Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I really need to make it a priority to go play there next year.
I have 2 Permanent tee times there on Saturday morning.
Anyone is interested in playing Highlands of Elgin in 2024 should hit me up.

Anyone looking at picking up the Golf Visions Pass this year? They just announced the courses and usually have a Black Friday deal at 50% off.

I think I’m going to grab it again as they’ve updated some of the choice rounds so I have a bit more closer to me out west. If anyone else grabs it I’d love to schedule some of the northern rounds.

Looks interesting. How much is it usually?

Normal Cost is $399 plus cart fees totaling $140 if you play all the courses. With the $199 Black Friday deal and the cart fees at those locations the total would be $199+$140 = $339/16 rounds = $21.19 a round average then $35 for Foxford Hills. It does have Black Out dats of the major Holiday weekends (Memorial Day/Fathers Day/Fouth of July/Labor Day) and can play anytime during the week or after 1pm on the weekends.

• EIGHT CHICAGOLAND ROUNDS. Eight (8) 18-hole rounds (golf & cart) in Chicagoland. Play each round at a different GolfVisions course in the Chicagoland area: Broken Arrow GC, Chapel Hill GC, Hughes Creek GC, Midlane CC, Mill Creek GC, Oak Grove GC, Tanna Farms GC, Village Green GC.
  • FOUR CHICAGOLAND GREENS FEES. Four (4) 18-hole greens fees (cart fee required $20) in Chicagoland. Redeem each greens fee at a different GolfVisions course in the greater Chicagoland area: Bittersweet GC, Bonnie Brook GC, Lake Bluff GC, Settler’s Hill GC.
  • THREE CHICAGOLAND “PLAYER’S CHOICE” GREENS FEES. Three (3) 18-hole greens fees are “player’s choice” each featuring a selection of four geographically distributed courses.
  • ONE BONUS “PLAYER’S CHOICE” GREENS FEE. This 18-hole greens fee is a “player’s choice” from 12 participating GolfVisions courses!
  • ONE DISCOUNTED ROUND. One (1) 18-hole round (golf & cart) for $35 at Foxford Hills GC.

Picked up my pass this morning, let me know if anyone else does.

I have 2 Permanent tee times there on Saturday morning.
Anyone is interested in playing Highlands of Elgin in 2024 should hit me up.
I will hopefully take you up on that. Really like that golf course.

I'm also very interested. Love that course. Only played it once this year.
Ok - Next year, I'll post when I have openings.
FYI: Our Tee times start at 9am and the rate is $75.00 with a cart.

I will hopefully take you up on that. Really like that golf course.
We also need to get a trip over to Fyre Lake planned for 2024.

We also need to get a trip over to Fyre Lake planned for 2024.
Please do! I'd love to say come over any time, but I'm just insanely tied up spring and early summer. Late summer and fall seems to be best. I didn't renew my membership this year because I didn't get enough rounds in to make it worth the money. Going to miss it.

PSA: I got two letters yesterday from two different golf courses yesterday.
Golf Round Rates are up over 10% for 2024.

Ouch! Yet they keep filling the sheets. Another reason I went with that GolfVisions book again, yes I have to travel but seems to be easier to get rounds in, plus I'm at a set cost. Also means I usually don't get to the nicer courses as they price themselves out for me.

Which two courses? I already try to minimize my weekend golf and general play at certain courses because of cost.

Which two courses? I already try to minimize my weekend golf and general play at certain courses because of cost.
Highlands of Elgin & The Arboretum Club.
Weekends with cart until Noon - $84/$87 per round - both were $75.00 last year.
It's only January - You'll see more rates going higher as we get closer to the season

Highlands of Elgin & The Arboretum Club.
Weekends with cart until Noon - $84/$87 per round - both were $75.00 last year.
It's only January - You'll see more rates going higher as we get closer to the season
I love Highlands but 87 for Arboretum is a joke. Not a bad course at all, just not special enough for that price. I'd rather pay a bit more and play Makray, Stonewall or a few others around that $100 mark. Who am I kidding....I'll just play Palatine Hills on a weekday for $36 walking.

I love Highlands but 87 for Arboretum is a joke. Not a bad course at all, just not special enough for that price. I'd rather pay a bit more and play Makray, Stonewall or a few others around that $100 mark. Who am I kidding....I'll just play Palatine Hills on a weekday for $36 walking.
Talking Episode 7 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Oh, The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison?
$90 to $105

Lovely! Play there 4x a year in our league. Maple Meadows went up as well. Golf going to be expensive this year 😕

Oh, The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison?
$90 to $105
They moved their rates to 105? Ouch. It's a really good course but I already only play it 1-2x a year because of price. $100+ is out of my price range for casual golf. That's reserved for trips or special occasions.

Makes me glad I’m retired and can play during the week and get senior rates.

30 days out from the Chicago Flea Market....... I mean Chicago Golf Show

Anyone going? I'll be heading there on Sunday the 25th with some buddies to have a couple beverages and scope out some deals before hitting up Top Golf in Naperville on the way home.

30 days out from the Chicago Flea Market....... I mean Chicago Golf Show

Anyone going? I'll be heading there on Sunday the 25th with some buddies to have a couple beverages and scope out some deals before hitting up Top Golf in Naperville on the way home.
I haven’t decided yet but probably will on the Friday if I go. I usually find one or two things that make it worth the trip.

Usually go the first day. Looking forward to it.

This tease of Spring is getting pretty annoying.

This tease of Spring is getting pretty annoying.
Tell me about it. It looks like it’s back to indoor golf this week and maybe next.

Played The Brute in the insane wind and cold Saturday. It was definitely Brutal. AND cart path only. Can't believe I forgot my cart cover.

Back