Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

Was testing a Rogue LS 3wood with the stock Tensei blue the last couple days.
Was seeing ball speeds around 140, which is just slightly less than my driver. These things are so hot.

I have now convinced myself to get a 3+, just need to decide between the Tensei blue or white.

I also want to say, I know us on the lunatic fringe try to steer to the more aftermarket type shafts, but these Tensei’s are really good in the Rogue ST line. I believe they’ll be very very popular setups to the general public this year. I’m surprising myself even by wanting to stick with the stock shaft.

Was testing a Rogue LS 3wood with the stock Tensei blue the last couple days.
Was seeing ball speeds around 140, which is just slightly less than my driver. These things are so hot.

I have now convinced myself to get a 3+, just need to decide between the Tensei blue or white.

I also want to say, I know us on the lunatic fringe try to steer to the more aftermarket type shafts, but these Tensei’s are really good in the Rogue ST line. I believe they’ll be very very popular setups to the general public this year. I’m surprising myself even by wanting to stick with the stock shaft.

And there I am going with the MMT 60 - a wood shaft no one knows anything about...:oops:

All three of my fairway woods are relics from the 20th Century, but they all still perform well.

Those new Callaway fairway woods look really, really good., but I'm afraid to try them if the opportunity arose.
Three cost more than a thousand dollars, and what if I like them?

No......not a year after buying new irons. But they do look really, really good just the same.

thats no slouch either!

I saw someone hitting some bombs with the mmt in a triple diamond LS head driver!

there’s no bad option 😁

Thx, I needed that...:D

I'm not exactly a bomber. I just want to get that 3HL up in the air with energy.

And I liked the MMT85 in a set of irons I have. Gave you about a 1-1.5 point heavier swing weight through the bag.

BUT I understand the MMT Woods have a higher balance point.

Thx, I needed that...:D

I'm not exactly a bomber. I just want to get that 3HL up in the air with energy.

And I liked the MMT85 in a set of irons I have. Gave you about a 1-1.5 point heavier swing weight through the bag.

BUT I understand the MMT Woods have a higher balance point.

I have the MMT 95’s in my irons and MMT’s in both of my Apex Pro hybrids and they are solid, under-rated shafts. I like them so much I ordered them in my upcoming Callaway Full Toe wedges.

Looking to get a LS 3HL but a starting at a 2–3-month delivery at pre-order is tough.
I was thinking of a 3+ and a 3HL. I thought I would swap out my 17* UW and the 3HL, depending on the course. However, I am not willing to wait months, so I went with a 15*.

Every year I say no to FW Woods and every year, I find one that is close to drawing me in. This is that line this year.

Every year I say no to FW Woods and every year, I find one that is close to drawing me in. This is that line this year.
It sounds like this new Rogue release is really good for you all the way around.

All I've heard since these have came out is DON'T SLEEP ON THESE FW. My wallet isn't going to be happy this year lol.

Hit the 5 wood in this the other day. The shaft was a little soft for my liking but ball speeds were really good and ball flight was so playable. I just wish it was adjustable

It sounds like this new Rogue release is really good for you all the way around.
I expected it honestly, as I did with a few others. I love golf equipment More than is rationally explainable. Which to me makes the game fun. FW Woods have been out of my bag since what I thought was the last game changing fairway hit the market, which was X-Hot By this same company. This is giving me those kind of feels.

I haven’t settled on the driver spots in my bag yet, but this year’s testing has been a load of fun.

I really think I need this 5W in my life….

B6E65D05-8EA6-4E1A-A36B-6322D9FC0710.jpeg480C547F-80EB-4AA7-A0EA-3CE35EE9ED7B.jpeg

So I have been having a conversation with someone that works at a shaft company. They have no allegiance to any brand. Here is the text chain.

Him: Have you hit everything?
Me: Yes. I think so anyway. A couple of Ping releases not yet, but should soon.
Him: Rogue will be the first Callaway set I am in for both FW and Hybrids in a few years.
Me: Why?
Him: FW is the best I have ever hit, and the hybrids match them. sooo good.
Me: No I meant why the first in a few years? thought you loved the Epic last year.
Me: But agreed on the FW and Hybrids, really good.
Him: I did, but switched at the last minute for golf with a oem and never switched back. stupid.
Me: In the bag?
Him: 3 wood definitely. trying to decide if I can do 2 hybrids or stick with 1.

So I have been having a conversation with someone that works at a shaft company. They have no allegiance to any brand. Here is the text chain.

Him: Have you hit everything?
Me: Yes. I think so anyway. A couple of Ping releases not yet, but should soon.
Him: Rogue will be the first Callaway set I am in for both FW and Hybrids in a few years.
Me: Why?
Him: FW is the best I have ever hit, and the hybrids match them. sooo good.
Me: No I meant why the first in a few years? thought you loved the Epic last year.
Me: But agreed on the FW and Hybrids, really good.
Him: I did, but switched at the last minute for golf with a oem and never switched back. stupid.
Me: In the bag?
Him: 3 wood definitely. trying to decide if I can do 2 hybrids or stick with 1.
This is impressive.

After just hitting the LS 5W wood, this is my little nudge for you to just put one in the bag.

Back