Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

It's amazing how clubs will step up when they know they're on the block. That's a crazy awesome round though! I'd be hard pressed to sell as well!

I am going to have to see if it was a fluke. There were some things I could do with the Rogue Pros that I can’t do with the FT Xs. One of the reasons I love the FT Xs is how I have my wedges set up. I couldn’t have the same wedge set up with the Callaways, but I have some thoughts churning in my head about how to handle it.

Would you have to drop the 47˚?

It's amazing how clubs will step up when they know they're on the block. That's a crazy awesome round though! I'd be hard pressed to sell as well!

Would you have to drop the 47˚?
If I were to have the Rogue Pros in the bag, which I seriously have to consider after my round yesterday, I think what I would do is go from the set aw, which is 48* to a 52* wedge, bent to 53* and a 58* lob wedge. The 6 iron of the Cobras is 24*, which is very strong. The 5 iron with the Rogue Pros is 23*. I have gone from the 6 iron with the Cobras into a 22* hybrid. Then on the other end, I have had 52*, 56* and 60* wedges. Here, I would essentially be choosing to use the 58* wedge for all of the shots that I currently use the 56* and 60* wedges for, and then throw in a 5 iron to get my gaps to work on the other side of the bag.

I have enjoyed all of the options having both a 56 and 60* wedge give me around the greens, but I am thinking that Z grind with the new raw wedges would give me most of what I have now. I tell you, it was fun to see my ball dance a bit on the green with an 8 iron. The Cobras are such launchers, but the spin is low and they roll out some. I felt like I had such precision yesterday.

It is all about trade offs, right?

If I were to have the Rogue Pros in the bag, which I seriously have to consider after my round yesterday, I think what I would do is go from the set aw, which is 48* to a 52* wedge, bent to 53* and a 58* lob wedge. The 6 iron of the Cobras is 24*, which is very strong. The 5 iron with the Rogue Pros is 23*. I have gone from the 6 iron with the Cobras into a 22* hybrid. Then on the other end, I have had 52*, 56* and 60* wedges. Here, I would essentially be choosing to use the 58* wedge for all of the shots that I currently use the 56* and 60* wedges for, and then throw in a 5 iron to get my gaps to work on the other side of the bag.

I have enjoyed all of the options having both a 56 and 60* wedge give me around the greens, but I am thinking that Z grind with the new raw wedges would give me most of what I have now. I tell you, it was fun to see my ball dance a bit on the green with an 8 iron. The Cobras are such launchers, but the spin is low and they roll out some. I felt like I had such precision yesterday.

Sounds like both sets are plenty long. Just gotta go with what works best for your game. Or have two sets. 🤣

very similar to my bag here. I went 5-AW, and then a 53* and 58* wedge.
I went with a 54 bent to 53 though, to keep the leading edge down.

once you find a groove with the Rogue ST Pros, they are just understatedly good

Sounds like both sets are plenty long. Just gotta go with what works best for your game. Or have two sets. 🤣
Or 4, lol.

8A2B9974-A114-4A06-A7B1-2AAF1318F4FD.jpeg
8i Pro vs 8i Max
Been lost for a bit in my swing so I’ve been dabbling between the Pros and Max’s. Feel is subjective to everyone but the Pros sound and feel better than the Max’s although the Max’s when struck well are consistently 5-6 yds longer than the Pros and fly straighter too. Prefer the Pros as the draw is easier to maintain vs the Max’s as they’ll turn over quite a bit on me in the early stages of reworking a swing. Cosmetically looking down at the two I’ll take the looks of the Pros as they have considerably less offset and the top line looks much thinner an sleek at address that leaves you with much more confidence at address. I’ve not been able to hit to the right with the Max’s which is nice from a elimination of a side of the course the only sticking point is the heavy draw or hook that’ll show up in my swing at the moment. Both are really nice looking clubs in the bag and look to be shorter in the heel to toe dimension than I’m used to but I’ve been able to grow accustomed to that and it doesn’t come to mind at address any longer.

I played another round with the Rogue ST Pros and had another super ball striking round on a tough course. I think that I am coming to the conclusion that when my swing is really on, these are the perfect set. When my swing is not on, the Cobra FT Xs give me the help I need. I think that I am leaving these in play until I cool off.

