Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Welcome! My office is in Monroe Township (near Jamesburg). However, I travel for my job about 75% of the time throughout Middlesex, Somerset, and Hunterdon Counties. My work occasionally takes me into the Old Bridge, South Amboy area. Maybe we can get together sometime to play a round?

Welcome! My office is in Monroe Township (near Jamesburg). However, I travel for my job about 75% of the time throughout Middlesex, Somerset, and Hunterdon Counties. My work occasionally takes me into the Old Bridge, South Amboy area. Maybe we can get together sometime to play a round?

Definitely! I'm actually in Old Bridge.

Welcome. My MIL lives at Rossmoor so I am in that area quite a bit.

I am playing Sunday afternoon if anyone is interested.

I have 2 spots open at Mercer Oaks at 250 on Saturday.

Just got invited to play in an outing at Crystal Springs next Thursday. First time going up there. Excited.

Just got invited to play in an outing at Crystal Springs next Thursday. First time going up there. Excited.
Wait...you guys can drive up here? Wow. Haha have fun. Which course?

No clue - the flyer doesn't specify the course.
Well they have a Crystal Springs course so it may just be that one. I would say they go in order of Ballyowen, Wild Turkey, Crystal Springs, Black Bear, etc

Well they have a Crystal Springs course so it may just be that one. I would say they go in order of Ballyowen, Wild Turkey, Crystal Springs, Black Bear, etc

That makes the most sense.

I've played Ballyowen and Great Gorge up there. Ballyowen is a nice track and Great Gorge was pretty decent. Have fun

Going to stone Harbor for the weekend with the wife. Normally I'm down LBI when I go
Damn I'll be in lbi all week

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I have played Ballyowen, Wild Turkey and black bear. I really like Ballyowen and Wild Turkey. Great tracks and very well run.

I have played Ballyowen, Wild Turkey and black bear. I really like Ballyowen and Wild Turkey. Great tracks and very well run.

Those are my two favorites in the group as well. I've played Crystal a bunch of times in our annual outing, but only been to Black Bear once. I'd like to play Black Bear more and Crystal again now that my game has changed for the better.

Last edited:
Not sure of the current shape but generally it's a very nice course. Have fun!

I hate Crystal with a passion. Any course where on some holes you want to be in the rough because the fairway has so many stupid mounds. No thank you. Or the first where you have to carry the s*&^ but the green is only like 8 yards deep.

I hate Crystal with a passion. Any course where on some holes you want to be in the rough because the fairway has so many stupid mounds. No thank you. Or the first where you have to carry the s*&^ but the green is only like 8 yards deep.

You think it's bad now? You should have played it when it opened. They severely toned down the mounds in the fairway. Before they built the current clubhouse the course started on what is now the second hole. The first was the 18th. Well the first time I played there I ripped a drive long and straight. I get to my ball in the middle of the fairway and the ball was on the side of a mound. It was literally at my chin height. Nice reward for a great drive.

They got a ton of complaints and toned it down. Not too many severe mounds in the fairway anymore. Still plenty in the rough. Hit it straight Joe and you'll be fine.

There's a spot open at 7:18 tomorrow morning at Shannondell for $27 if anyone wants to join me.

Back