• Wear shorts

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Move out of a divot

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Other…..explain

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
4:30 rounds

USGA would need to change the divot rule.

Divot rule by a mile! Oh you hit a perfect shot? Enjoy your penalizing lie!

I think they should allow shorts, it's easier to hit from a divot if you are comfy. Shorts, tucked shirt and belt

Shorts. More specifically, allow events to dictate shorts allowed or not. It’s so stupid it isn’t already a thing.

You own your own social media content on tour stops.

Last edited:
USGA would need to change the divot rule.
I do believe the spirit of the change is that the USGA/R&A would just allow it

Start enforcing slow play just like the LIV Tour just did did to Meronk last week when the one stroke penalty cost him over $240k. 2 minutes is waaaaay to long to take a shot.

Slow play penalties enforced and stout. Want strokes and $$$ to come into play, most egregious one that comes to mind is when Kuchar was in the fairway on his knees due to pain waiting on Spieth to slow play a ruling and hit a ball for a Open Championship.

I picked rangefinder. The other major sports have allowed technology to come in and speed things up and overall improve the game. Helmet mics and tablets on the sidelines in football, catcher pitch call and real time data apps during baseball games….just allow range finders

Shorts. More specifically, allow events to dictate shorts allowed or not. It’s so stupid it isn’t already a thing.
This..

I picked rangefinder. The other major sports have allowed technology to come in and speed things up and overall improve the game. Helmet mics and tablets on the sidelines in football, catcher pitch call and real time data apps during baseball games….just allow range finders

It would probably speed things up a bit. Shorts don’t improve anything and the divot thing happens how often?

Shot clock with enforcement.

It would probably speed things up a bit. Shorts don’t improve anything and the divot thing happens how often?
Even if the divot thing happens just once, it’s still dumb. It should be considered ground under repair but I think the pace of play is a bigger issue

I am changing the divot rule.
I don't care about pants or range finders. These are Pro's and I think it looks better when they wear pants anyways.

Shotgun starts: who can really sit there and follow golf for 8+ hours without it interfering with other life obligations? Not to mention playing in the same weather conditions.

I don't think rangefinders would speed things up as they and their caddies would still be looking at yardage books as they want precise yardages to specific features, not just the pin.

Golf is played outdoors. Want a perfect lie in the fairway? Just go play sim golf. Golf is as much a test of character as it is skill in how one reacts to adversity or success, as well as personal integrity.

Shorts? Meh

I have to agree with others, strict enforcement of slow play would be my choice.

Not letting them wear shorts in the middle of summer is dumb.

Modern fabrics are simply amazing. They should call them “leg shades” instead of pants.

All the tech. It’s all about the tech.

My vote was to allow rangefinders.
Shorts at a tournament are too casual, unprofessional.
It is impossible to accurately define or identify an aged divot, so no way to write a Rule allowing relief from divots, and playing from a divot lie is a traditional part of the game.
The above are the 3 of the OP's list.
The PGA Tour Rule I would like to see changed is not a Rule but a policy change. For years now whenever there is a little bit of rain the PGA Tour policy has been to allow lift-clean-place. This is disgraceful because the Rules of Golf always do allow for relief from casual water and embedded balls.

The one rule that bothers me is that when players need a drop and measure 1 or 2 club lengths, they can choose any club to measure. Obviously its the driver, since its the longest. But my rule change is you have to use the club that you intend to swing for the measuring.

It just bothers me that they measure with drivers and then pull out a wedge.

My vote was to allow rangefinders.
Shorts at a tournament are too casual, unprofessional.
It is impossible to accurately define or identify an aged divot, so no way to write a Rule allowing relief from divots, and playing from a divot lie is a traditional part of the game.
The above are the 3 of the OP's list.
The PGA Tour Rule I would like to see changed is not a Rule but a policy change. For years now whenever there is a little bit of rain the PGA Tour policy has been to allow lift-clean-place. This is disgraceful because the Rules of Golf always do allow for relief from casual water and embedded balls.
Will you be advocating for the ladies tour to enforce full length clothing as well, or no?

Revoke LIV suspensions

Back