Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

I'm starting to think a 56/w would work better for me than 56/s. the 60/w is so automatic from pretty much anywhere. might try to trade in the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went and got the 54S and 58W over the weekend and have only had the chance to play a couple of times this week due to weather. I really haven't hit any full shots with them but have used both around the green and I am still getting a feel for how they differ from my previous wedges (MD2). I really like the feel of these clubs as they seem heavier than the MD2s I was using. I haven't hit any into bunkers, yet, so no feedback in that regard.

Took my 54* S-grind to the range yester day and I must say I am extremely impressed! Super easy to hit the ball, get some good spin. My dispersion seemed a lot tighter from 75 yards in compared to my tom Watson set.

Hit shots from 75 yards, 40 yard chips and some greenside chips and felt confident on all of them.

I am looking forward to taking this out on the course Monday

Have a 54* S-grind with a recoil 460 on order, can't wait for it to get here and see what everyone is talking about!

Those look awesome Nate!

I picked up a 50 degree wedge a month or so ago and it has been superb. I got it to replace my RSi1 gap wedge because I thought it was too short on full swings and I didn't like the "game improvement " feel of it around the greens. The MD3 is as advertised. Feels great on chips and pitches and I picked up about 10 yards of distance on full swings. Oh...and I only paid $56 for it used but in excellent condition. Boohyah!

Played 18 after putting these back in my bag on Thursday, and they worked well. Feel was slightly different coming from the J15 Forged and I was able to hit a variety of shots with them without issue. After #TheGauntlet, Captain Steven recommended the C-grind in the 56 and 60. The bounces were similar to the J15s so it was easy to make the switch. I'm having PX LZ Steel 6.0s put in them tomorrow so I'm excited to see how they feel with the new shafts.

Edit...nevermind.

Last edited:
Played my 50/54 combo today and loved them. Very smooth wedges and love the look of the black. Very happy thanks to a great deal on CPO. Still keeping my 58 PM though.

Had a little testing at golfsmith with the 56w, 56s, and then a Cleveland CB 2.0. 56w would have been bought if I had brought my clubs to trade in. Really enjoyed that club a lot and think it would be perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my.

The release of the 50W has me rethinking my wedges again. Might be time for some new grooves.......

I just picked up a 50-10 to replace my set AW. I just love my Callaway wedges and I really don't hit my set AW as far as I should.

Standing in front of these. Either I buy one now with this big purchase or don't buy one. Want a 60 to replace my 64. Which grind?

Very much considering adding the 50* in W to the bag, in black, which would necessitate a 54-W and PM 60...also in black LOL

Very much considering adding the 50* in W to the bag, in black, which would necessitate a 54-W and PM 60...also in black LOL
I'm toying with the same thing. I just bought a 60 PM and modded it a bit but I'd love to have a 54 between that and my 50.

So I was messing around with PhillyV's Grandaddy wedges before our round today, and was pretty shocked at the amount of bite I was putting on the ball from the 1st cut around the green. Over and over, tiny divots with teeth. Taking my own wedge out, I got a substantial increase in roll out using the same swing and the same balls. Veeeeeery interesting.

I love the idea of having improved greenside spin, even though I am seriously dialed in with my wedges right now. Maybe it's MD3 time.

Back