Cashing a Golden Ticket

Well you cannot go wrong with any THP experience you select but the Morgan cup would be at the top of my list.

I'm guessing the top 2 Experiences would be Morgan Cup and The Victory Cup. I'm sure more info will come out in the near future giving you more details about The Victory Cup so I would be patient so you could make a more informed decision. Also you never know what @JB has up his sleeve with other Experiences. There just might be one that appeals to you more. Either way I wish you luck and look forward to see what Experience you pick!

If I were in your shoes, I'd be hoping for some unannounced Callaway or Odyssey experience. If it doesn't look like that's gonna happen, I would change my mind every day for a couple months. :ROFLMAO:

I would have such a hard time deciding if it were me, but i would relish having to make that decision at the same time.

1. Figure out whats most important to you and what you want to do with your games.
  2. Is there a part of your game that you are more interested in?
  3. Read the threads from the Experiences that you are most interested in from last year.
  4. Is there an OEM that you feel most closest too?
AN answer to any of these question could start you down the path t selection.....

I'm guessing the top 2 Experiences would be Morgan Cup and The Victory Cup. I'm sure more info will come out in the near future giving you more details about The Victory Cup so I would be patient so you could make a more informed decision. Also you never know what @JB has up his sleeve with other Experiences. There just might be one that appeals to you more. Either way I wish you luck and look forward to see what Experience you pick!

Depends upon the person. Someone may not want the pressure of team golf and having to provide reviews of equipment over a period of time.

All the experiences are amazing, at some point you’ll end up putting names in the hat and drawing one out

If it were me, I’d be looking who is running the event and where it is being played. I’d personally favor any event at a course I’d be dying to play like Coeur D’Alene or Whisting Straights, but that has a lot to do with the fact I was just at the Grandaddy. If there’s an event you’ve enjoyed in the past to follow or a company you’re dying to talk to, go for their event!

This. Those 2 have to be up there, don't they? I'd sit back and wait on details though. Time, place/course, people, gear, etc details can/will probably make up your mind for you.

Depends on the person. Someone that wants a fitting, those won’t include that. Want more one on one time and smaller event they won’t either. Want all expenses paid, neither of those include travel or are free.

we are carefully planning every single experience in 2022 and every one of them is a major.

Well. If it was me, and I had to choose right now of what I was aware of. Mizuno victory cup is at the top.I

But so much more to come. And time and place matters.

For me the Victory Cup is intriguing. It's new. It's with Mizuno. It sounds cool from what I know and that's not a lot. But that's me and I live a sheltered life and totally suck at golf. You may have a completely different idea.

I’d start by looking at the time of year that fits your schedule.

since you may have a layoff for winter weather an early event might not be a good fit or like me I have 2 bad months for work each year that would be tougher to get away during that time.

I won the Golden Ticket back in December 2017 for the upcoming 2018 calendar year. At that time the only other event from the Morgan Cup that I was potentially considering was the Srixon event and being a Srixon/Cleveland iron/wedge player at that time that had my interest.

I love playing team events and ultimately with the history and the time of the year (I have times I cannot travel due to work) the Morgan cup was my number one choice. Absolutely zero regrets with my choice…it was the time of my life. Great equipment great swag and most of all great people.

As many have said already you have to factor in when you can travel, cost, if you have a brand loyalty and what type of experience you want. I enjoy competition, new equipment/swag, team play and matchplay so the Morgan Cup was right up my alley. The venue was superb and everyone I met was just as enthralled as I was. At the end of the day, you pick what’s best for you but you can’t make a bad decision at all with any THP experience, 100% first class. Good luck.

I think all the tidbits peeps have shared are great things to consider. In the end, if it were me, it’d come down to what kind of experience I’d want. Personally I love team competitions so any Cup would be in my radar….

Good luck! We all want to be you right now! Can’t wait to follow this decision.

This is a really tough one. The Morgan Cup and Victory Cup immediately come to mind but an event with Ben Hogan would be excellent too and I'd also want to hold out to see if Callaway does anything.

