Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

I still love my 54. I hit shots that I cant with any other wedge I've owned.

The more i hit these the more i absolutely love them. I just cannot say enough good things about how they feel. I have not even played a round with them yet lol

Really loving the 48, easy to hit and accurate what more could you want from a wedge.

Looking at replacing my 54 ping with a cbx 2. Hoping you guys can give me some insight.

I currently use the ping 54 for 100 yards to 50 yards or so. I also use it for the occasional chip around the green. Maybe once every five rounds for a green side bunker, usually use the 58 here.

My first idea is to just go straight 54 for 54 but the grinds change from 52, v sole, to 54 s sole for sand.

Gapping wise the 54 swap sounds great but I'm unsure how that grind does on more full swings? So I'm stuck between the 52 and 54 and dont have access to demo.

Any input?

Last edited:
Really loving the 48, easy to hit and accurate what more could you want from a wedge.

Looking at replacing my 54 ping with a cbx 2. Hoping you guys can give me some insight.

I currently use the ping 54 for 100 yards to 50 yards or so. I also use it for the occasional chip around the green. Maybe once every five rounds for a green side bunker, usually use the 58 here.

My first idea is to just go straight 54 for 54 but the grinds change from 52, v sole, to 54 s sole for sand.

Gapping wise the 54 swap sounds great but I'm unsure how that grind does on more full swings? So I'm stuck between the 52 and 54 and dont have access to demo.

Any input?

I have only been able to hit the 54 on a simulator. Yardages and spin with a full swing were right where I expected. Didn't love the feel off the firm mat, but I rarely do, especially with wedges.

Any input?
I have the 54 and use it for full shots. It is so easy off tight or fluff lies.

I don't think I can resist any longer. 50, 54, and 58 have officially hit the Christmas wish list. I wonder if some (lefty) fool decided these weren't for him and put some on the bay? Off to ebay I go!

Not I. I’m a lefty and absolutely love my 52, 56 and 60!!!

I don't think I can resist any longer. 50, 54, and 58 have officially hit the Christmas wish list. I wonder if some (lefty) fool decided these weren't for him and put some on the bay? Off to ebay I go!
Happy hunting. They are worth it. I absolutely love mine. They have transformed my wedge game.

Happy hunting. They are worth it. I absolutely love mine. They have transformed my wedge game.
I fell in love with my CBX 50 and 54. I've said from the beginning that you'd have to pry those things from my cold, dead hands. If the CBX2 are actually better (and by, literally, EVERY account they are) then this is just a no brainer, for me. I still love my OG CBX but an improvement on an already excellent design is a win. Won't be able to hold off for very long. Golf season, for the most part is over in my area (there is one course that stays open as the weather allows but I'm not a huge fan of the drive all the way out there) so that will help hold me off for a bit, I suppose, but these will be in the bag next season. Zero doubt about it.

Still anxiously waiting for my 54° and 58° CBX 2 wedges to arrive. Apparently, some of the other guys that attended the short game clinic received theirs last week. I could have used them during yesterday's scramble.

ETA: I received my wedges last night. Hopefully, I will have a chance to get a round in this weekend.

Last edited:
I have been practicing a ton with the 60 for my chips around the green. I just am still baffled at how good these are. Very easy to put the ball on the green and give myself a chance with the putter. I played a round this aft and I only left two chips short. One of those was me trying to open the face up just to try it out. These wedges inspire confidence around the green.

The 54 is also just as good up to about 90-95 yards. These chips were about 20 yards off the green.

A793BEC2-6D43-47BB-9A1A-FE3F76010625.jpegCC99D627-0970-43DB-A0DB-E8E5DD5CD413.jpeg

I have been practicing a ton with the 60 for my chips around the green. I just am still baffled at how good these are. Very easy to put the ball on the green and give myself a chance with the putter. I played a round this aft and I only left two chips short. One of those was me trying to open the face up just to try it out. These wedges inspire confidence around the green.

The 54 is also just as good up to about 90-95 yards. These chips were about 20 yards off the green.

View attachment 8915317View attachment 8915318

Glad to see you are getting along well with these wedges. I am with you on the ease that i can play these clubs. They are awesome and I think a lot of folks are going to have these in the bag in the next year.

Glad to see you are getting along well with these wedges. I am with you on the ease that i can play these clubs. They are awesome and I think a lot of folks are going to have these in the bag in the next year.

I agree anyone who is considering these should try them out for sure.

Got 18 in this morning is super wet conditions. I know i have said it before but these clubs just work. I did not leave one chip or pitch short of the green today. I gave myself so many par looks i could not believe it. I had 6 total pars and left 4 or 5 out there. I have never had a set of wedges that when i stand over the ball i feel so comfortable i know the ball is going on the green. Hands down one of the best decisions i made in getting these.

I was super hesitant in getting the steel shafts my fitter suggested but in the end he hit a home run with them.

Which ones are used for the sand?
I’ve played all three of mine out of the bunkers. Depends on what you want.
I do think 54 to all the way up in loft are ultra capable from the bunkers.

Chipped in twice for birdie my last two rounds. Once with the 60 from about 12 ft and once with the 56 from 40 ft. Point and shoot. The 52 has been a great replacement for my set AW as well. In fact, it goes further, spins more and launches higher as well. Just great wedges.

Order a 54 and really liked it. Ended up selling it though as it did not do anything better than my callaway CF16 set SW.

These look so much better offset wise than the original CBX. Perfect head shape, and I bought a 58 already. I still think theres a good number of people that dislike the taller face though, but this club isn't targeted to that player I know. A CBX2 head shape compressed to fit between the RTX4, with just a slightly smaller sole, and no offset from 46-60 would complete the lineup nicely. I think a CBX-T players wedge would be killer.

I hit the flag stick twice yesterday in my round when chipping up with my 60! I have been using my 54 more and i stuck one about 5 inches left of the pin. My confidence just keeps growing every time i take them out of the bag.

I hit the flag stick twice yesterday in my round when chipping up with my 60! I have been using my 54 more and i stuck one about 5 inches left of the pin. My confidence just keeps growing every time i take them out of the bag.

Sounds like you are playing a video game! Point, click score!

Been using Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges, 48*, 52* & 56*. Recently saw that Cleveland released their new CBX 2 wedges. I bought a 56* to try out and compare to the Hogan 56* wedge. 3 round and 9-10 shots with the CBX 2 56* wedge and I ordered the 48* & 52* matching CBX 2 wedges. Hogan wedges are in stand by mode. The CBX 2"s are simply outstanding. Looks, feel, they produce any type shot I want and they're just great overall wedges.

Back