Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

Isn't it funny how quickly we can get things in budget when we really want them :ROFLMAO:
Well once they hit cpo it was game on. 400 bucks less than retail

Played a fantastic course with my uncle and cousin while on vacation. I was striking my Rogue Pro irons well and on the first par 3 i told them I was going to hit my first ace with them watching. Then I hit this shot that was about as close as I've seen in several rounds.. looked really good for a long time!
View attachment 9119095

Awesome shot!

The Rogue St hybrids have some pop.

The Rogue St hybrids have some pop.
This.. the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid has produced shots for me on course between 220-237 (using Arccos). That was 3 wood territory for me previously

Another good round with the Rogue ST Max irons.
it’s hard to find much fault in them. The ball just launches off the face, great height and spin, forgiving as can be. The only thing I’m not completely sold on is the feel. Things just feel a bit toe-y. It’s not a bad feeling at all, but I’ve been spoiled with forged heads, and there is a difference between these and Apex in that regard.
But where these make up is just point and shoot play. For the price point, these irons have been impressive and enjoyable.

Some great head to head comparisons here from Wunder.

The Rogue Pro irons are still performing incredibly well for me. Even on mis-hits low on the face and towards the toe I'm hitting the green. I had a shot last night that was slightly fat yet still got on the green. And flushed shots with these feel so good!

You forget how great these feel when you hit them and especially how well they sound on strikes in the ST Pros. Hit the Rogue ST Pros and 923 HMP tonight and the ST Pros sounded so good to my ears. Something you loose sight of when you play them for so long then sort of get a bit taken back when it happens.

The ST Pro keeps coming to my mind as a great option. Just afraid of what might be ahead in the Apex lineup

Had a great ball striking day today with the Pros and have loved how confident I’ve become throughout the year with them. The lessened offset allows me to have other thoughts on my mind other than dear god don’t go left. What more can you say of the looks. They say player in the bag but in hand inspire the confidence whether through looks or forgiveness to make a great strike. The feel is another great aspect of these with the micro spheres making strikes feel so smooth.

The Pro PW was on point today as I can point to two shots off the top of my head approaching greens that I was within 10’ of and look good the whole way through. Have been really pleased with the feel and sound on these. Felt the Max’s clicked a little much for my liking and made it difficult to tell where I was striking the ball unless the ball left a mark on the face. Hadn’t had that issue with the Pros as they fee tremendous with the microspheres and could ask for a sharper looking club when it’s on the bag.

The pro irons were good on Friday even whey my swing was less than perfect but one of the stars was the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid. That is becoming point and shoot for me and the long iron/ fairway wood part of the bag has previously been a weakness for me. I have so much confidence whenever I pull this hybrid and I previously didn't think I could play one. I ripped one on a par 5 from the deck which was likely my best strike off the deck with it to date.

cm24's End of Season Review (Rogue ST Pro HYBRID)
I have never been a hybrid player. I carried a MP 33 2 iron until 2019. Was that club versatile? Haha, that would be a strong NO. It was my fairway finder and wind beater, and I eventually replaced it with a Titleist U500 3 iron for some extra forgiveness without sacrificing distance, but it was somewhat redundant because I used my 3 wood as my fairway finder on tighter holes. What I needed was a club for 2nd shots on long par 5s, and I ended up with a Rogue ST Pro 3 hybrid.

This club has vastly exceeded my expectations. I was skeptical at first because of my past experience with hybrids. This hybrid is painfully easy to hit. If I need to hit a ball 250-260 to find a fairway, it feels like I can place it on whatever third of the fairway I want. That is STUPID levels of confidence. I know that I am going to have a good chance of putting on my next shot when I hit it into a green on a par 5. It is so good. Unlike previous hybrids, I don't miss it left or struggle with overdrawing shots. The sound is phenomenal, which is consistent across the entire Rogue ST line. You know when you hit a good shot, and I could listen to that all day because it is so pleasing. The matte crown is a winner, and I hope will stick around for the foreseeable future. I like that Callaway didn't try to add the gold accent around the back edge because it would've made the head way too busy. Like the fairway wood, the chevron is a perfect alignment aid. The one thing I noticed about the profile that I wasn't sure I would like is that it almost seemed to have a reverse C top line (if that makes sense). It's not a straight topline like the Apex UW, which is what I thought I'd prefer. I went into the Grandaddy thinking I'd end up with the 21° UW, but I really wanted to try the Rogue ST Pro first to give it a fair chance. It won me over almost immediately. I still remember the look @JasonFinleyCG gave me after I hit my last shot of the fitting.

