Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

First round tommorrow afternoon with these badboys!!! First round in 2 months gonna need all the help I can get.

Good luck tomorrow man! I'm sure you will do just fine. Enjoy the Razr X Tours.

First round tommorrow afternoon with these badboys!!! First round in 2 months gonna need all the help I can get.

I'd get in a good range session before your round will help with new sticks.

Wow....and the CB's are gone just like that. These must be some pretty damn good clubs. Can't wait to hear more from everyone.

I know I'm getting repetitive at this point, but I've been saying........I believe that the Razr X Tours might be the most underrated irons of the year. At address, the look awesome, minimal offset, beveled top line (so it looks smaller) and a beautiful brushed chrome finish. But, where they really shine is that they packed a boat load of forgiveness into a sleek iron head. It didn't surprise me at all that everyone at the demo day that hit them, enjoyed them. THey are longer than the CB's, they are more forgiving, they are sleeker in the looks department, and they are probably more workable if you want them to be. The one area where they can't touch the CB's.............they aren't Taylormade's.

I've played so much golf with my brother this year, so much that I've probably been with him for 75% of his rounds with his CB's and while I thought he hit them quite consistently, I knew that they weren't the most forgiving golf club. I saw results, I heard his comments, and witnessed his reactions. He hit them well for the most part, but boy, when he did miss, the misses weren't good results. So when he called me today after his FIRST range session with his RXT's and told me about his results, I could hear the joy/relief/whatever in his voice.

Again, most underrated irons of the year. What a shame.

I know I'm getting repetitive at this point, but I've been saying........I believe that the Razr X Tours might be the most underrated irons of the year. At address, the look awesome, minimal offset, beveled top line (so it looks smaller) and a beautiful brushed chrome finish. But, where they really shine is that they packed a boat load of forgiveness into a sleek iron head. It didn't surprise me at all that everyone at the demo day that hit them, enjoyed them. THey are longer than the CB's, they are more forgiving, they are sleeker in the looks department, and they are probably more workable if you want them to be. The one area where they can't touch the CB's.............they aren't Taylormade's.

I've played so much golf with my brother this year, so much that I've probably been with him for 75% of his rounds with his CB's and while I thought he hit them quite consistently, I knew that they weren't the most forgiving golf club. I saw results, I heard his comments, and witnessed his reactions. He hit them well for the most part, but boy, when he did miss, the misses weren't good results. So when he called me today after his FIRST range session with his RXT's and told me about his results, I could hear the joy/relief/whatever in his voice.

Wow, sounds like the RXT's are a great iron. I haven't had a chance to hit them, but I definitely want to take a few swings of someones in August. I would have never thought the tour version would be really forgiving.

Completely agree. The RazrX Tours are the most underrated iron and I think the entire Callaway lineup is the most underrated. Their entire line this year is fantastic.

Edit: And in playing with your bro he has a great game. You could see him miss a shot just a touch sometimes and the results were shockingly bad. I think he's going to be ready for the MC big time!

Wow, sounds like the RXT's are a great iron. I haven't had a chance to hit them, but I definitely want to take a few swings of someones in August. I would have never thought the tour version would be really forgiving.

I think that's why they're so great, b/c they are a "tour" version but I'm telling you, they just offer more forgiveness than you'd imagine.

Completely agree. The RazrX Tours are the most underrated iron and I think the entire Callaway lineup is the most underrated. Their entire line this year is fantastic.

Edit: And in playing with your bro he has a great game. You could see him miss a shot just a touch sometimes and the results were shockingly bad. I think he's going to be ready for the MC big time!

I agree Chunky. I know his game quite well, and it wasn't always fun watching slight mishits get punished so severely. This is just my interpretation though.

The Callaway line has surely taken a backseat to other irons this year no doubt. I can't wait to hear more about Callaways line as you guys play em'.

I think that's why they're so great, b/c they are a "tour" version but I'm telling you, they just offer more forgiveness than you'd imagine.

I agree Chunky. I know his game quite well, and it wasn't always fun watching slight mishits get punished so severely. This is just my interpretation though.

I think your right on. Don't want to make this a One-T love fest or nothing because after all I beat his ass all around the course. But watching him play you could tell he is really good. Also watching some of the guys swing at the range I definitely have my favorites for the MC. Your bro is one of them. His short game is going to wear someone down!

I think your right on. Don't want to make this a One-T love fest or nothing because after all I beat his ass all around the course. But watching him play you could tell he is really good. Also watching some of the guys swing at the range I definitely have my favorites for the MC. Your bro is one of them. His short game is going to wear someone down!

I guess that means I should be fine then, b/c he still has yet to beat me this year......hehe

I guess that means I should be fine then, b/c he still has yet to beat me this year......hehe

That makes 2 of us lol

Awesome post. This gets me very excited to hit mine.

