Callaway XR Hybrids Preview Thread

While I really want a driver head that is adjustable, having that on my hybrids is something I don't care as much about for whatever reason. I'm personally glad that they offer versions with and without.

I see it both ways - I like the ability to tweak loft to get the gap where you want it, but I much prefer the smaller hosel of a fixed hosel club.

This head shape is one of my absolute favorites.

It's a no-brainer to want to try this one out. 2Hot was a very good golf club.

X2hot pro was the first hybrid I loved hitting. If the XR are really much better i'll be blown away

Not hitting this at the Grandaddy was a mistake. I still struggle with hybrids, for no reason at all, and while I like the Big Bertha hybrid just fine, I think I like this look (shape) a little bit better.

I am in complete agreement with you on that. I didn't hit this or the 815 simply because it wasn't available to us. I've had some great shots with the Bertha (ie. match winner in singles) but have really struggled with it since then. I'm really hoping to get the XR on a demo, it just looks fantastic.

I think you will really like this one.

I'm thinking I'm in the same boat as well

Almost placed a blind order tonight JB. I'm excited about this one and probably will find a demo this weekend.

Anything is going to have a hard time getting the spot in my bag over the X2Hots, but these will get a run for sure based on what I'm reading.

Almost placed a blind order tonight JB. I'm excited about this one and probably will find a demo this weekend.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Bump for a thread that deserves it. These things are launchers. Picked up the 3H and took it to the range tonight, was keeping pace with my 3 wood...and the sound, wow. Callaway did a lot right with this club.

I finally got fit for hybrids and these ended up in my bag. Last time I played, I hit my drive in the light rough in front of a long tree line. Hit my 4H straight down the tree line, rolled up onto the green, hit the pin and stopped 4 feet from the cup. My buddy still talks about that shot. These are long and forgiving.

Agree. Really liked these when I tried them out recently.

Got to try these yesterday, sweet sound and feel. I have no hybrid in my bag now, but that´s about to change.

Back