Charlotte the Stingray

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Have you been following this story? There’s a small aquarium in Hendersonville, NC that is home to a stingray that is pregnant. This usually isn’t big news, but in this case, this is special because Charlotte hasn’t been around a male stingray in almost a decade. Two theories are this is a type of very rare birth called parthenogenesis, a type of “virgin birth” or she has cross-mated with a male shark in her tank.

Male shark and female stingray found drinks at a work function. Tale as old as time.
That's how Aqua Man was conceived, right?

They didn't name it a shark for nothing.

Male shark and female stingray found drinks at a work function. Tale as old as time.
So…. Do you come to this sandbar often?

Pretty cool story. Curious to see what happens with that

Pretty cool story. Curious to see what happens with that
Look GIF by The Maury Show

GIF by Face The Truth

Unfortunately, the image of the second scenario just crossed my mind. Now I cannot unsee it.

I'll be interested to see what pops out. :unsure: But this can occur in many parts of the animal kingdom ... invertebrates, vertebrates, some fish, birds, etc.

"Life finds a way."

I'll be interested to see what pops out. :unsure: But this can occur in many parts of the animal kingdom ... invertebrates, vertebrates, some fish, birds, etc.

"Life finds a way."
This. Funny was just reading about this type animal pregancy.

There is nothing like loose cougar stingrays.

"Life finds a way."
Movie GIF

I am waiting for @JB to pop in here with a Wilmywood finger cuff comment :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1709060741136.gif

There's an octopus joke here somewhere.

Back