First round with the Paradym TD today. Hit 67% FIR. This thing is a bomber! I’m kind of smitten over it right now.

prices on these are crazy good now...i am tempted.

I'm excited for the weather to fully break so I can hit the X again. I don't think I've ever had an off season like that before. Probably the biggest testament I can give a driver.

That said, the standard heads on CPO has caught my wandering eye, because, well, you know....
I was hooking the living sh1t out of the X when I was trying new driver out last year. Went to the standard and it straightened itself out. 🤷‍♂️

prices on these are crazy good now...i am tempted.
I hit some drives today to places I’ve not seen before on the course in the summer it was mid 20s today.

Had the Paradym in play today and hit a few great drives with it. I always forget how great it sounds / feels

I know the AI Smoke drivers are the talk of 2024, but I had the OG Paradym rolling in the Simulator today. Avg carry 255 and avg total (flat range) 271. Max distance was 272 carry and 289 total. A few went sideways more than I'd like but most were in a +/- 15y (L/R) dispersion circle.

I watched several videos of the new Smoke drivers vs the Paradym drivers. There wasn’t much difference between the two, so I will keep my X in the bag. It’s a great fit for me.

Last edited:
These heads sound amazing with the new Chrome Tour X ball :love:

Just have to come back in here and say how good the Paradym X continues to be. First round out and I never know what to expect, but the X did not disappoint. I went 67% FIR, with an average of 250. I'm more than ok with both of those, and expect some more distance as the courses dry out. Today the ball was plugging on nearly every shot. A long of 281 was very promising. Love the sound, distance, and keeping the misses very playable. So much confidence with this in hand!

Played yesterday. I absolutely love this driver. I just have to make sure to tee it up a little more to catch it on the up swing.

Several of my drivers were 275-280 which is big for me. The lower ball flight also just runs when it hits.

Used the Paradym TD a few times this last round and it could do no wrong. My swing is in a good place and this just flat out performs when I swing confidently

I'm bringing a Paradym X driver to The GOAT Cup, and I have been still impressed with this driver in my side by side comparison with the Aerojet that I had in my bad. This driver is still in line, and the price point is really good. If you are looking at the Ai-Smoke, might want to give this line a look, the results could surprise you.

I'm bringing a Paradym X driver to The GOAT Cup, and I have been still impressed with this driver in my side by side comparison with the Aerojet that I had in my bad. This driver is still in line, and the price point is really good. If you are looking at the Ai-Smoke, might want to give this line a look, the results could surprise you.
I actually went last week to go buy the Ai Smoke and couldnt find any number that was an improvement from my TD. Its early in the season though so maybe things change down the road. But for the time being, I love this Paradym and dont have a want to change

I actually went last week to go buy the Ai Smoke and couldnt find any number that was an improvement from my TD. Its early in the season though so maybe things change down the road. But for the time being, I love this Paradym and dont have a want to change
It really is a great driver from a forgiveness standpoint across the face, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Paradym TD at the range was very good last night. With my shorter Rogue ST driver I am seeing a consistent draw. With the longer Paradym TD I'm seeing a straighter ball flight and can get it to fall right easier. If my swing holds then having these two in the bag should help me

In my limited testing, the X and Ai-Smoke were pretty close. I think the Ai-Smoke kept the dispersion a bit tighter on misses, but overall, the X had more distance. The Paradym X, especially at the prices you can find them now, is a great upgrade!

My last drive of the range sesh last night. Ignore the club selection as I forgot to change it but this thing is a monster!
IMG_9179.jpeg

Paradym TD at the range was very good last night. With my shorter Rogue ST driver I am seeing a consistent draw. With the longer Paradym TD I'm seeing a straighter ball flight and can get it to fall right easier. If my swing holds then having these two in the bag should help me
Please tell me the Autoflex isn't in it because of the bolded part...

I went to a simi session yesterday and hit 3 drives over 270, one was 290 which is long for me. I tinkered with the setting and now will leave a "stated loft" and "D". I loved the lower, more piercing flight I have seen on the course and on the simi.

The DS X and i get along well. First drive of the day i left it out right but was just out of the fw. I didn't have any other issues the rest of the day. Very confident when this come out of the bag!

Please tell me the Autoflex isn't in it because of the bolded part...
I'm not going to say it's currently installed in it and not going to say it isn't.. :p

Tagging @JDax so he can come back and remember his shots with the X during the Goat Cup... off to a great start and I see many more coming!

I'm going to lose it lol
In my defense, when I was testing the shafts I took Vrska's advice to heart. The Ventus Blue was the winner unless I was going to take lessons to get more consistent with the Autoflex. I've been using the Ventus Blue while taking lessons and at my coaches suggestion I swapped shafts and am seeing really good results with the Autoflex. I feel like my driver swing is in a much better place. I still use the second driver more than the first but have found the longer driver is working for holes where I can't go left. (Shorter driver is more draw biased for me and the longer one is straight to fade). I used the longer driver 4 times in my last round on a tighter course and hit 3 fairways and the 4th was just in the right rough. I am keeping the Ventus blue shaft in the bag and when I warm up before a round if I am not seeing the results with the AF the Ventus Blue goes in. (I have not needed to swap it in the past 3 rounds)

Last season I played Ventus Red and Paradym 9* and it has been the most accurate combo I have hit in 40 yrs by far. So, what do I do?
I have a Ai Smoke Max head coming next week. I just can't leave good enough alone. I need help. It will be a fun test though.

Last season I played Ventus Red and Paradym 9* and it has been the most accurate combo I have hit in 40 yrs by far. So, what do I do?
I have a Ai Smoke Max head coming next week. I just can't leave good enough alone. I need help. It will be a fun test though.
After a dozen rounds, I’m hitting my Paradym TD straighter than any driver I can remember in the last 25 years. I also am about to buy the Ai Smoke version of mine, lol.

Back