Yup, last night I scored a new Mizuno stand bag on Ebay for $75. When it arrives, there will be a new Facebook pic.
Im not really a fan of hybrids, but Id love to hit a MX-700. Ive only tried the iron-like MP Fli-hi hybrids, Ive never tried the wood-like CLKs or MX-700.

I've never been a big hybrid guy (mine go in and out of my bag) but for the MX line these set-up very square and had a super hot face. I liked it best out of all the hybrids I demoed yesterday.

My game is in the toilet because of winter. At least you guys have actually been able to play.
The weather is starting to break though (temps in the high 40s and low 50s for the next week), so hopefully I can get out there and start working on my game before long.

Yeah I've been able to get out and wasn't too disappointed.did some things good other thing sucked.You know the way it is.
I know cabin fever sucks Bake but it will be that much better when you do get out.Just getting out counts for something despite any score.
I've been playing in 30 degree weather.But when it get's nice down here everyone and his brother is out on the course.

I've never been a big hybrid guy (mine go in and out of my bag) but for the MX line these set-up very square and had a super hot face. I liked it best out of all the hybrids I demoed yesterday.

We were not huge fans of the MX-700 hybirds. They were middle of the road for us. Tested on our own time not for review or from Mizuno. Different strokes for different folks. I would not compare them to the Nickent line or a few others. But that is just our opinion. (the 5 testers)

We were not huge fans of the MX-700 hybirds. They were middle of the road for us. Tested on our own time not for review or from Mizuno. Different strokes for different folks. I would not compare them to the Nickent line or a few others. But that is just our opinion. (the 5 testers)

To be fair I have still not hit the 5DX JB.

Yeah I've been able to get out and wasn't too disappointed.did some things good other thing sucked.You know the way it is.
I know cabin fever sucks Bake but it will be that much better when you do get out.Just getting out counts for something despite any score.
I've been playing in 30 degree weather.But when it get's nice down here everyone and his brother is out on the course.
Id play in 30 degree weather if the courses were open, but they typically are closed from the first snowfall (usually late November) to whenever the snow melts and the grass comes out of dormancy in April.
Ive managed to go to the range a few times and have been practicing putting and chipping on my living room floor; but Im ready to start playing again. Practice is great, but it gets old after a while.
Im very, very, very, very, very much looking foreward to talking the things I worked on this winter and putting them to use on the course and Im just looking foreward to playing golf again.
Ive also been a winter kinda guy (snowmobiling, cross-country skiing), so March has always been kind of a sad time of year for me, but this year, man am I looking foreward to spring!!! :clapp:

I think Im more of a long iron kinda guy. Im thinking about adding a 2-iron back to my bag.

Congrats on 900 Bake. For me, I go with whatever makes my scores lower. Hybrids clearly did that.

for me it is simply realising what i had wasnt working as well as it should.

1) ClevelandXLS 11.5 - Flex & k-point was wrong....launched a little high with too much spin.
2) Nike sumo 5000 9.5 - Had the distant, but didnt feel right, and acuracy seemed a little lost. Launched too low also and on wet ground distance was significantly lost
3) Cleveland XLS 9.5 - Had liked how the xls felt previously but needed different specs. This one also launched too low with too much spin. Distance lost over the nike, but dispersion seemed a little tighter.
4) Nicket evolver 10.5 - Hopefully the solution. Yet to get it on a launch moniter, but from flight paterns etc... it seems correct. Will tinker with the shafts to find an ideal

Just waiting for some shafts to arive. Then i shall go on the moniter........i shall post the results online for you all to look at!!!

Well, I have a new driver on the way.
My only reason for upgrading is because I finally got fitted and got something that 'should' fit my current game a bit better.

What did you get bread?

I think I had to update the driver this year. I got 4 years out of my R7, and it was just getting so beat. I hit the thing so great. I love my new Cobra, but every once in a while ill visit my R7 late at night, when I know the Cobra is sleeping.

Gas you are so lucky, I love Cobra clubs, I wish I had an L5V or L4V but they are still pretty expensive.

