Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Sorry for the delayed response. Busy holiday weekend. So close, but so far away! Maybe next time.

@formula8 I know you said you were checking in. Are you free?
I can't do Saturday but could be available Sunday. What do you have in mind?

Sorry for the delayed response. Busy holiday weekend. So close, but so far away! Maybe next time.

@formula8 I know you said you were checking in. Are you free?
I'm bummed but the wife already overscheduled me for that weekend so doubt I'll get any golf in. Let me know about other weekends though, just on vacation June 17/18 & June 24/25 but should be able to make something work after then.

Alright! That makes my day! That’s two.Who else???
Where did you guys play? I need to live vicariously through your round since I wasn't able to play this weekend! :ROFLMAO:

Where did you guys play? I need to live vicariously through your round since I wasn't able to play this weekend! :ROFLMAO:

We never did. Real life got in the way. Got a speedy nine holes in yesterday afternoon :confused:

We never did. Real life got in the way. Got a speedy nine holes in yesterday afternoon :confused:
Well let me know if anything in July would work. Really only have July 23 busy for the weekends so far.

Well let me know if anything in July would work. Really only have July 23 busy for the weekends so far.

I will for sure. Our baseball and softball schedules end mid-July, unless my daughter goes to state. Worst case, late July things free up quite a bit for me.

Ok I am watching this for July let’s get this done folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone in the Tomah area?

we're going to be there July 7th thru August 18th and would like to meet a THPer for a round or two

I have 1 spot open both on July 1st at Highlands of Elgin and July 3rd at Bridges of Popular Creek if anyone is interested.
9AM Tee Time.

I have 1 spot open both on July 1st at Highlands of Elgin and July 3rd at Bridges of Popular Creek if anyone is interested.
9AM Tee Time.

Love the Highlands. I appreciate you posting this, but will be camping over the weekend and then drinking at a lake house next week.

Love to join you Mark but have family in town next few weeks which cuts into golf :( Good luck filling that spot! Played Bridges before but need to get to Highlands.

If anyone is looking for a hidden gem of a course to play in Northwest Indiana, check out Sandy Pines, in DeMotte. Immaculate condition, reasonable rates (especially for seniors), gps in every cart and an interesting and challenging layout. (The course is in much better shape today than when the video was shot)

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a hidden gem of a course to play in Northwest Indiana, check out Sandy Pines, in DeMotte. Immaculate condition, reasonable rates (especially for seniors), gps in every cart and an interesting and challenging layout.

Kouts! My wife is from Valpo and we are up there more often than I'd like to be :ROFLMAO: Sandy Pines looks great. I went to a wedding there, but couldn't play.

Hope all are safe and undamaged from the Tornados last night. We had the sirens go off and Funnel Clouds around Yorkville and one touch down but looks like it was more severe further east towards the city.

I'll be in the Chicago area September 21-25 for work and will have a down day on Sunday, the 25th. I'm thinking of bringing my clubs and would love to get a round in with some THPers if possible. I'm staying somewhere around Downers Grove and will be willing to drive an hour or so if necessary.

If your ok with an early morning tee time around 8 am I could do that. Let me know if that works for you. Lot of courses out that way.

If your ok with an early morning tee time around 8 am I could do that. Let me know if that works for you. Lot of courses out that way.
Absolutely. Let me know what you have in mind.

Absolutely. Let me know what you have in mind.
On my way to my golf league now. I’ll look into some places when I get home and let you know.

I haven't played much golf this year... But this course always kicks me when I'm down. 🤣 If I was a member, I'd either get better quickly or quit. 👀 I'm gonna fish the next 4 days to recover..Screenshot_20230831-082238_Chrome.jpg

On Sept 24 (Sunday) myself and @Dartgod are playing Willow Crest in Oakbrook. Any other Chicago area Thpers interested in a 8 am tee time with us? Tee times should be released in a week or so. Let me know if your interested!

On Sept 24 (Sunday) myself and @Dartgod are playing Willow Crest in Oakbrook. Any other Chicago area Thpers interested in a 8 am tee time with us? Tee times should be released in a week or so. Let me know if your interested!
For anyone on the fence, 2 of the 3 THPers I have golfed with while on a work trip the last few years have had their ticket punched for the Grandaddy afterwards.

Just saying.

would love to join you guys but my boys are coming in for the weekend and mama would kill me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Highlands yesterday. They will be closing on Wednesday for the year

Played Highlands yesterday. They will be closing on Wednesday for the year
I really need to make it a priority to go play there next year.

Back