Can You Go Gloveless?

I can and I have. Sometimes I get lazy and just don't take it out my back pocket when on a tee box.

I actually played a couple of rounds this year down in Florida where I didn't wear a glove. Interestingly I wound up with small cuts on the inside of my middle finger; I couldn't figure it out because my interlocking grip doesn't put the fingernails of my other hand anywhere near that finger. But what I think is happening is that the nail presses agains the finger in my through-swing.

I've never had any issues with club slippage playing without a glove though.

Probably could. I know plenty of people who do and I think I could make it work, it'd just take a lot of getting used to.

Haven't used a glove in years.

Reactions: Ooo
I can but I don’t like it at all on full swings. I go gloveless within 25 yards though

I wear a glove except for chipping and pitching. I wouldn't feel comfortable hitting a full shot without a glove on.

If the temps were low enough that my hands didn't sweat, I probably could, but it would throw me off. I'm so used to the glove, that not having it on full swings just feels weird at this point.

I dont, but I could, and I'd hate it

I have done it, but it definitely is not my preference. It just feels odd without a glove on. I only take if off for putting.

I've never tried. I imagine blisters would happen

On full swings, I would not enjoy it. I'd have bad swing thoughts as a result...

Partials, and around the green, no problem.

of course you can - I made the switch and will not be going back. Gloves came in to help with the original 'rough' grips - those days are long gone and the grips of today do not need gloves.

I never wear a glove, but don't live in a hot, humid place, so there is no problem with my hand slipping

No chance. I don't even like chipping without the glove on. It just doesn't feel right

I've play all my rounds without a glove.

It did some practice on the chipping green in below 60 degree weather with two gloves to keep my hands warm. I may play some cold weather rounds

I prefer chipping and putting without a glove. Full swings I prefer a glove. In the heat & humidity I sometimes wear rain gloves. On both hands.

Have been considering recently trying the Gripmaster leather grips.

The Claw gloves I purchased a few months ago have been very good and also have been extremely durable, but are probably finally in need of replacement.

I used to never wear one but now I can’t stand playing without one.

I generally play with no glove . Been this way since childhood. I prefer the feeling of the grip vs a glove . I do wear a glove when hitting balls on the range and when it's super humid out . Other than that no glove

Unless it's very cold or it's raining, I don't wear a glove.

I could play gloveless if I needed too. For comfort purposes I wouldn't do it willingly though.

Every round

I tried but can't with the humidity down here. even with the Zcords i need a glove. I do go without a glove at times with wedges and small swings, but full swings I have one on.

Been playing without a glove for about ten years now. Guess I just like the feel of it.

I don’t. I could this time of year but not mid summer

I never use a regular glove. I've tried one a few times over the years and always hated it. I do have a pair of cold weather gloves I use if its below about 45 degrees or so. But other than that its gloveless no matter the weather.

Back