Ive got one of the new Launchers on the way. I had it down between that and a Nickent 4dx evolver.
Hopefully I wont be disappointed as I love the Nickents I have in my bag(im a big fan of there great equipment) but I liked the feel and address of the Launcher.

We will be reviewing the Launcher shortly. We really liked the Monster from Cleveland this year.

I just got a new Ping G10 after hitting most of the new $300 models in the simulators.

I hit the ball real high (do to a swing flaw I'm sure), so they actually fitted me to a 73 gram, 45" ProLaunch Red shaft instead of the stock weight and 45 3/4 length. I just got it in the mail yesterday from Ping WRX so we'll see how it goes.

Here were some of my other quick opinions on the others I hit:
1) Cobra S9-1 - Real nice looking club, great solid sound, no where near as closed faced as the previous models of theirs I've tried.
2) Cleveland Launcher - Nice traditional head, straight flight but launches too high for me.
3) Nike Dymo - Sound is better than previous gens, but still louder than most others. Probably longest of the ones I hit.

I just love the very traditional head of the G10, and it was as long as any of the others. I'm hoping the heavier shaft will help lower my launch angle to get a better trajectory.

I had been forever in search of a driver that I could actually hit! So I have gone through quite a few. The one I am using now I can finally hit, definitely not because it's a big name club (it isn't!) but because I finally went with a loft that I could hit.

I just got a new Ping G10 after hitting most of the new $300 models in the simulators.

I hit the ball real high (do to a swing flaw I'm sure), so they actually fitted me to a 73 gram, 45" ProLaunch Red shaft instead of the stock weight and 45 3/4 length. I just got it in the mail yesterday from Ping WRX so we'll see how it goes.

That should be an excellent fit for you. The ProLaunch Red is a low flight shaft and the G10 is an awesome head. The only thing keeping me from getting the G10 is that hit keep hitting my current driver well. The minute it fails me, I'm grabbing a G10. I've already got the 3W and love it.

And like you, I will opt for a 45" shaft.

I was going to get a Dymo but I was basically given a Monster on Sunday (which was my second or third choice anyway) so I will use that for a while, I just need to figure out what shaft to put in it, the 50gram fit-on-gold is no bueno for my swing.

I was going to get a Dymo but I was basically given a Monster on Sunday (which was my second or third choice anyway) so I will use that for a while, I just need to figure out what shaft to put in it, the 50gram fit-on-gold is no bueno for my swing.

Given? As in Free? How did you manage that?

Given? As in Free? How did you manage that?

Bad choice of verbs probably, lol. I have a friend who works for Cleveland and I was in Huntington Beach this weekend and he gave me his for what he payed for it.

Bad choice of verbs probably, lol. I have a friend who works for Cleveland and I was in Huntington Beach this weekend and he gave me his for what he payed for it.

Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :angry:

Gas you are so lucky, I love Cobra clubs, I wish I had an L5V or L4V but they are still pretty expensive.
This is my first Cobra club Dent and im impressed. I always stayed away because of the sound, but now I could care less.

I picked up a used L4V for $90 at golf galaxy a couple of weeks ago. I had never used a Cobra driver before but I really like this one, except for the sound.

I picked up a used L4V for $90 at golf galaxy a couple of weeks ago. I had never used a Cobra driver before but I really like this one, except for the sound.

You got a very good deal. Most used still go for around $200.

What leads most to change drivers? The allure of new equipment promising longer and straighter driver. Or is the let down after the honeymoon period of your current driver.

Which one has it been for you?

For me it was the allure of new equipment promising longer and straighter drives. I got a new driver last year thinking I could hit the ball longer and straighter than what I do now. After a couple of rounds, I realized that I wasn't. Quite frankly I was losing distance. Most of this was a shaft issue, but I then realized after going back to my old 983-E, that I wasn't going to hit the ball any better. I hit the ball a ton anyway, so it will take a great club to get me to switch again. I found someone who wanted the driver I bought, so I got rid of it and went back to the old one. I will stick with it until I can find something that I can hit longer and straighter. At this point I don't even look at drivers anymore.

Back