Shaft Up is a bucket list event for me because I want to learn more about shafts and what fits my game.

I would suggest that you write down a list of pros and cons. Some of The things to consider (in no particular order), in my opinion are:

Cost of event
Equipment invovled
Team competition
Travel logistics and expenses.

Best of luck in your decision. Good thing that there is no wrong answer. Every experience will be awesome.

These are some things I'd consider as well. TBH I wouldn't know where to start. Most likely I'd wait for all the information to come out on the events and then I'd go straight back into lurker status and reread the live followings of the events (since I don't know much about them if I'm being honest). Then I'd likely message some members of experiences and get their opinions too.

From the above list and the reading of the threads, and talking to people that'd help me narrow it down. Can't wait to follow along your journey @That post!

I think all the tidbits peeps have shared are great things to consider. In the end, if it were me, it’d come down to what kind of experience I’d want. Personally I love team competitions so any Cup would be in my radar….

Good luck! We all want to be you right now! Can’t wait to follow this decision.
Team Events are pretty prevalent throughout including Titleist Experience, Ben Hogan Experience and a number of others.

This is a really tough one. The Morgan Cup and Victory Cup immediately come to mind but an event with Ben Hogan would be excellent too and I'd also want to hold out to see if Callaway does anything.

Shaft Up is a bucket list event for me because I want to learn more about shafts and what fits my game.

The Shaft Up experiences are very intriguing. It’s an amazing opportunity when you think about what the experience offers. And they have been held at some great locations.

Great problem to have. It's pretty simple for me as of right now, it would be either The Morgan Cup or The Victory Cup. I have multiple reasons, but the foremost is competition. I really enjoy competitive golf (even if I'm not very good). Not being fitted isn't an issue, if I were lucky enough to get in I would take the time to do a full bag fitting at Club Champion or another local shop (my brother swears by Chris Cote golf in CT) so I knew exactly what the right choices were. The other deciding factor for me would be amount of golf. I simply love this game and if one event had 54 holes and another 36 I'd lean strongly to the 54.

That being said, if getting fitted is your thing there are some fantastic options out there. I don't know if Mizuno and Project X will team up again next year but it's tough to do better than having @Vosh68 and @+7 KPTT go to work on getting you in the right set-up. The fact they're both fantastic people doesn't hurt either :ROFLMAO:. Shaft up would certainly fit the bill as well, as @DannyLe is also an awesome guy and great fitter.

Plus, you don't even know what else is on the horizon so sit back and enjoy the ride my friend :cool:

Gonna throw out the Motocaddy event next year as well. There was a lot of excitement from the participating companies, Mizuno was the other I believe? That one would be on my top 3 list for choices all things considered!

I'd be all in on the Victory Cup or the Morgan Cup

having been lucky enough to have been chosen last year for the MC, I'd go Victory Cup!

congrats again and good luck :drinks:

This is an amazing and impossible decision to have to make! My advice would be to go back and read through as many live threads and recaps as you possibly can which will give you a flavour of what may be in store. Enjoy!

I like to keep it real, so here's my realistic take with no glam and sugar coating. What others have said is true, you are not going to go wrong with a THP experience, PERIOD, and I want to make sure everyone just read that so I don't take heat for my take below, but there's alot to consider here.

Honestly, there's no way I'd be even close to picking my experience right now with the lack of detail we have for the THP experiences so far, but for someone who tracked all these on a spreadsheet throughout the year here's some REAL things to think about...and I think we can use a little bit of history to help sculpt what some of these might have.

The heavy favorites I'm seeing, and I totally understand why are Morgan Cup and Victory Cup, but those do have a drawback...those will cost ya...

Morgan Cup is an incredible experience, but it's a tough location to travel to this year and you pay your airfare and way to get down to the course which isn't near a major airport. I'm also assuming it'll cost since the past have, I'd imagine it's going to be roughly $1000-$1500 out of pocket to get to when all said and done. Is it incredible value for what your getting, 100%, I mean obviously your getting a full bag of clubs, lodging the whole gambit, from a cost/value perspective you still come out way ahead no questions asked, but you still have to be willing to shell out that money.

