Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Wear shorts

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Move out of a divot

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Other…..explain

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
I voted other. My 1st rule would be to enforce pace of play. They need to start giving stroke penalties and stop putting groups on the clock.
Next would be make drop zones around all stands/temporary objects. No need for a rules official, just go to the drop zone.

No preferred lie, period.
Lol

I voted shorts, but I have another Tour "rule" that should be implemented that would speed up play as well. There are 18 holes. Why aren't there at least 18 rules officials on the course? A player shouldn't have to wait more than 30 seconds for an official to be there for a ruling. You have this influx of money, so use it.

If you listen to the player/caddy interchange, they already know the yardage/carry. Move the ball out of a divot in the fairway.
The caddies do not have the specific yardages already. Lol. The caddies still have to pace off to calculate all the yardages. The caddies/players have mapped out the courses in practice rounds to get specific yardages to objects and different places to make it easier to calculate yardages, but still have to calculate yardages on every shot.

I originally voted allow to pull out of divots but would luv if they would enforce slow play, it is so painful at times.

Other: reduce the maximum number of clubs in the bag to 8. That is 7 full swing clubs and a putter. Bigger gaps = more shot making.

Other: reduce the maximum number of clubs in the bag to 8. That is 7 full swing clubs and a putter. Bigger gaps = more shot making.
That would have to apply to all golfers, not just professionals. Nobody wants bifurcation.

That would have to apply to all golfers, not just professionals. Nobody wants bifurcation.
Nobody in charge. Many regular people are all for it.

Cool let’s do it for everyone. A long time ago I learned to play with a starter set that was just odd numbered clubs, 2 wedges and a putter. So that was 9 clubs. Going to 8 clubs wouldn’t be that difficult.

I’m in a giving mood so in the name of not having bifurcation let’s go to 9 clubs for everyone.

I would go the other direction. Dump the 14 club rule take as many as you want.

The caddies do not have the specific yardages already. Lol. The caddies still have to pace off to calculate all the yardages. The caddies/players have mapped out the courses in practice rounds to get specific yardages to objects and different places to make it easier to calculate yardages, but still have to calculate yardages on every shot.
Really? I distinctly remember a discussion with player and caddy where the player was being told it was 182 to carry. Sounds like they have the yardages to me. Yes it is done prior to competition but they have the yardages.

Really? I distinctly remember a discussion with player and caddy where the player was being told it was 182 to carry. Sounds like they have the yardages to me. Yes it is done prior to competition but they have the yardages.

Yes, obviously they have yardages. How does anyone play golf without yardages? 😂 However, the yardages they have are only the yardages that were calculated from pacing off yardages from markers or objects. Rangefinders are more accurate and faster than pacing off yardages. It is funny to me that you really think I was saying that they don't have yardages. 😂

Yes, obviously they have yardages. How does anyone play golf without yardages? 😂 However, the yardages they have are only the yardages that were calculated from pacing off yardages from markers or objects. Rangefinders are more accurate and faster than pacing off yardages. It is funny to me that you really think I was saying that they don't have yardages. 😂
"The caddies do not have the specific yardages already." Sorry I took you literally for what you said. Won't make that mistake again. 😎

Will never understand divot choice. Lifes not fair neither is golf, hit the ball

I've always thought that rule where the golfer get a free drop when their ball is near a grand stand was kind of "iffy" at best.

I kno the reasoning, that the structure is not normally there. I get that. What I don't get is the fact it's always there when they play a PGA tournament there.

I don’t get how “slow play” for a professional event is even an issue. If there is 3 hours of coverage, there’s going to be 3 hours of golf.
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Just changed my vote to Wear Shorts. Watching Live from the Players, the coverage is showing players on the practice tees, and out on the course, wearing shorts. And guess what? There are fans on the course and range that paid money to be there. If shorts are unprofessional during then tourneys, then why are they OK for other fan interactions?

Last edited:
Just changed my cote to Wear Shorts. Watching Live from the Players, the coverage is showing players on the practice tees, and out on the course, wearing shorts. And guess what? There are fans on the course and range that paid money to be there. If shorts are unprofessional during then tourneys, then why are they OK for other fan interactions?
2 stroke penalty for injecting logic into the discussion.

2 stroke penalty for injecting logic into the discussion.
Wait what? Before any penalty is accessed we need an explanation or his side of the story from @MGoBlue on why he “Just changed my Cote to wear shorts”.

I mean, how thick of winter cote is acceptable to wear with shorts, and where is the logic in that golf outfit :ROFLMAO:

Wait what? Before any penalty is accessed we need an explanation or his side of the story from @MGoBlue on why he “Just changed my Cote to wear shorts”.

I mean, how thick of winter cote is acceptable to wear with shorts, and where is the logic in that golf outfit :ROFLMAO:
Explanation is (again) fat thumbs small keys.

Back