Central Iowa THP Get-Together

Sweet! That made my day, duey.

Sent via Tapatalk

Someone may have to drag me behind the cart the final nine holes of the day but am going for it, haven't played 36 holes in one day in many years. May stay overnight may not depends on my SIL.

I updated post 36 again. The first 6 are the folks we know are planning on being there for both rounds. I pm'd mngolferguy to see if he is going to be able to make it.

Here is the course we are playing (hopefully).

Fly-over

Tentatively, I'm going to say yes to both rounds. Sure, I haven't swung a golf club in over a month, but this is likely my last hurrah for the season. It has to be tentative though. New born baby and all. My wife has given me the go ahead for being gone all day (she's such a sweetheart), but you just never know what could come up.

So for now, things look positive for both rounds. I think it deserves a

WHOO!!!

~Rock

WHOO!!

Fly-over

Sooooooooooo. Despite having a person describe the strategy of each hole, they still used Microsoft Betty (or whatever her name is) to state the number of the hole and yardage. Doesn't make sense, but made me laugh.

Fly-over

Nice looking course. Looks pretty new from the video with smallish young trees and pretty open. Not real set-up for a fade/slice player, lol. Quite a bit of water and sand set at good spots and he kept saying another hard green to see from the fw. Should be a great time, I'll bring extra balls, lol.

Nice looking course. Looks pretty new from the video with smallish young trees and pretty open. Not real set-up for a fade/slice player, lol. Quite a bit of water and sand set at good spots and he kept saying another hard green to see from the fw. Should be a great time, I'll bring extra balls, lol.
They actually closed the course for a year in 2009 I believe and completely re-did it. It was a good deal for the course across the street (Briarwood) who benefitted from all the golfers from Otter Creek playing there instead. Briarwood went private in 2010.

I played the old course in the '90s, but don't remember it at all, so I couldn't tell you what is different. I assume it all is!

Not going to be there......Thurs. nite :alien:.. but yeah I'm in for both rounds & staying over Sat. nite...eveyone is usin a cart? not walking, right..dont want to haul my clickgear if I dont hav'ta

People are welcome to walk, but I'm riding and suspect that will be the case for most.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Bulldog! I'll wait another day or so and call the course. I'm still hoping hear from mngolferguy.

I'm still not sure of my travel plans (staying or going on Saturday night).

I know I am riding!

If any other want to join in, just let me know.

Fly-over

Finally watched this video. I don't know what I'll do if I don't have to worry about hitting shots from underneath trees! haha

Finally watched this video. I don't know what I'll do if I don't have to worry about hitting shots from underneath trees! haha

I'm going to jump for joy :)

I've spent awhile checking out this course and I'm really starting to get excited about this!

I've spent awhile checking out this course and I'm really starting to get excited about this!

Part of me wishes I wasnt going to Mississippi for my fall break as this course looks gorgeous

Weren't you going Oct 8th? We changed the date to 10/15.

Weren't you going Oct 8th? We changed the date to 10/15.

Ya when me and Smalls played last week I talked to him and then checked my calendar and realized it is 10/15 that Im going to MS unfortunately.

No worries :)

We need to think of a little fun competition that can span hcps.

No worries :)

We need to think of a little fun competition that can span hcps.

I've never played it, but have heard Wolf is pretty fun. My uncle plays it every Wednesday, but the people he plays with shoot pretty similar scores.

Bingo Bango Bongo?

Can't think of too many other games. I guess i'm not very diverse in the world of golfing game formats.

And I will definitely be riding. I'm way too lazy to walk.

I've never played it, but have heard Wolf is pretty fun. My uncle plays it every Wednesday, but the people he plays with shoot pretty similar scores.

Bingo Bango Bongo?

Can't think of too many other games. I guess i'm not very diverse in the world of golfing game formats.

And I will definitely be riding. I'm way too lazy to walk.

I'm with you brother, these legs get plenty through the work week.

This is going to be a blast boys, counting the days.

Tap,Tap,Tap

We are definitively playing Otter Creek? need to download for GPS.

Back