Cconcerned With Distance Only

Distance is awesome, but it's not the only thing. Those are still some solid 6 irons dude!

Amen! Distance is great, but give me control over distance any day of the week.

Amen! Distance is great, but give me control over distance any day of the week.

This is exactly how I feel as well. If you can gain some distance without any loss of control, then it doesn't get any better.

Very interesting, if you don't mind me asking, why is the graphite your shaft of choice?

Sometimes these types of electronic devices are not 100% correct. You should check again!

I am a little confused here. Seems like everyone is just agreeing and patting Keith on the back. One thing I do see is carry distance. Its great with the Adams. who gives a shat about roll. His carry is better than his roll with the mizzies. I understand that distance isnt number one, but thats almost a game changer IMHO. To be able to add 10 yards of carry would only help with all the other clubs. I think the real test here wouldnt be a simulator. It would be on course. See dispersion and GIRS. and keith, I know you love graphite, but maybe the stiffer flex is good for you.

I am just trying to be the other side here. If you take this much time to try new things and hit on simulators then it may be worth making a change in the norm. I couldnt tell you what my SS is, my launch angle, or my ball spin rate. I go by performance.

I may be missing something here, and if I am then sorry. Just my opinion.

Keith, your trajectories with the Adams look great. Regardless of spin, your ball shouldn't roll out too far on the greens with a normal approach shot. You might see 10 - 15 feet of roll out, possibly less if the greens are soft.

If I were you, I would try them outdoors. Hit into a green if you can. I think the 10 extra yards per club would be worth it in my opinion.

I see your point Jarrett. I am going to try and test this in regular shaft to see what the numbers look like as I do enjoy the distance but want some stopping ability on the greens when I do hit one. This test has me really interested in the new UST Recoil shafts more than ever.

I may just have to do that TrueFX.

I have all but eliminated the Mx200s from the test because the distances are just not comparable to the others.

I see your point Jarrett. I am going to try and test this in regular shaft to see what the numbers look like as I do enjoy the distance but want some stopping ability on the greens when I do hit one. This test has me really interested in the new UST Recoil shafts more than ever.
well, I also wouldnt discount a lighter stiff flex steel shaft. I would focus on carry, unless your hitting low shots, the ball will stop

those r some heck of diff in spin numbers. Without doing the math looks about 2and1/2 to 3 times in spin. I too like others said, would look more at the carry than the roll on the sim.

You mention the spin being the most guilty part of the distance changes and i agree But something got me curious (and i could be wrong) about trying to visualize the ball flight between the two when looking at the numbers. And this may or may not apeal to your liking one way or the other.

The adams are launching at higher angle and but also decending at slightly lower angle and combined with the much lower spin it seems the ball flight would be a bit more boring one (if thats the correct way to put it) even though its actually launching higher. Where as the Mizo's launch at the lower angle but probably still topping out overall higher hight for a more ballooning flight with slightly higher decent angle too as indicated. All resulting in a higher but shorter shot. Thats probably also why the sim (although over compensated) reacted to the total distance with roll.

That seems to make sense to me from what I see in the chart when trying to visualize the flight. If you agree with that (perhaps you may already thought the same) but then you may ask yourself which of the two ball flights suits your preference regardless of legnth? May ask yourself what your looking for regardless of the club legnth. Longer does not have to mean better. Just something to consider. So you use a 9 instead of a pw or an 8 instead of a 9. If its got the type ball flight you want and like to play whats the difference? Just a thought.

And it would also be interesting to see a comparo with the same shafts if that were possible.

Last edited:
Hey Jarrett,

I see you mentioned my carry with the Adams was more than my roll with Mizunos. Not sure is you also saw the carry/roll with the other set of Mizunos. The JPX are at very top and only one line could be dispayed on the screen. I used two 6 irons Mizunos in the test. (Mx 200s and JPX 800s). Interesting points people.

Hey Jarrett,

I see you mentioned my carry with the Adams was more than my roll with Mizunos. Not sure is you also saw the carry/roll with the other set of Mizunos. The JPX are at very top and only one line could be dispayed on the screen. I used two 6 irons Mizunos in the test. (Mx 200s and JPX 800s). Interesting points people.
I just saw that. Now that you mention it.

That being said, the JPX seems to be the one for you from that one line. I also really like that your SS was more with the JPX. Color me impressed with that club dude. Seems like that is the match

Back