Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

Man I'd really like to go to the demo day. I just looked at the thread on it and it looks a little like what heaven must be like. Now if I can just convince my wife I'd be in.

Been playing these for a while now and I love them. Looking forward to getting out this week for another round to compare shafts.

Been playing these for a while now and I love them. Looking forward to getting out this week for another round to compare shafts.

so many people are gonna hate you right now.

How do they compare to your TM Burner 2.0? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Actually a good question. I was just discussing this with someone over the phone. They are crazy long like the Burners in terms of distance. Feel is similar. I prefer the look of these a little more. But one thing that these have over the Burners is more forgiveness on the toe, where as the Burners have more forgiveness high on teh club face. I think it will depend on where people miss.

Wait, this is the internet, nobody ever misses...hehe

having hit both, I think they're similarly dis-similar. Both are long but I found the forgiveness a little better in the 2.0's. I liked the feel of the 16's a little more and I thought shot dispersion was a little tighter with the 16's. For the record, I didn't like either stock grip offerings available on these sets :act-up:

Actually a good question. I was just discussing this with someone over the phone. They are crazy long like the Burners in terms of distance. Feel is similar. I prefer the look of these a little more. But one thing that these have over the Burners is more forgiveness on the toe, where as the Burners have more forgiveness high on teh club face. I think it will depend on where people miss.

Wait, this is the internet, nobody ever misses...hehe

Thanks you for the quick feedback JB. Nobody ever misses because everyone is FORGED on the Internet.

having hit both, I think they're similarly dis-similar. Both are long but I found the forgiveness a little better in the 2.0's. I liked the feel of the 16's a little more and I thought shot dispersion was a little tighter with the 16's. For the record, I didn't like either stock grip offerings available on these sets :act-up:

Can't wait to try them in Feb.

Does anyone know if these will be an option in 2011 as part of the Cleveland trade-in program? I have the CG7 BP's and I as much as I love them I have sneaky suspicion that I will love these just as much, if not more... and at the very least my inner ho will be happy.

I cant tell you the answer to your first question, I would assume so, but again, not sure. as far as you liking them, I have the CG 7's and I can PROMISE you that you will love them!!

Does anyone know if these will be an option in 2011 as part of the Cleveland trade-in program? I have the CG7 BP's and I as much as I love them I have sneaky suspicion that I will love these just as much, if not more... and at the very least my inner ho will be happy.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. They should be eligible since they are an iron set released b/w 2010 and 2012 and have the same price point (I expect). The big question I keep asking myself is do I want to trade them in when they first come out or play the 2011 season with the BP's and trade in next winter. It really all depends on when they're released for me since I don't want to be without my irons for any extended period of time.

As far as I know you should be able to "trade-in/trade up" as long as you meet the following stipulations oulined here. http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_promotion_free_irons.html

As far as I know you should be able to "trade-in/trade up" as long as you meet the following stipulations oulined here. http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_promotion_free_irons.html

Additional info attached. Yes, you can trade-in.

Customers who purchase a set of in-line Cleveland Golf Irons (CG7/ CG7 Tour/ Launcher Iron/ HiBORE XLi/ CG Tour/ Bloom XLi) between 6/12/09 to 12/31/09 will be eligible to trade in their complete set for any new models introduced from 1/1/10 to 12/31/11. *Customers must purchase at least a complete seven-piece set of current in-line product (mixed sets are not eligible) at regular retail price from an authorized dealer and register their set with Cleveland Golf. *This offer cannot be combined with any other Cleveland Golf promotion.

REDEMPTION REQUIREMENTS: You may trade-in your current clubs for any new models introduced from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2011. *The Iron set must be returned in its entirety. *This is a ONE-TIME redemption – Trade in is valid FOR IRONS only. *No cash back. *Redemption period closes 12/31/11. *If your clubs are damaged and/or do not match the serial number provided you will be notified by customer service and returned your original set. *

I'm thinking the exact same thing. They should be eligible since they are an iron set released b/w 2010 and 2012 and have the same price point (I expect). The big question I keep asking myself is do I want to trade them in when they first come out or play the 2011 season with the BP's and trade in next winter. It really all depends on when they're released for me since I don't want to be without my irons for any extended period of time.

I was thinking that I would do it early 2011, that way I would have better trade bait with a more current product. If they play as well I anticipate, then all will be well. If not, then I should able to trade em for a set of 2.0's or sell for enough cash to purchase a set. And if they don't work out, then I can just go back to a set of CG7 BP's. Shouldn't be to hard based on the prices ...

But I am going to the THP outing in May... so I might just wait until then so I can give them a full work out.

One potential "issue" could be your CG7 registeration date. It must be within 90 days of purchase (12/2009). I don't register the golf clubs usually after 90 days. I hope Cleveland CS will be more lenient on this point.

Register *Products Online:
CLICK HERE to register your purchased *clubs within 90 days of purchase to be eligible.

One potential "issue" could be your CG7 registeration date. It must be within 90 days of purchase (12/2009). I don't register the golf clubs usually after 90 days. I hope Cleveland CS will be more lenient on this point.

Register *Products Online:
CLICK HERE to register your purchased *clubs within 90 days of purchase to be eligible.

No worries, I made sure to get them registered when I first bought them last winter. Actually the main reason I bought them was because of this deal.

A few of you seem to have hit these and the CG7 BPs - why should I wait for the CG16s? What makes the 16 better enough to make them worth full price over a discounted set of CG7 - money not really being the option, but all things equal, saving a few hundred on the irons means more $ for other clubs, hehe. I will have the cash for new irons in two weeks, but the May demo day is in, well, May... I don't know that I want to wait five months before getting new irons! Convince me!

Very easy to convince someone that is already booked for the demo day.

Where else will you have a chance to hit almost every single iron on the market head to head against each other and watch actual ball flight and take the favorites on the course for actual round testing? Why not play with something before buying it? While its only available for 50 people, for the golf equipment person, its the ultimate in terms of trial and error.

JB...how are you liking the CG16s? I find that they have a higher ball flight than the CG7 BPs. Only had them out a few rounds but like the change so far. Even the longer clubs seem easy to hit.

I have been going back and forth between two shafts in them and really like them. I have had them in the bag since our last outing which I believe was September and they have treated me well. I am getting more distance out of each iron without sacrificing any height on the ball flight. Just a very good iron so far.

Real crisp look, can't wait to get back home in April and have a good full day session at Golf town... even though i just picked up brand new Ap2's end of this past season hehe

I have been going back and forth between two shafts in them and really like them. I have had them in the bag since our last outing which I believe was September and they have treated me well. I am getting more distance out of each iron without sacrificing any height on the ball flight. Just a very good iron so far.

Thanks, JB. I have the stock shafts and I'm quickly liking how these clubs are treating me and when you catch one it does not even feel like you hit it. Just pure butter off the club! I am trying to get used to the stronger lofts...changes the distances for me just slightly from my CG7 BPs. I thought that the thicker sole would bother me at set up but it has not been an issue and I really like the way each club looks at address. Put up an 80 my first day out with them.

Back