Victory Cup, & The Titleist Experience which have a similar feel, will PROBABLY also both be close to full bags of clubs and awesome team style events like the Morgan Cup. I'd guess $500 entry on both of these as well and then your paying your travel probably as well (VERY speculative for that Victory Cup, but the Mizuno Experience last year was $500 entry +airfare), so depending on location, course and which brand you favor these two could be on the table as well, but all in all these will probably land around $1000+ out of pocket too I would imagine.

I think the underrated experiences that alot of people aren't mentioning are ANYTHING hosted by Budget. I don't mean this in any negative way towards any of the other sponsors, but Budget throws it down! They have not gone cheap with their experiences! It's not a Grandadddy, but it's definitely a little tiny mini baby one! Highly underrated, the budget experience last year was ALL EXPENSES PAID, you didn't pay a dime for anything and you took home a GOOD AMOUNT of swag, full set of irons, shoes, 6 dozen golf balls, rangefinder, new bag, all for $0. And on top of that we have something called the Budget Championship we don't know a ton about yet, if this is an all expenses paid team style event...it could be the Dark Horse and the best event on the list.

The other events I think that are underrated are the Shaft Up events. Again these are all expenses paid being a huge sell. You'll have several locations to pick from. You don't end up with a full bag of clubs here, but it just depends on need because you're still getting decent swag here, in a much more low key personalized experience where you really get to take in the experts, and again it's all expenses paid with location choices!

Hopefully that is actually helpful...

I thought this would be a fun thread.

It's starting to sink in that I've won the THP lottery and one of the most coveted prizes on the site 'The Golden Ticket'. For those unaware, there is a good post here about what it is.

In short THP hosts a ton of incredible experiences (for Albatross Club members) and as a Golden Ticket winner, I now have the task of choosing one to participate in. I'm finding this to be a very challenging task, let me be very clear that it's an AWESOME problem to have. But a bit of a problem nonetheless.

I thought having this thread might be a fun way to engage the board and hear some different opinions. With the announcement today that another Golden Ticket is going to be out there in the Mystery Bags this is a good place to talk about what you would do with it if you are as fortunate as I was today.

I'd love to hear from past golden ticket winners, members that have participated in experiences, and those still dreaming about it. What makes the experience you chose or was chosen for one I should seriously think about? If you haven't participated in an experience which one do you look forward to most and why?

In short, I need help from my THP brothers and sisters. I'll ultimately make my own decision for my own reason but a little crowdsourcing for opinions never hurts.

I feel so incredibly blessed to have been selected for this opportunity. Each and every experience put on by THP and their partners is an amazing realization of an internet golfers' dreams so I know the possibility of a bad decision does not exist. How exciting is that?!!?

A little about me that may or may not impact suggestions:
I took a 15ish year break from Golf and just came back to the sport seriously this past June/July.
I've been working hard on distance off the tee (and in general) for some time now.
I'm a 'data geek'.
I play every Monday and some Wednesday's and post most of my rounds in the Live thread.
I'm not committed to my bag or any particular brand. I do have a burning hatred for the SR flex clubs I have left from my Dad. Here's my WITB.

Let's have some fun with this THP. Help me make an impossible decision :)
Any THP Experience is going to be rewarding IMO. My advice would be to select an event that you can not only enjoy, but also be able to contribute post event. The relationships THP has developed with OEM's are amazing and these experiences allow us to have a front row seat to some of the best in the golf industry. Pick something that you can provide long term feedback to the community and at the same time have fun doing it.

Any THP Experience is going to be rewarding IMO. My advice would be to select an event that you can not only enjoy, but also be able to contribute post event. The relationships THP has developed with OEM's are amazing and these experiences allow us to have a front row seat to some of the best in the golf industry. Pick something that you can provide long term feedback to the community and at the same time have fun doing it.
This is 100% spot on. I cannot improve on it, this is the answer.

Back