Cleveland Classic Putters - I am now a believer...

I love making cheap putters work. I started on a Bullseye and to be honest, there is nothing wrong with it. I like the 2 and mid mallet (5 or 6?).

thats awesome that you bought one as a backup...do you break putters often?

Just to play around with it, I put a red iomic grip on it and filled in the words with red paint fill, I want to change my gamer grip but Im putting so well with it Im scared to mess with anything on it, I havent even taken the sticker off of the butt end of the club that says its 35 inches...

CC putters are most definately proof that more companies could charge less if they wanted! I mean if you buy any other putter in the below $100 range you aren't gonna get this quality of feel and roll. The only reason I'll be putting mine on time out is due to my own problems that I'm having right now. But believe me when I say that when I straighten it all out I'll be coming back to my 4.5 with a smile on my face.

CC putters are most definately proof that more companies could charge less if they wanted! I mean if you buy any other putter in the below $100 range you aren't gonna get this quality of feel and roll. The only reason I'll be putting mine on time out is due to my own problems that I'm having right now. But believe me when I say that when I straighten it all out I'll be coming back to my 4.5 with a smile on my face.

I don't know if that's true. The Ping Karsten Series is awfully solid. The new Taylormade Est 79 line is also very nice.

I have been playing a Cleveland classic for a season and a half and love it. The Cleveland replaced my Ping to back-up status.

I don't know if that's true. The Ping Karsten Series is awfully solid. The new Taylormade Est 79 line is also very nice.

Isn't the Karsten a smooth faced putter? I thought it was, but can't remember. I just think I remember it skidding and hopping a little. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the face. The TM I don't know about.

So great to see so many THPers finding success and really liking a putter at this price point.

Every time I walk into a golf store, I gravitate towards the Gambler Flush, then reality hits and I go grab the Cleveland Classic #2 and hit some putts with that instead. Let's all be honest, at $79.00 it's certainly only a matter of time until it finds its way into my bag.

Just picked up the #2 model at Dick's today. Wasn't planning on buying a putter but it felt too good to pass up. Also, it was on sale for $59. Didn't care for the grip too much though so I had them throw on a Winn midsize grip. Can't wait to get it on the course.

Neither the Ping Karstens nor the TM est 79s have the face milling of the Clevelands though. IMO the milling helps to give the ball a truer roll than a smooth face.
All 3 are great putters though and are a lot of putter for the money.
The surylin insert on the TMs intruiges me. Ive heard of lots of insert materials, but never surylin.

I am rolling a CC Bronze, great looks and feel. I have a had time spending over $100 for a hunk of metal easily mass produced.

I am rolling a CC Bronze, great looks and feel. I have a had time spending over $100 for a hunk of metal easily mass produced.

You mean you arent going to jump at the chance to pay $350 for a custom Gambler???:bulgy-eyes:

I tried a few CC models today but must say I'm not that impressed. But I'm glad it works for you since it's so cheap!

Tappin' for world peace!

IMO the Clevelands are Sweet.The price they want for them seems a bargain to say the least.If I fell out of love with what I have now I think one of the Clevelands would be in it's place.But that's me my 2¢

Love my black Platinum 2, just got it cut down an inch and an half last week and threw on a white Lamkin grip, and it feels awesome now, been making a lot of putts as of late. If they come out with a Black center-shaft model they have in the normal chrome( I think its the number 5 model?) that will be scooped up ASAP

Wasnt in the market for a new putter, but at $80, can hurt to grab and keep in the spare bag.

My favorite part of these putters is the weight. a lot of putters these days are too light imo, and the heavy putters are way too heavy. these cc putters have a great feel to them too.

Isn't the Karsten a smooth faced putter? I thought it was, but can't remember. I just think I remember it skidding and hopping a little. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about the face. The TM I don't know about.

Neither the Ping Karstens nor the TM est 79s have the face milling of the Clevelands though. IMO the milling helps to give the ball a truer roll than a smooth face.
All 3 are great putters though and are a lot of putter for the money.
The surylin insert on the TMs intruiges me. Ive heard of lots of insert materials, but never surylin.

Yeah the karsten is a smooth faced putter. I really like it. I thought that it was easier on the eyes than the Cleveland Classic. Not that I don't live the C Classic line, I just found the Ping to be more visually appeasing.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I believe the whole Cleveland Classic line is on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods as part of the Golf Athon for $60. I should know this since I work there, but we only carry the silver line and not the black or bronze.

Yeah the karsten is a smooth faced putter. I really like it. I thought that it was easier on the eyes than the Cleveland Classic. Not that I don't live the C Classic line, I just found the Ping to be more visually appeasing.
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with Ping putters. Prior to getting my CC2 I was gaming a Ping Anser and had a lot of success with it. I definetly did not mean to imply that Ping makes poor quality putters.
Im a believer that face milling helps the ball to roll truer than with a smooth-faced putter but thats the only knock that I have against Pings.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with Ping putters. Prior to getting my CC2 I was gaming a Ping Anser and had a lot of success with it. I definetly did not mean to imply that Ping makes poor quality putters.
Im a believer that face milling helps the ball to roll truer than with a smooth-faced putter but thats the only knock that I have against Pings.

No worries. I never thought you were knocking Pings. I was just putting in my $.02 worth saying that I liked the Karstens more than I liked Classics. I do really like the Cleveland classic line. I do own a #2 as well.

Before the outing, I was having some serious putter issues. I was truly dreading anything outside 18 inches. So, I ended up switching back to my CC #3 and haven't looked back since. My putting has been better with it this year than ever before on everything from lags to 3 footers. I really don't know why I put it in timeout to begin with. I had myself convinced that I needed multiple alignment lines to putt well. Turns out, I just needed a putter that worked with my stroke. I'm a gater and the toe weighting works for me as long as I release.

Best part is that it cost $50 :)

I have been looking for a thread about these underrated putters I have the CC6 in the satin finish when i first got it the feel was amazing but me being a big guy the grip was just too small and i have tried the superstroke grips and others like but they are very expensive so I was looking for something new and i think i found it The grip I finally chose was the Karma Sharparo Grip it is a jumbo grip but not jumbo in areas of other grips like and it isn't expensive since the grip change 3 putts have been a rarity

Edit here is a link to the grip http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/orderportal/catalog_presentation/by_group/0/1177/0/0/0/0/0

I will be using this thread to review the CC BP 6 putter over the next few weeks. First impressions are of love at first site. I don't know why some people crticize the grips on these putters, because I fint this one to be almost identical to the one that comes on the TP Mills Anvil Series.

I'm excited to hear how you like it JR. It's a great looking putter, and I'm sure it will treat you great!

I game a Platinum model #2. I lo-o-ove it!

Back