Central Iowa THP Get-Together

This is less than three weeks out. It still looks good to go for me. Can't wait for this.

Just saw this thread tonight. (opps this morning, its 1am).
Ankeny is a 3 hr drive down from the twin cities. I head there most early spring's when they open a few weeks before us.
If there's room for another, I would enjoy an escape outta town and join in.
Is there a decision on which course.

Hey Small, have you played the new course on the reservation, I think its Firecreek?

i'm a little up in the air at this point because of work. I switch training stores today and not sure if the timing will remain the same on not. I'll find out as soon as possible.

There is absolutely room for another, mng! I believe we are looking at Otter Creek as the course.

I'm still in. Can't wait for this!

And clearly it's been a long time since I drove to the twin cities. 3 hours from Twin Cities to ankeny?? Wow, maybe I have just lost my lead foot after being pulled over and given a written warning for going 72 in a 70.

~Rock

Just saw this thread tonight. (opps this morning, its 1am).
Ankeny is a 3 hr drive down from the twin cities. I head there most early spring's when they open a few weeks before us.
If there's room for another, I would enjoy an escape outta town and join in.
Is there a decision on which course.

Hey Small, have you played the new course on the reservation, I think its Firecreek?
I am in Kansas City, not the Des Moines area. I've never heard of that place!

I'm still in. Can't wait for this!

And clearly it's been a long time since I drove to the twin cities. 3 hours from Twin Cities to ankeny?? Wow, maybe I have just lost my lead foot after being pulled over and given a written warning for going 72 in a 70.

~Rock
Yeah, I thought it was about a 4 hour drive from des moines. A little less from Ankeny, but not by much.

Looking good now. My boss said something could change, but looks ok at this point. My GPS shows just over 2 hrs from Omaha.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I am going to have to bow out on this one, sorry guys. My father in law is retiring and his party is Saturday Oct. 8th. I've been told that not being there is a divorcable offense.

Have fun and get lots of pics!

I am going to have to bow out on this one, sorry guys. My father in law is retiring and his party is Saturday Oct. 8th. I've been told that not being there is a divorcable offense.

Have fun and get lots of pics!

Epic skim Jake but this is happening the 15th.

Yeah, it might be a bit more. I was thinking Ames. We go down there and play TC of Iowa and The Harvester.
To Smallville: I saw your out of KC. My daughter is second year at KU in Lawrence and I saw a billboard for this course. I think its a bit further west and then north of Lawrence. Got a write up in Golf Digest I think as well.
Google found it. Its called Firekeeper.
Know anything about it?
I may drive on down to KU after the Iowa trip and visit my gal and then go play this one and maybe onward to Colbert Hills. Played with some guys in Palm Springs last winter who are directors/ pros of Colbert.

Epic skim Jake but this is happening the 15th.
hahaha.

Yeah, it might be a bit more. I was thinking Ames. We go down there and play TC of Iowa and The Harvester.
To Smallville: I saw your out of KC. My daughter is second year at KU in Lawrence and I saw a billboard for this course. I think its a bit further west and then north of Lawrence. Got a write up in Golf Digest I think as well.
Google found it. Its called Firekeeper.
Know anything about it?
I may drive on down to KU after the Iowa trip and visit my gal and then go play this one and maybe onward to Colbert Hills. Played with some guys in Palm Springs last winter who are directors/ pros of Colbert.
I still hadn't heard of it before and know nothing about it.

So do we have tee times for this yet? A list of people?

no and no

It's hard to imagine this is just over 2 weeks away. Hopefully the weather stays like it is. I can certainly handle golfing in the mid 60's.

Official Date - 10/15/2011

Attendees

Hawk
Jrod
Duey

Bulldog
McRock
DonW
Smallville (most likely afternoon only)
Smallville BIL (most likely afternoon only)

mngolferguy (maybe)

Tell me if you should be added or removed. I'd like to make tee times this week if possible. My plan is to make a morning time and an afternoon time. Probably something like 8-9 and 1-2. Much later and we'll run into the dark. I'd likely stay overnight if many others are, but that's not set it stone. If you can only make one round, let me know.

Last edited:
I'm still in, but I will not be staying over night.

Will you be playing two rounds, Rock?

We might only be playing the afternoon round. He is going to be at work until midnight on Friday as they are implementing a new program that night and he needs to be there in case there are issues. So he's going to have a 16 hour day on Friday. I don't know this for sure, I am just speculating on his behalf!

Doesn't look good for me guys. My wife's b-day is Sunday and we have plans to go out with some friends on Saturday night in honor of that. Not being present would not bode well for me. Have fun, sorry!

Doesn't look good for me guys. My wife's b-day is Sunday and we have plans to go out with some friends on Saturday night in honor of that. Not being present would not bode well for me. Have fun, sorry!

We'll miss you Jake!

We'll miss you Jake!
Thanks buddy, I will definitely miss you guys too. I thought I had a chance to pull it off and just plan on being home early Sunday to celebrate the B-day but her genius friends decided it would be a good idea for us all to go out and celebrate on Saturday. THANKS A LOT!!! Nah, just kidding.

I still have to get down to your stomping grounds and play TPC Deere Run sometime too!

Count me in boys. I should be able to make it there early enough for both tee times Saturday.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Back