Still not a chutter.... But I'm glad it works for some folks

Maybe I'll give it a chance this year since my putter is fixed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have to see this chutting in person in Orlando never seen someone do that from the rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to see this chutting in person in Orlando never seen someone do that from the rough.

makes me think of good will hunting in that therapist's office

I have seen it from a bunker lol

I have used my putter out of a bunker a couple times but it’s still not a chutt.

916f865d30a2a10bf7f1e9e63058ea16.jpg

I have two people I play with regularly who pull putter out of the bunker if the lip is low. Did not know that was also chutting. I will let them know.

I starting chutting about 6-7 years ago when a friend I play with showed me the Texas wedge aka "Chutting". I still chutt regularily depending on lie, length into rough, distance to hole and slope. I find it very effective on a downhill slope with lots of speed once ball reaches green, once you practice enough it can be a useful tool, especially if chipping has taken a hiatus.

I would say probably 6 other guys I golf with regularily now deploy Chutting because with practice it is very effective, nothing worse than a green side chunk with a dainty wedge shot. If you can't putt, I say Chutt!

On my home course, the hard pan can get pretty tight. I've bladed enough wedges to make me a regular chutter.

video up to almost 1800 views

I have done it from a bunker! Drives Jman crazy!

I have done it from a bunker! Drives Jman crazy!

Good to know if I ever get paired with him I might just have too try and make him crazy lol

Had a buddy chutt out of a bunker to 6 ft. after I chipped out to 10. As packed as the sand was, I’d consider it a chutt. For the record, I did tell him he should be ashamed of himself for chutting from a bunker.

My buddy was 20 yds off the green yesterday and said he was going to Chutt. I told him I think from that far out it should be called a Putch!

Zero chance of chutting out of any greenside bunker at my home course. I do often chutt with my 4 wood on a couple par 5’s at my course where I can bail out just next to the green in two shots and chutt for an easy birdie.

This word needs to be better utilized.
I use it all the time. But apparently when I use it to describe my arm locked 8i from the fringe I'm using it wrong.

Have absolutely putted out of a bunker that would allow it. Had no idea it was called chutting :LOL:

Again, love the rebirth of old thread. I'll do anything at this point to get the ball closer to the hole and avoid a chunk/blade mishit, let alone whiff... early in rounds my arms are so tight they just won't let me swing a wedge with any sort of accuracy/rhythm. I even put my wife's old Niblick in my bag. The big flat sole and extra weight worked pretty well a couple times. After 4 or 5 holes I get loose enough and things kinda work out.

Oh man this is a THP throwback. We need to teach the newer guard about this most excellent term...although Dan probably still regrets this thread. :LOL:

As for myself I don't do it frequently out of the rough, but I do it pretty frequently from the fariway when there's a lot of room to roll out. If I do it from the rough it's usually those scary short sided downhillers where anything but a PERFECTLY clipped spin wedge will roll out for miles, so the safest play is to try and just leak it out with a putter.

#MakeChuttingGreatAgain

Wait, there's a word for this?

Back