Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Nice review and that is a good looking wedge.

Not buying anything golf related due to the GD, but you’d better believe these would be instant buy if I wasn’t. Will be following along and I’m sure will be adding to the bag set some point. OG CBx was a game changer .

I’m hoping Callaway comes out with something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not buying anything golf related due to the GD, but you’d better believe these would be instant buy if I wasn’t. Will be following along and I’m sure will be adding to the bag set some point. OG CBx was a game changer .

I mean....you technically could. You have over 4 months, less than that with your weather probably.

Same offset as the original CBX? I bought mine 2 degrees strong and bent them weak to lessen offset. Interested in the new grinds as I was one who player those tricky shots better with the RTX3.

I do like the looks of the back of the club compared to the original. Definitely on the must try list, however, it's hard to replace something you are not having any issues with especially with an upgraded shaft.

I snapped these last week when I first saw them in person. I know jman will have some killer photos to add soon.

f373ece6972fc56b52adfa64a4a4c7f3.jpg

c96baa31b3ee1e08377b6fbec7c409c3.jpg

dc57c2821d08b3aeda075ea997a6cb38.jpg

3063dd5147320fa50c2b02b34a38bed0.jpg

33f9effabfc4eca90bf27bf7a8e2b465.jpg

CBX 1.0 were some of the best clubs I ever purchased. Awesome to see they are rolling out new ones.

Is the sole slightly smaller on the new version compared to the old one?

Is the sole slightly smaller on the new version compared to the old one?

I thought they looked a bit sleeker and they provided a bit more versatility. That said, I had ZERO issues with the first version in that department. I know many discarded them because they thought the sole would not offer much.

I thought they looked a bit sleeker and they provided a bit more versatility. That said, I had ZERO issues with the first version in that department. I know many discarded them because they thought the sole would not offer much.

Nice, the pics make it look a touch smaller. I like that change. Im excited to try them out.

That toe milling is awesome looking.

I’ll try to get some fancy pics today or tomorrow for everyone as I’ll be working with the 52 for review!

Is there any chance you can do a quick comparison with the new Ping Glide 3.0?

Last summer I messed around with the Glide 2.0 and the CBX. The CBX was significantly bigger, more offset, chunkier, etc... I wonder if that gap has now closed because looking at the new Glide 3.0 it looks like ping has made the cavity on the back deeper and they've added a bit more offset too.

Might be a great comparison for those of us looking for a little more forgiveness in our wedges.

These look really nice. I liked the last version but this is definitely an improvement looks-wise over that.

These look really nice. I liked the last version but this is definitely an improvement looks-wise over that.

Its kind of crazy, but at setup you can really not even tell it’s not a traditional wedge.

Its kind of crazy, but at setup you can really not even tell it’s not a traditional wedge.

That's about perfect, then. I got my wife a 56 degree wedge, and it's amazing how much better she is with it around the green than she was with the more traditional wedge she had before. Even with the previous one, it didn't look all that different from the MD3 I was playing a while back, with the slightly larger blade size.

I gamed them for most of the year (2018). My issue with them was chipping/pitching around the green on those firm, tight lies. I like to use something like a 52/54 for those 15-40 yard pitch and runs around the green (I've never been a 7-8 iron bump and run kinda guy). In the summer when things got baked out I felt like the sole was a bit too chunky, that the effective bounce was a little too much for the finesse I was looking for.

Nice to see these make an official appearance. I was a fan of the originals last year. I think I'd prefer them in the lower lofted wedge spots. 48° or 50°. Good looking design and more hot spot sounds fun.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

It's really cool seeing the technology that has been put in to wedges the last few years. I'm not sure I would use it for my highest lofted wedge but it seems like it would be a great option for that gap wedge area.

This is where I will be going. I really liked the first CBX in the GW spot in my bag. The CBX 2 will be making an appearance there as well, in the 50 degree spot.

I like what I'm seeing here with these. I'm still hitting my Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges, and my 50* is the cavity back version of that model because I use it so much for full swings, and wanted the added forgiveness (56* and 60* are blades). The CBX-2 sounds like a very likely replacement for that 50*, going to have to take a close look when they hit the stores in the next month or so.

Is there any chance you can do a quick comparison with the new Ping Glide 3.0?

Last summer I messed around with the Glide 2.0 and the CBX. The CBX was significantly bigger, more offset, chunkier, etc... I wonder if that gap has now closed because looking at the new Glide 3.0 it looks like ping has made the cavity on the back deeper and they've added a bit more offset too.

Might be a great comparison for those of us looking for a little more forgiveness in our wedges.

If you’ll buy me a Glide 3.0, sure!

I kid! I kid!

I won’t be able to make that comparison for now without the 3.0’s in hand, eventually though I may be able to find one in the wild to compare.

That said, even though they have a sliiiiiight cavity, the Glide and the CBX are not the same type of design, those are much more comparable to the RTX4 still.

This is where I will be going. I really liked the first CBX in the GW spot in my bag. The CBX 2 will be making an appearance there as well, in the 50 degree spot.

Pretty sure this is the direction I'm heading as well. Just makes sense to me.

I'm glad they are continuing with this line, and I really thought more companies would copy this concept after the first iteration was released.

The toe milling is sweet.

That's about perfect, then. I got my wife a 56 degree wedge, and it's amazing how much better she is with it around the green than she was with the more traditional wedge she had before. Even with the previous one, it didn't look all that different from the MD3 I was playing a while back, with the slightly larger blade size.

Ooooh, I need to do this too. My wife has no clue what chipping around the greens even is but a CBX wedge may need to sneak into her bag soon. LOL

I love the CBX and have 50 52 54 and 60 but I must be missing something about the CBX2’s as I’m feeling underwhelmed. Perhaps when I see them in person I will change my mind

I love the CBX and have 50 52 54 and 60 but I must be missing something about the CBX2’s as I’m feeling underwhelmed. Perhaps when I see them in person I will change my mind

I love my CBX 1.0 too and therefore am glad CBX 2.0 doesn't represent a drastic change. IMO a toe biased wedge like 2.0 is a huge deal for golfers like me. I'm also fully onboard with the greenside versatility the extra sole grinds will provide, the groove upgrade, and likely the feel upgrade (although I'll have to compare that in hand). CBX 1.0 are awesome, made a huge difference in my short game, but Cleveland did more than enough with this new release to get serious upgrade consideration from me.

My original CBX are not leaving bag for a long time. No need to even try the new ones.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back