That makes 2 of us lol

lol chunky!!! True DAT! I think he'll be fine. We play a lot and practice a lot and push each other a lot. I wish he were on my team to be honest. Nothing better than doing battle with your brother. We've done it on basketball courts and softball fields and have been teammates in a lot of scramble tournaments so I know his game well. I'm very happy that he's loving the irons, that will make a huge difference to his game and I believe it will translate well off the tee for him.

Awesome post. This gets me very excited to hit mine.

But you have hit them, and hit them well! You're going to be money. That's your strength right there, iron play!

But you have hit them, and hit them well! You're going to be money. That's your strength right there, iron play!

Well it might end up being the putter now .... lol

Before I get into my range session I want to add I agree with TC 100% on his thoughts. For a player like myself I could even play the Tours with the forgiveness they pack but Razr X suit my game a little better. When I miss, I flat out miss. Not sure any iron can help but the reg X's make sure I still have a shot. I really had to think hard between the two. Even at my level the Razr X tours are more than playable. As TC pointed out the CB's arent very forgiving and to me the difference is appearant from the get go. Not a knock on TM because Im sure it fits other players just fine, but the Razr line is for real.

I had a terrific range session. Adjusted my grip a little along with ball position and what do you know! I still get under the ball and miss it fat at times. My rangesession wasnt perfect but it was repeatable and should be repeatable on course. The ball flight with these irons is awesome. I get a piercing flight and a little draw at the end sometimes. The fat shots lose about 20 yards maybe a bit more but stay on line. My fat shots are really chunky and these cut down on the yardage loss quite a bit. I had 2 slices today. Awesome out of 80 or so balls.

The turf interaction is fantastic. If you look at the iron holding it up, the sole looks smaller than others in the GI category because of the design Callaway uses. It makes a difference. My divots are more consistant than im used to depth wise. People sometimes laugh when I mention turf interaction but with how steep I come in, I really have to have an iron that works for me and not against me. I could be wrong but man, its in my head haha.

Im not looking for perfection every shot but rather consistancy. I used the same 2 ball alternating club approach. These are shaping up to be something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Kevin. You are going to do great as well. Very steady

Well it might end up being the putter now .... lol

lol, it very well could be. Make sure to hook your Captain up, remember? hahaha

Before I get into my range session I want to add I agree with TC 100% on his thoughts. For a player like myself I could even play the Tours with the forgiveness they pack but Razr X suit my game a little better. When I miss, I flat out miss. Not sure any iron can help but the reg X's make sure I still have a shot. I really had to think hard between the two. Even at my level the Razr X tours are more than playable. As TC pointed out the CB's arent very forgiving and to me the difference is appearant from the get go. Not a knock on TM because Im sure it fits other players just fine, but the Razr line is for real.

I had a terrific range session. Adjusted my grip a little along with ball position and what do you know! I still get under the ball and miss it fat at times. My rangesession wasnt perfect but it was repeatable and should be repeatable on course. The ball flight with these irons is awesome. I get a piercing flight and a little draw at the end sometimes. The fat shots lose about 20 yards maybe a bit more but stay on line. My fat shots are really chunky and these cut down on the yardage loss quite a bit. I had 2 slices today. Awesome out of 80 or so balls.

The turf interaction is fantastic. If you look at the iron holding it up, the sole looks smaller than others in the GI category because of the design Callaway uses. It makes a difference. My divots are more consistant than im used to depth wise. People sometimes laugh when I mention turf interaction but with how steep I come in, I really have to have an iron that works for me and not against me. I could be wrong but man, its in my head haha.

Im not looking for perfection every shot but rather consistancy. I used the same 2 ball alternating club approach. These are shaping up to be something special.

Good stuff Yoccos!

Yoccos, your write ups rock dude! Always thorough and packed full of information and TRUTH!!!

Keep that upper body still broski, swing around the core.

Nice feedback TC and Yoccos. Initial thoughts look like big wins for Callaway staffers.

Great write-up yoccos. How is the leading edge on these babies. They sound like they have stellar turf interaction.

Appreciate it lads. OEM's swing is the truth. I had the pleasure of demo day'ing with him and DDec for a lot of the time and it was a lot of fun.

TC Ive been channeling my inner Lee. Biggsy's grip pointer gave me a good reminder and has helped make that swing around the core a touch easier. These irons are what Ive been needing.

Ill get a pic for you for sure. They are really nice. Really cut through the turf. I dig in my swing dude and these dont stick as much as Im used too. Significantly less.

Great write-up yoccos. How is the leading edge on these babies. They sound like they have stellar turf interaction.

Appreciate it lads. OEM's swing is the truth. I had the pleasure of demo day'ing with him and DDec for a lot of the time and it was a lot of fun.

TC Ive been channeling my inner Lee. Biggsy's grip pointer gave me a good reminder and has helped make that swing around the core a touch easier. These irons are what Ive been needing.

lol thanks dude. It might be the truth buts not marcawesome. Great write up and thoughts man. Loving all the good words on these irons.

Back