the end I'll got with whatever my guy recommends, but might as well discuss in the meantime :) (I've got my call in to him. I'm just gonna go for it. You only live once.)
You would be fine with it. Will help launch and looks fantastic.

Was inconsistent with my prior 3 wood , more bad than good. Picked up a Mavrik Max 5 wood. Incredible never hit a fairway wood more consistently or better. Added a Mavrik Max 3 wood. Started using it more as well. Also consistent and easy to hit. No other 3 wood ever has even been close for me. Think you will like them them. Cant believe how easy they are to get in the air. The 5 wood has been so easy to get up into the air quicly over trees i now use it in situations where i had to use a 7 iron to get over trees.

I saw some 3+ in stiff, no regular flex. Not sure which model you where looking for? I looked at SZ
So Thanks to all of your Enablers I have a Mav Max 3+ with a Riptide 70 Stiff Shaft in bound.
With a new grip - $140.00 VG Condition. Crazy Price! Get that back in a trade in if it doesn't work.

My guy told me that I had to keep refreshing and see if one pops up.
Well sure enough, 2 popped up on the Max sheet - Not at the Top of the list where the 3+ are usually but at the bottom of the list.
My guy sent me an email back - What Luck!!!
@JMB3 has seen me hit a Mini Driver so if the shaft works (Should as my EX 10 Beta has a Tensei CK Blue 70 S in it), this club is going to be great for the some of the shorter courses I play 200cc is big!!!

So Thanks to all of your Enablers I have a Mav Max 3+ with a Riptide 70 Stiff Shaft in bound.
With a new grip - $140.00 VG Condition. Crazy Price! Get that back in a trade in if it doesn't work.

Well sure enough, 2 popped up on the Max sheet - Not at the Top of the list where the 3+ are usually but at the bottom of the list.
@JMB3 has seen me hit a Mini Driver so if the shaft works (Should as my EX 10 Beta has a Tensei CK Blue 70 S in it), this club is going to be great for the some of the shorter courses I play 200cc is big!!!

Oh yeah, Mark!! The 3+ is big, and I actually hit it further than the mini driver. :). Might be the extra spin for me or something, but I absolutely love it off the tee

For clarification on CPO's site. They list shafts as 5.0 5.5 stiff 6.0 What are the differences. Thanks in advance.

That will be a great setup!!!! Great price too!!!

For clarification on CPO's site. They list shafts as 5.0 5.5 stiff 6.0 What are the differences. Thanks in advance.
I know for sure 5.5 is regular flex. ( I have those in Riptide) 6.0 would be stiff. 5.o is probably soft regular or senior

@Elmave, interesting comments, re: 3W. I'm gonna hedge my bets here, anyway. Since my current 3W is my weakest club in the bag,
If you're talking the Riptide graphite shafts: 5.0: Senior (A) flex, 5.5: Regular flex, 6.0: Don't know, for sure, but probably Stiff(ish) flex. The other number (50, 60, etc.) is the weight.

Thanks for the Heads-up. :drinks:I never looked at the bottom of the page. And was able to pickup the same Mav Max 3+ with a Riptide 70 Stiff Shaft.
And also a Mavrik 3 hybrid Project X Catalyst 55/65/75 Graphite shaft.

I know for sure 5.5 is regular flex. ( I have those in Riptide) 6.0 would be stiff. 5.o is probably soft regular or senior

Thanks for the clarification.;)

@Elmave, interesting comments, re: 3W. I'm gonna hedge my bets here, anyway. Since my current 3W is my weakest club in the bag,
I think besides being easy to get in the air and hit it long now when i hit the three wood i have positive thoughts and confidence in it. I expect to hit it well. That is an addirional benefit of these fairway woods. Positive thoughts and believing you will hit a good shot instead of negative thoughts and worrying about a miss and where you might end up.

Prices really are fantastic. Got a like new hybrid for $125.99. Crazy.

I wish my guy would call me back. I know they must be swamped and all, but I'm getting a mite antsy
scared-01.gif

I love my guy, but I had to pull the trigger without him today. Couldn’t miss out! Haha
Thing is: My guy emphatically told me (paraphrased) "When you get ready for woods, make sure to talk to me, because what's right for you in a driver may not be right for you in woods." So I'm hesitant to pick what I only suspect would be right for me.

Just called the main CPO number to see if I could find out what's up. Closed for the day, so I guess I won't be hearing back from him this evening.

If I miss out, I miss out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Won't be the end of the world.

Last edited:
I love my guy, but I had to pull the trigger without him today. Couldn’t miss out! Haha
Almost did the same. My guy called me back pretty quick #cashcow 🤑

I did the same in the last 30mins.

They're out of Mav Max 7w. So much for that :(

Ok - Going all in on Mav Max - Trading in a EF HW and picking up a Mav Max HW.
Price was just so right and I have really struggled with the EF fairways.
Let's see how this goes.

BTW - 3+ Fairways - Gone as of this morning.....

Ok - Going all in on Mav Max - Trading in a EF HW and picking up a Mav Max HW.
Price was just so right and I have really struggled with the EF fairways.
Let's see how this goes.

BTW - 3+ Fairways - Gone as of this morning.....

I loved my EF HW, but the Max was much easier to hit. It is a noticeably larger footprint, which messed with me right away, but you’ll get over that once you see the results.

They're out of Mav Max 7w. So much for that :(
Keep Refreshing and make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom - I saw 3 there this morning.
Honestly - There were no Strong 3 Woods at 8am and they showed up at 10.

Last edited:
Keep Refreshing and make sure you scroll all the was to the bottom - I saw 3 there this morning.
There were still three or four there just before I went to bed last night.

Anyway, I did better than that. Finally got through to my guy. Went through his Q&A. Mav Max with 5.0 Riptide 60 shaft was his recommendation, based on the results I'd realized with the Ping G SFT, which was what I expected. (But I wanted to be certain.) He put a 5w on reserve for me and said as soon as a 7w showed up he'd snag it, add it to the order, and call me back.

(Must. Resist. Urge. To. Add. 3w.)

There were still three or four there just before I went to bed last night.

Anyway, I did better than that. Finally got through to my guy. Went through his Q&A. Mav Max with 5.0 Riptide 60 shaft was his recommendation, based on the results I'd realized with the Ping G SFT, which was what I expected. (But I wanted to be certain.) He put a 5w on reserve for me and said as soon as a 7w showed up he'd snag it, add it to the order, and call me back.

I would grab the 3w also. You won’t regret it.

I read this as; Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w. Add. 3w.:cool:

Back