Car Detailing Thread

some people use a spray just to wipe it down prior to polish. In case you left anything behind. But yes afterwards you would need to apply after clay. It made a big difference didn’t it? Sprays work great but they do not last very long. If you are looking for a compound / polish I recommend the RUPES. Been using this for 1.5 years and love it. The larger bottle is a compound/polish. The smaller has a protectant in it. as you can see I use 90% of the time the larger bottle as then I’ll apply a coating of some kind. The smaller I use on car that needs a basically polish / wax. They both have their place. I like the ease to apply and take off these items as well. And no I’m not paid for these items, they just really work well for me. Post so,e pics when you are done.
View attachment 9156974

Yeah I am not super worried about it lasting a long time just want something simple. I don't have the single setting patience to do something really involved.
Just so I am clear though....I need to do a polish after clay baring? I can't go straight to a wax spray? If that is the case I might just pay to have it done. Not sure I can see myself taking the time to do all of this, especially once the weather breaks. Sounds lazy but just other things I'd rather spend my time doing.

Yikes so it would go wash, clay, wash, polish then spray wax?
Generally yes that would be the order. Claying only removes the stuck contamination that you can't see or wash away. Polishing gets rid of swirls. It's often used after compounding but depends on how much paint correction is necessary or how perfect you want the finish to be. Good luck

Yeah I am not super worried about it lasting a long time just want something simple. I don't have the single setting patience to do something really involved.
Just so I am clear though....I need to do a polish after clay baring? I can't go straight to a wax spray? If that is the case I might just pay to have it done. Not sure I can see myself taking the time to do all of this, especially once the weather breaks. Sounds lazy but just other things I'd rather spend my time doing.
There is nothing that says you can't just spray on the wax. I would at least wash it again because it usually looks like sh!t after claying. Good luck. Hope it looks good for you

Thought I'd post this here. This is the carnage from a shopping carriage today at the grocery store. Never seen anything like it. Some deep ones that won't be compounding out. FML20230211_143057.jpg

I know that would just come out but I bet with some serious compound and polishing it can be hidden. Had a boat that looked like that. Guy didn’t want to wetsand but just hide as best as possible. Boat came out amazing Considering.

I know that would just come out but I bet with some serious compound and polishing it can be hidden. Had a boat that looked like that. Guy didn’t want to wetsand but just hide as best as possible. Boat came out amazing Considering.
Thanks. Yep wet sanding is last resort but may be necessary here. Will obviously compound the crap out of it first. Have to see. Will need to wait until it warms up a bit in a month or two. Sucks. People can't simply walk their carts to the corral.

Did a quick one on the golf cart today.

IMG_2989.jpegIMG_2990.jpeg

Did a Z28 last week and a F250 lifted the other day. Both finished with Adams Advanced Graphene.

80B6AC3A-B700-4FFC-A4A5-BCA50AE19727.jpeg19540600-BEAF-4D0F-8AF0-2CBBFEC0B125.jpegD8040BA3-AB01-4BDA-9399-6A9FF27E4084.jpeg

Ceramic coat? :LOL:

I need to sell my car and live somewhere where I just drive a cart
I did Jax Butter for a sealant and the blue pops. And yes you do

Thought I'd post this here. This is the carnage from a shopping carriage today at the grocery store. Never seen anything like it. Some deep ones that won't be compounding out. FML
Something like that will buff out pretty well doing a 2 stage polish. I always go with the adage of starting with the least aggressive method then working up (more aggressive) to what eventually works.

Haven't really posted much in awhile, but recently my Dad took delivery of his 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. Got to work on it over the winter to buff/ceramic coat it, it's straight jet black (no metallic) so it was imperative to do. I always say Black cars are great for the 5s they are clean after that it's game over :LOL: Anyways used Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light then followed up with some Liquid Crystal as a sacrificial layer. I have driven a lot of performance cars over my time, but driving a RWD sports sedan with almost 700hp is something different.
BW2.JPG
BW3.JPG

Something like that will buff out pretty well doing a 2 stage polish. I always go with the adage of starting with the least aggressive method then working up (more aggressive) to what eventually works.
Yep. Its definitely better. Used a heavy cut compound and several levels of polish and while not as obvious, its still noticeable to me

Haven't really posted much in awhile, but recently my Dad took delivery of his 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. Got to work on it over the winter to buff/ceramic coat it, it's straight jet black (no metallic) so it was imperative to do. I always say Black cars are great for the 5s they are clean after that it's game over :LOL: Anyways used Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light then followed up with some Liquid Crystal as a sacrificial layer. I have driven a lot of performance cars over my time, but driving a RWD sports sedan with almost 700hp is something different.
View attachment 9175617
View attachment 9175618
Those supercharged V8 caddies are sweet. Was messing around with a cts-v a few years ago and it walked me like I was standing still

Those supercharged V8 caddies are sweet. Was messing around with a cts-v a few years ago and it walked me like I was standing still
Yea it's kinda the end of an era of big American V8's, right now he's still in the break in period that is computer controlled. Can't rev past 4500 rpms etc. Still scoots with only like half it's power tho. Can't wait til the weather here in WNY breaks to take it out some more. It just got back from tint and PPF, so it's ready for some mileage.

Neighbor asked to detail her Honda Pilot. Needed to take out some scratches on the one side and some serious love inside but came out amazing.
CEF02301-184E-4899-A527-0010A2442844.jpeg8285E063-1648-408A-93B4-DBFABF58FB33.jpeg

Took time yesterday and this morning to clean, polish and Ceramic coat my 2017 Sierra. Used Adam Graphene Ceramic Advanced Spray and it was pretty easy to use. Proper prep is the key, but it turned out great!

20230519_115314.jpg
20230519_115325.jpg

Took time yesterday and this morning to clean, polish and Ceramic coat my 2017 Sierra. Used Adam Graphene Ceramic Advanced Spray and it was pretty easy to use. Proper prep is the key, but it turned out great!

View attachment 9179602
View attachment 9179603
Update. Cleaned some bugs and mud off the truck, and it came off so easy. Loving the Ceramic coating thus far, and which I would have done it sooner! It looks better and is easier to maintain.

Did this one last week. Wow this truck is 6 years old and never seen a garage and loves on a dirty road. Daughter got it for her dad. Yes the Adams ceramic does an amazing job. Two days later it rained and guy said you could see the water just fly off the hood.
IMG_1008.jpegIMG_1005.jpegIMG_1013.jpeg

Need my sunglasses on to look at the pics...(y)

Just bought a white Infiniti QX60, used and in great shape. I haven’t had a white vehicle in years. Do I need a special wax or anything to keep the paint bright. Also what do I use for bugs and road tar. I drive a ton. Thanks

Just bought a white Infiniti QX60, used and in great shape. I haven’t had a white vehicle in years. Do I need a special wax or anything to keep the paint bright. Also what do I use for bugs and road tar. I drive a ton. Thanks

There are lots of recommendations for Ceramic coating/polymer waxes in this thread. Here's a bug and tar remover that works well and isn't crazy expensive.

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 10.47.10 AM.png

If you can catch it quickly enough, Spray 9 is very good at removing bugs for a wipe on/ wipe off treatment.

I'm not really up to date with the new ceramic stuff (always scared to try new things) but gave the ol' girl a nice clean and wax the other day and it turned out pretty nice. In just the right lighting there's still a few faint swirl marks I'd like to deal with, but for 25 yo paint it'll have to do.

20230902_142032.jpg

Back