I was looking at my Arccos distances with my Forged Tec Xs and my Shot Scope distances with the Rogue ST Pros. The difference through the set is about 8 yards, in favor of the Forged Tec Xs. However, the Rogue ST Pros have better peak height and clearly more spin on the greens. I also feel like I can hit knock down and partial shots better with the Rogue Pros.

By adding in the 5 iron with the Rogue Pros, but taking out a wedge (replacing the 56 and 60) with a 58, I cover pretty much the same distances from one end of the set to the other. Again, as long as I am striking the ball equally well with both sets, the precision would seem to weigh in favor of the Rogue Pros.

Last edited:
I am in a really good groove with my ST pros right now. I am hitting more greens than i use to and it just seems so effortless at the moment. I have been working the 5-6 iron more so i am comfortable with the long shots in. Looking forward to my round on Sunday!

Range day again. Like how the swings progressing and the Pros feel and sound so good on solid strikes that fly so pure off the face. Set up currently has my misses off the toe that results in a loss of a club distance wise but the path stays pretty well straight which at the moment feels great from where I was. Looks over the ball is great where these look so good as they don’t have tons of offset and the top line looks good. If I was to nitpick I’d love a smidge more offset but would want to mess with the lofts at the moment to do so. Cosmetics in total are tremendous as they look like a blade from the bag but you know there’s technology there with the Rogue ST badge.

Lessons and range are paying off and the Pros were on fire 🔥. Distances were exactly what I’d been practicing and I’ve hit quite a few even with the pin on multiple occasions. Was so happy with the performance and you know instantly when it’s a good strike by how well the feel and sound is coming off the face.

The Rogue Pro 3 hybrid is such a reliable option for me. Whether off a short tee or the fairway/ rough I have so much confidence with it. In my last round my driver swing was garbage and when I switched to the hybrid I was hitting fairways and scoring much better.

The Rogue Pro 3 hybrid is such a reliable option for me. Whether off a short tee or the fairway/ rough I have so much confidence with it. In my last round my driver swing was garbage and when I switched to the hybrid I was hitting fairways and scoring much better.

I came across a used Rogue Pro 3 hybrid at Edwin Watts and decided to hit it, just because it looked so good at address. I struggle with hybrids pretty badly. Everything just goes left with them. First swing with the Pro and it was dead straight and total distance was 237. I hit probably 10 or so shots with it and none went left and average distance was about 220-225. I was honestly shocked to see straight or slight fades on every shot. I finally put it down and told my wife we just needed to leave. :LOL:

Now I'm contemplating trading my Apex 21 hybrid for a Rogue ST Pro. Since you have some experience with it, is it pretty easy to avoid that left miss out in the real world? What kind of height are you seeing? I was surprised that the Pro was launching higher than my Apex 21 and wasn't sure if that was a fluke.

This is how I use my Mav 3H, and 4H for that matter. I have a 3W on order but it's honestly probably not necessary as far as I hit my 3H off the tee.

I came across a used Rogue Pro 3 hybrid at Edwin Watts and decided to hit it, just because it looked so good at address. I struggle with hybrids pretty badly. Everything just goes left with them. First swing with the Pro and it was dead straight and total distance was 237. I hit probably 10 or so shots with it and none went left and average distance was about 220-225. I was honestly shocked to see straight or slight fades on every shot. I finally put it down and told my wife we just needed to leave. :LOL:

Now I'm contemplating trading my Apex 21 hybrid for a Rogue ST Pro. Since you have some experience with it, is it pretty easy to avoid that left miss out in the real world? What kind of height are you seeing? I was surprised that the Pro was launching higher than my Apex 21 and wasn't sure if that was a fluke.
This is exactly why it found a way into my bag. Hybrids normally don't agree with me as I can hit them off the planet left but this one is very neutral for me. If I flip my hands I can still turn it over but it's not the big miss OB left.. usually I'm just in the left rough on those swings. And I can actually cut it and have it fall right which is something I couldn't reliably do with other hybrids in the past. As far as height, this one launches really nice for me and goes a little higher than I was expecting from a 3 hybrid. If I need more height I put a cut swing on it but normally I don't need to resort to that. Off a short tee I can hit this quite high and my best swings get me 235-245 yards on course.