This club has a ton of versatility on the course and is so forgiving. I can hit if off the tee and get it to run out without problems or I can hit it high with plenty of stopping power into a green. It's incredibly easy to shape right to left or left to right and doesn't seem to favor one way or the other. It just does what you want it to do. It actually got me looking into a club for the 230 yard par 3s, and I REALLY wanted to get the Rogue ST Pro 4 hybrid, but I thought it would go too far. I ended up with the Apex Pro 5h hybrid with a Ventus Black 10TX (+1/2"), which has been pretty good, but I'm super curious to see how the Rogue ST Pro 4h would work if I took that Ventus Black and went a little shorter instead? I'm wondering if I may end up with a 2nd Rogue ST Pro from CPO over the winter... I'm sure this experiment will be documented in a separate thread lol

Is it 2023 yet? I’m really pondering hard on some DART 90f3 for my Rogue ST Pro heads.

Is it 2023 yet? I’m really pondering hard on some DART 90f3 for my Rogue ST Pro heads.
You can hit them tomorrow 😁

Anyone playing the ST Max 5H (23deg) find that it hooks? I play the 4H as a 3 iron replacement and love it. Made the decision to ditch my 4i and would like to replace with the 5H ST Max for consistency. My issue is when I grab the 5H off the rack it looks like it is pointing 5-10 degrees to the left and can't picture it flying right. The local Dick's doesn't have a 5H with a stiff shaft to try and I honestly can't justify spending money to go to my club fitter just to figure out if this thing is going to hook.

(Hard tweaking the bag after a fitting)

Grabbed off the rack ST Max 4h & 5h, headed to the bay at GolfTown. The 5 had the plastic off, so they taped it and away I went. Holy, it just wants to go straight. I tried putting different moves on it, could move it a bit, very forgiving. Attendant walked away, so just to confirm and with the plastic still on the head, I hit the 4 a few times, same thing but 12-15 yards further. Traded in my ancient but loved XHot 4 :rolleyes: and got the expected $25, better than taking up space in the garage.:sneaky:

Heading out with my sons Sat for the year’s first, in predicted 50F weather for trial by fire or ice depending on wind chill :ROFLMAO:
IMG_4026.jpeg

Rogue ST Max OS 3 hybrid continues to be so good . Gets up , gets distance and just wants to go straight which is what i want and need out of this club.

I had a range session today after a little over a week away for vacation and remember why I am so enamored with the Rogue ST Pro Irons and and Rogue ST Pro Hybrid. My swing was a mess yet the balls were still flying well. The feel of these irons are incredible and the performance on bad strikes still impresses me. It hit me that this is the longest I've played a set of irons in some time and have no reason to tinker. My previous set didn't have a hybrid in it as they typically didn't work well for me. The Rogue Pro Hybrid doesn't have the big left miss that I normally see and has solidified its place in my bag. I have so much confidence with it in hand

Last night was a surprise. I'm coming off of a family vacation with no golf in over a week and the range was shut down at the course so I had to go off cold. Even though my swing was rusty I was continually pin high with the Rogue ST Pro irons even on less than stellar strikes. I had 7 birdie putts from inside 14 feet which was incredible. I can't remember the last time I had that many good opportunities! I should have used the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid more as I was playing to aggressive with some tight lines with driver that got me in trouble. The one time I used it was on a par 5 and I flew it 218 and was just right of the green. I honestly don't know what more I could ask from this set. It continues to check every box and I have a ton of confidence in them.

Once again, the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid with Atmos Blue shaft is just magic for me. At the range I was hitting it flush and the best ones were landing on the front of the 230 yard green or just in front and running up. I don't know why this club is so easy for me to hit but it has been a real asset on the course!!

I’ve had the 4&5 ST Max hybrids a few rounds now and like them. This week, traded into a STM 3W and O/S 3h. Went out for twilight range session + 4 holes with my daughter, who is a rank beginner in her late 20s, and just played from the red tees w her. That makes #1 maybe 290 uphill, no reason for me to hit driver. Just smoked the 3h with a baby draw right down the middle 210-220 maybe up a decent grade, which is perfectly slotted for my bag. Super easy off a tee, the 4/5 have been very good off the ground. Thrilled to fill a slot that was killing me.

I do find the 3h a bit head heavy, so I make sure take a full cut practice swing and find the ground.

I was once again pin high over and over with the Rogue ST Pro irons in my round over the weekend. I don't know what it is about them but I have a ton of confidence and they got my eye and my swing really well!!

These things save me more than they should. Also I can absolutely send these things. We had a 205 par 3 and I hit 5 iron past the pin Saturday. I looked @Hibs and was like did that just happen?

Back