Callaway Optiforce Driver Preview

This club is setting up for everything I want in my driver light head with 2 different head size options. Heavier shaft but not to stiff. And now I find out the shaft is longer than most stock shafts at 46". I'm in love. I need to hit this club more and try both heads to see what gives me better numbers.
#BuckBombs

I could see you hammering this one.

#BuckBombs

It's truly just strange to see a stock driver that sets up to exactly what driver I've had to piece together for the last 5 years.

It's truly just strange to see a stock driver that sets up to exactly what driver I've had to piece together for the last 5 years.
I still think it's crazy that you prefer a lighter head in the driver. I know why you do, but think it's crazy.

I still think it's crazy that you prefer a lighter head in the driver. I know why you do, but think it's crazy.

i've been called worse than crazy..... hahaha the Xtreme is only 12 grams and i hit it so well....but going light in the head is one of the reasons i like to go with a heavier shaft with less flex so i can still feel the head when i'm swinging and why i struggled a little bit with the black tie it was to stoudt for me... plus with enough swings with that shaft combo especially when its a little longer i can find that perfect flex kick point it seems and i just start tattooing the ball.

The future selected testers are going to have an amazing surprise in store for them.

The future selected testers are going to have an amazing surprise in store for them.

Unless they've already hit the club. Then probably not as amazing. Or surprising.

I'm on the 75,80 MPH swing, and I was told the Optiforce will help with that, based on weight, and aerodynamics to milk some length out of the club. I may go try one out again, with some different shafts and see what works best for me.

#BuckBombs

I hope he finds the combination that will finally give him some distance. I was embarrassed for him at the AC Invitational.

I can't wait to see the testing results on these.

I'm on the 75,80 MPH swing, and I was told the Optiforce will help with that, based on weight, and aerodynamics to milk some length out of the club. I may go try one out again, with some different shafts and see what works best for me.

I have much the same swing speed as you and did not like the light shaft, I found it difficult to hit straight, and i was getting a big slice, where as I can hit my 13.5* XHOT right down the middle. I never got a chance to try a different shaft though.

Wow Optiforce!!! I did a driver fitting on a launch monitor a week ago to see if I could find anything I liked better than my old trusty Cleveland SL290. Tried the XHot, G25, R1 and Rballz2 - none were much of an improvement. The fitter then hands me an Optiforce 460 10.5* with Project X 6.0 stiff shaft and asks if I want to be the first guy to hit it on his monitor. Holy Cow! Ball speed is around 150 vs 142-146 vs the other drivers. I'm losing it a little right so he adjusts it to the draw setting. Now I'm hitting it pretty straight with 2500-2900 spin and 12-14 degree launch. The monitor show I'm picking up 20 yards vs. my old driver. I'm really not believing this so we go to the outdoor range. I seem to be hitting it farther out there too - on smooth swings. If I lean on it and hit it hard - it gets a little ugly. So, what the heck - I buy it! The shaft at 46" is probably too long. The shaft is probably too light at 43 grams. I'll take the ball speed and hope I can keep it in play.

I played 18 with it yesterday. I can tell I'm hitting longer by my improved relative distance vs. my regular foursome. I think I'm getting an extra 15 yards. I hit 2 of 7 fairways on the front and 6 of 7 on the back. So I'm hopeful I can keep this in the bag. Just like on the range, a nice smooth swing works great, while trying to push for more yards lead to some nasty duck hooks. A few observations: the sound at impact is very muted, the head looks smaller than other 460cc heads, I hit it better teed low, it is very adjustable - 9.5, 10.5, 11.5, 12.5 neutral or draw, there is a heavier diamana s+ shaft stock option available but my fitter didn't get any.

I few weeks ago I hit this driver and it is one great product. The problem I have is trying to find a demo that I can hit on the course. The local store that I usually go to said they will not be getting one because Callaway wanted them to purchase more inventory than they could afford to put on the shelf. Bummer.

I was instantly interested in this driver when it was handed to me a weeks and a half ago at the MC. I swung the 440 with Kaili 70x. At first I was see low shots and was quite disappointed in the results. I changed my setup and starting hitting high fades on the range. If I turned it over it was more of a mid ball.

I've dreamt about this club since I had a few moments with it. The primary reason is the look of the club. The 440 version has a black candy shell wrapped around a small amount of C4. The ball with the right swing leaps off the face and moves air to make way for its flight. Once I found the proper angle of attack, I was hooked. And I'm sure a few others were hooked as well. Canadan was absolutely crushing the skull of the beat up range balls clear to back of the range, some 306yds deep.

the ball flight was as consistent as I have ever seen, especially with a shaft that leaned a little on the too stiff side for me. The 440 paired with a Kaili stiff will be perfect and will be in the bag very soon. All the talk of the sole of this club is a bunch of malarkey because when you see results like we saw it doesn't matter what the bottom of a club looks like.

Back