This is exactly why it found a way into my bag. Hybrids normally don't agree with me as I can hit them off the planet left but this one is very neutral for me. If I flip my hands I can still turn it over but it's not the big miss OB left.. usually I'm just in the left rough on those swings. And I can actually cut it and have it fall right which is something I couldn't reliably do with other hybrids in the past. As far as height, this one launches really nice for me and goes a little higher than I was expecting from a 3 hybrid. If I need more height I put a cut swing on it but normally I don't need to resort to that. Off a short tee I can hit this quite high and my best swings get me 235-245 yards on course.

Sounds like you were in the same boat as me with hybrids. Every hybrid I’ve hit just wants to go left and I end up in trouble. The Rogue Pro I was able to hit a fade, which I haven’t been able to do with any others. I’m glad to hear the Pro is less draw biased than the others. I’m going to see if our club has a demo to hit at the range. If not, I may just take a shot and trade my Apex for it.

A pretty awesome THP'er hooked me up with a Rogue ST Max 4 iron and I finally get to take it out tomorrow night on the course. Pretty excited to try it out on a couple of longer par 3's we have.

Typically I reach for the Epic Super Hybrid and try to take a bit off of it, but it'll be fun to see what the 4 iron can do. I remember hitting one at ECPC and almost being startled by how far it went.

I’m going to hit this 3 hybrid vs the Apex next week and make a decision. I keep flip flopping.

I am coming closer to dropping the Rogue ST Pros into the first position and have to decide, as I have my state senior am qualifying coming up on the 10th. If I go this direction, I will replace the set aw with a 48* Jaws Raw (bent to 49*), and a 54* Jaws Raw W grind and a 58* Jaws Raw Z grind.

I worry a bit about the gap between the pw and the gw, as it is a 6* difference, but I like the idea of having the 54* wide grind to go along with the 58* Z grind. This gives me some different options for partial shots and shots around the greens.

I am coming closer to dropping the Rogue ST Pros into the first position and have to decide, as I have my state senior am qualifying coming up on the 10th. If I go this direction, I will replace the set aw with a 48* Jaws Raw (bent to 49*), and a 54* Jaws Raw W grind and a 58* Jaws Raw Z grind.

I worry a bit about the gap between the pw and the gw, as it is a 6* difference, but I like the idea of having the 54* wide grind to go along with the 58* Z grind. This gives me some different options for partial shots and shots around the greens.
Whatever decision you make good luck . No doubt you will do well.

The ST Max OS continue to perform for me. The perfect blend of forgiveness and distance for me.

Me too on the ST Max OS. Amazed at how they perform when I miss the center with my occasional toe strike. Must be that big tungsten weight in the toe.;)

Me too on the ST Max OS. Amazed at how they perform when I miss the center with my occasional toe strike. Must be that big tungsten weight in the toe.;)

I hit more than my fair share towards the toe too. :LOL:

While I firmly believe the Rogue ST Pro are the best irons Callaway has this year, I am really excited to get this “Rehab Set” on the course while I recover and try to gain some strength back. There is a slim chance I can hit these on sunday, if not then mid-week with some lessons.

Rogue ST Max 6-P,A,G
MMT 85g Reg Flex
Upright 1*
MCC +4 standard, plus 4 wraps.

D95A4970-62C7-4299-BA96-3E5943096C9E.jpeg

CBEC904B-48FE-462A-BB12-A571FF876714.jpeg

5A4AC4A3-4DDF-4EE4-A0AB-1239A9FB6305.jpeg

Early this year I demoed the st pro and st max . Both were great I found the max longer and the pros more accurate being a senior golfer with some joint pain went with the max for the extra distance with the blue tensei . I am now questioning my decision . The dispersion is ok but not as good as I would like plus finding the sole a little clunking, likely me. I ordered a set of of st pros to try with the Tensei whites . I can return them within 30 days . Just to to give both sets to see what set will stay in the bag.

Back