Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Cleveland is back with new irons for 2011 called the CG16s. They will also be available in a Tour model. They come in satin and black pearl and both are featured here. They offer conforming grooves and have the beautiful laser milling right on the face. Those that were at the THP Demo Day had an opportunity to try these out and this is a chance to give their full feedback and look at the pictures again. Those that were not able to make it, here are some pictures of the new irons for 2011 from Cleveland Golf.

1059173459_rPoM3-L-1.jpg

1059173507_J8ico-L-1.jpg

1059173746_6mmWz-L-1.jpg

1059174104_JaUHE-L-1.jpg

1059173568_ctNZT-L-1.jpg

1059173985_K6Unx-L-1.jpg

1059173866_XR2t5-L-1.jpg

1059174053_kwcwV-L-1.jpg

1059173626_XMB28-L-1.jpg

1059173687_8bNWf-L-1.jpg

These are SWEET looking clubs!!

real nice looking IMO...do they have the Zip Grooves also...

Nice! Cleveland is shouting out that they are more than wedges.

Clam these irons were awesome. Although I am listening to Billy Jean. How random is that. Anyway, I came away impressed by two clubs more then any other from the THP demo day. The Mashie and the CG16 irons. If any club could have gotten in the middle of my Burner 2.0 love fest it would have been these. They were that good. This would be on my radar for the next year for sure if I was in the market for new irons. Loved the feel and the distance was as good as the Burners.

Clam these irons were awesome. Although I am listening to Billy Jean. How random is that. Anyway, I came away impressed by two clubs more then any other from the THP demo day. The Mashie and the CG16 irons. If any club could have gotten in the middle of my Burner 2.0 love fest it would have been these. They were that good. This would be on my radar for the next year for sure if I was in the market for new irons. Loved the feel and the distance was as good as the Burners.

I have been working a ton of hours lately. These will be my reward if the feel is there for me. I never have been fitted to a set and dag nab it , I deserve it. Lol

I have been working a ton of hours lately. These will be my reward if the feel is there for me. I never have been fitted to a set and dag nab it , I deserve it. Lol

Go Clam go!

The sole of that club looks a lot wider than my CG15 52*. No?

The sole of that club looks a lot wider than my CG15 52*. No?

The CG15 wedges are a blade wedge where as these are full irons with a cavity back. If you compare the CG16 wedges to the CG15 you will see similar sizes.

are those zip grooves?!?!?!?!?

I wish the release of the CG16 meant that the CG15 would see a price drop. Unfortunately, it probably only means that the 15's will sell out quicker now. Kinda gonna make it hit home with everyone that the 15 (old grooves) is going the way of the dinosaur. I would give my eye teeth for a matched set of 15's

EDIT: Maybe I'd give my wife's teeth instead. I still like a good steak to much to give up my chompers! And then she wouldn't be able to chew my A@#

These are an awsome set of iron's and they will sell a ton of them once they hit the market where everyone see's them. A bit on the fat side for me, yet they get the job done. Great job Cleveland.

I just had a DUH moment. Even after I read JB's post I was still only thinking wedges. I just now understand that it's a full set of irons like 4-PW. Sometimes my lack of gray matter amazes even me!

I loved these irons and have been patiently waiting to be able to see and speak more about them.

For those of you who were asking about feel- these certainly have plenty of that (for me of course). While they don't have a "forged buttery" feel they are definitely a step up from the clicky-ness that some talk about with the Burner 2.0 and X24 Irons. The wind on the driving range made it very difficult to test distances but I didn't notice much of a difference between these and the "long" irons mentioned above. The sole is a bit wider than some people like, but is the same size that I currently play so I don't mind too much. I am interested to see the changes in the Pro model though and see what they do with those.

I went into the demo day to scout out new Irons for next season and I came away with 3 different irons on my list. These were #1 on that list (which if you have heard me talk about the mizzies might surprise you). I fully intend to put these through the testing ringer and with any luck they will make their way into my bag!

Question for some of the others at the outing (One-T is one I know of) who play the CG7 black pearls. What was your take on these vs your current sticks?

Absolutely loved these irons. I put them up against 2.0's, X-24's, Di-11's, S-2's, and Machspeeds. They were by far my number 1 choice. The funny thing is that I didn't even know they were new at first. I just grabbed a Cleveland 7i and took it to my station. Later I realized that they were the upcoming release for 2011. They had great feel, a very nice high ball flight, and incredible distance. These were as long or longer than any other iron for me. I LOVE the zip grooves. They just inspire confidence.

Absolutely loved these irons. I put them up against 2.0's, X-24's, Di-11's, S-2's, and Machspeeds. They were by far my number 1 choice. The funny thing is that I didn't even know they were new at first. I just grabbed a Cleveland 7i and took it to my station. Later I realized that they were LEFT HANDED. They had great feel, a very nice high ball flight, and incredible distance. These were as long or longer than any other iron for me. I LOVE the zip grooves. They just inspire confidence.

FIFY hawk! haha. funny story, every time hawk went to get a club to demo, he'd accidentally grab a LH club, lol

there were quite a few that loved these irons and one such person was uncle daddy. he absolutely loved them! he was testing these, the x24 and the burner 2.0's and the cg16's were by far his favorite iron. if i were in the market for new irons next year, i'd put these on my "to demo" list, solely based off what i heard about them.

Hmmm... I might have to keep these in mind to replace my CG7's with the whole "Free Irons Promotion" I got in on.

The graphics in the cavity are a little busy for my liking. Otherwise, these look pretty nice and I'm sure the feel is pretty sweet.

The graphics in the cavity are a little busy for my liking. Otherwise, these look pretty nice and I'm sure the feel is pretty sweet.
they seem toned down from the previous model

Here are the two side by side.

659701948_WEqwx-L-1.jpg

1059174053_kwcwV-L-1.jpg

thanks for the side by side comparison

guess they aren't toned down :confused2:

these look nice but I am more curious about the tour model.

these look nice but I am more curious about the tour model.

Similar look. Just smaller club head overall. Can I ask why you prefer the Tour model? Genuinely curious.

Back