Callaway Website Privacy Claims

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
IMG_5288.png

This popped up on Facebook. Anyone know anything about this?

They seem to be busy “investigating” a whole dump truck of websites that may (or may not) have violated your privacy rights. Seems like another one of those lawyer shakedown schemes we’re drowning in these days but who knows. It’s always possible it’s legit, and they could be genuinely concerned with making this world a better place and not just with how to extort companies to increase their cash flow.

Crap, now all of the folks at Callaway know about my Ashley Madison, Tinder and Grindr accounts?

Whoa, this same group must be targeting a lot of lifestyle and sports brands. I have received messages on this about 9 different golf company websites.

They probably employed someone behind the scenes to hack all these websites so they can prove there's a privacy leak.

I wouldn't care if I actually WAS entitled to 5k for some type of breach. Callaway is too good to this community. The lawyers can eat a d***.

I saw this a couple weeks ago. I thought it was a scam..

While I haven't received this notification.... man I hope I do so I can input all my personal information and await my compensation!

Great, they saw I was looking at golf equipment. Believe me, they knew that without any sort of tracker needed.
Right!?

I’m pretty sure someone who has “purchased” and tracked my info across my cookies had to brush their teeth, take a shower, questioned humanity, and wondered how trailer tires fit into all of it.

Seriously? Lawyers being lawyers…no ill intent to those who are truly lawyers. I’m hearing about this more and more from some groups out there.

Seriously? Lawyers being lawyers…no ill intent to those who are truly lawyers. I’m hearing about this more and more from some groups out there.
I’m not surprised. If this is some sort of class action lawsuit, there’s a lot of money to be made for these firms for their “fees.” I feel bad for Callaway but is this just sort of the cost of doing business? Get big enough and law firms come after you for stuff like this?

You mean Callaway might know that I was looking at golf equipment, and might have my personal information (including credit card information) that I willingly and knowingly entered to buy things from them? The horror, the horror!

And now this shady bunch of ambulance chasing shysters who I know nothing about wants me to fill out a form on their website providing all my personal information so they can contact me about a claim? Yeah, seems legit. F*** off.

I wouldn't care if I actually WAS entitled to 5k for some type of breach. Callaway is too good to this community. The lawyers can eat a d***.
This is my thought exactly. I assume there going after a bunch of sites hoping they didn't have the cookies notification you see all the time now or something stupid. As someone in IT, i expect that your clicks on any website are tracked or logged somehow. Them not being so would be a bigger suprise to me.

Great, they saw I was looking at golf equipment. Believe me, they knew that without any sort of tracker needed.
Must be why I keep getting these emails stating, thanks for stopping by. We saved your cart for you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Must be why I keep getting these emails stating, thanks for stopping by. We saved your cart for you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I’ve gotten that a lot. I was checking specs damn it! I didn’t even HAVE a cart!

I’ve gotten that a lot. I was checking specs damn it! I didn’t even HAVE a cart!
Same. I was looking at the Apex Pro irons this weekend and then got that email the next morning, lol.

Ignore. Just another scam

Ignore. Just another scam

No way man, i've got total FOMO over that 5K payment.

Now, allow me to go check on my Theranos and Nikola Motors investments....

They can pay me in Apex Pro irons for the settlement. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What if I used roundup in the last 30 years or smothered myself in baby powder while browsing Callaway.com?

Back