Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

30 putts today, it just works for me. :clapp:

Reading this thread I went to the store full of expectations, thinking that I would probably end up buying one...turned out it's not for me. It's nice that they work so well for you guys, but I just couldn't get along with them... One thing I did get from this thread though is that I learned about Garsen grips!

Is there a course you play that would let you demo one for a round?

to he11 with just trying it out. went ahead and bought it. but I'm out of town without my sticks. Hope to be able to fully test it out next week. I slapped a snsr contour 104cc on it. rolling it just a bit in my house and I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 putts for 9 holes today and it actually could have been better, as I burned more edges and/or missed by a revolution.

15 putts for 9 holes today and it actually could have been better, as I burned more edges and/or missed by a revolution.

That is good putting.

I had another round like yesterday's 9 with the 2135 ... 31 putts for the round sounds solid but it really wasn't at all. I missed 9 putts from 12 feet and in, including 5 from 7 feet and in. My longest made putt was 3 feet.

Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

I had another round like yesterday's 9 with the 2135 ... 31 putts for the round sounds solid but it really wasn't at all. I missed 9 putts from 12 feet and in, including 5 from 7 feet and in. My longest made putt was 3 feet.

so would you say you're struggling with the putter right now? indian or arrow?

personally it's killing me not to be able to roll the one I just bought. I'm not sure I've ever been so excited about a putter.

Last edited:
Since I switched to the 2135 8.0 my number of three putts have diminished greatly. I am averaging 4-5 putts better per round

Since I switched to the 2135 8.0 my number of three putts have diminished greatly. I am averaging 4-5 putts better per round

That is an awesome number right there. Always nice finding something that just works for you.

That is an awesome number right there. Always nice finding something that just works for you.
The test will be this weekend. Playing Genoa Lakes and Ranch courses in Nevada. They do look tough..

Same here! Very few rounds that I can even remember that I've had any 3 putts.
30 putts today, it just works for me. :clapp:

Thats what I had today. Thankfully my putter was working great today. I can't remember the last time I had so many 2nd putts just given to me. Probably 5 putts inside 18" that were outside 10' that were given to me. Love this 2135 6.0!

so would you say you're struggling with the putter right now? indian or arrow?

personally it's killing me not to be able to roll the one I just bought. I'm not sure I've ever been so excited about a putter.

Definitely me.

I put a father's day request in to my wife for a Cleveland 2135 putter. I didn't specify which one, or specs, but if she remembers, those questions will be coming in the next couple weeks.
Here's hoping she asks me the questions.

I was playing with a guy yesterday who wanted to try it, "Man the weight on this thing is perfect!!" He would have bought it on the spot had I let him. If I where a betting man, I would bet he will have one in his bag when we play next weekend.

Like some of the people posting on this thread, don't try it unless your prepared to buy it. I was at my local GS store just browsing around and stopped by the putters. I play a 340g Cleveland classic now that i have success with. Wanted to see what the hype was with the 2135-1. The feeling off the face of this thing is amazing.

i made myself a bet at the risk of angering congress (wife) for buying more golf stuff. I put 3 balls down on the inside green all at 25 feet from the hole. I said to myself, if i make 2 of the 3 i will buy this putter, now there is no way i was going to make 2 of 3 at that distance so i felt really really safe. well, I ended up making all 3 putts at that distance and another guy that was browsing the putters said, "hey, i think that one is golden for you". The putter felt amazing like nothing i have putted with before and i own a few putters. Have yet to play it on the course but Cleveland has something here. oh and did i mention how amazing the face feels on this thing?

Or win it on THP right now...

my first practice session with the tfi 2135 1.0 is in the books.

why did i buy this putter? i'm not dissatisfied with my gamer by any means. but we all like new and shiny, and after messing around at edwin watts with this putter, i was really impressed with the feel, the sound, the balance, what i perceived to be the moi, and the quality of the roll. at its price, i couldn't resist.

my stroke suffers from poor alignment. i have a tendency to line up with the face pointing right, suck the club inside on the backstroke, then shut the face down to square (but often left) at impact. i was hoping the 2135 technology would get me lined up a bit better. i think this putter is helping me get the ball going down the line on which i am aligned, as i am missing to the right more often than usual. that's a good thing, as i can fix that. i made some really nice putts, but i also struggled with the short ones (completely me, not the putter).

the feel/sound is what i love the most about this putter. very soft and muted, rather than firm or clicky. i really like it, although it took me about 5-6 putts to get the speed dialed in based on that.

am i happy with the purchase so far? i'd say yes. with a halfway decent stroke, the roll on the ball is excellent. i made some really nice putts while practicing, and many of the putts i missed were due to condition of the greens and the fact that i prefer to die my putts in rather than bang them in, so grain and imperfections have a bigger impact.

i hope to be able to play sometime this week, and will report back with on-the-course results.

I was draining or leaving lags stupid close on Saturday, didn't matter the distance. Played with the same guy on Sunday morning, he made the comment "that was fun watching you yesterday, that putter was on FIRE" Makes a person feel good!!! This putter has been the best investment in my game so far. I have all but eliminated 3 putts and can usually get my lags with in a 2 foot circle of the hole.

first round with the tfi 2135 1.0 33" with golf pride tour snsr contour 104cc is in the books and to say it was a smashing success would be pretty incorrect. i really struggled with speed, leaving longer putts way short. i made nothing. my consistent miss was a little toe-side that missed left. i'm not abandoning the putter yet because it's obviously user error, but now i feel like i need to grind with this thing to get comfortable. i'll give it a few more rounds, and if it doesn't come around i'll put it up on the marketplace.

first round with the tfi 2135 1.0 33" with golf pride tour snsr contour 104cc is in the books and to say it was a smashing success would be pretty incorrect. i really struggled with speed, leaving longer putts way short. i made nothing. my consistent miss was a little toe-side that missed left. i'm not abandoning the putter yet because it's obviously user error, but now i feel like i need to grind with this thing to get comfortable. i'll give it a few more rounds, and if it doesn't come around i'll put it up on the marketplace.

Give it some time. Hit the practice before the round. Once you figure it out you won't want to put it down

I think you have to give this technology some time. Regarding speed, the face is unique with bronze backed by a polymer. That means the ball is going to come off the face differently than you are used to, which means distances won't be what you expect at the start. And the 2135 tool - I think - only ensures you are aligned to the line you select, not that you are necessarily picking the right line. So you have to learn how to do that with the putter. But once you get past that orientation period...it is a really solid product.

I think you have to give this technology some time. Regarding speed, the face is unique with bronze backed by a polymer. That means the ball is going to come off the face differently than you are used to, which means distances won't be what you expect at the start. And the 2135 tool - I think - only ensures you are aligned to the line you select, not that you are necessarily picking the right line. So you have to learn how to do that with the putter. But once you get past that orientation period...it is a really solid product.

the speed thing was frustrating, and the constant toe miss was surprising. it's been awhile since I've gamed a plumbers neck, so maybe that's some of it. this was just one round though, and with a little more time I think it's going to be solid.

I haven't been happy with results the last couple of times out. I know it's me but it was affecting my confidence. So I practiced the last @2 weeks with the Scotty in prep for a member guest this weekend where I'm the guest and my host wants to win. I've been putting well during these practices. When push came to shove I just couldn't leave the 2135 out of the bag...it's making the trek to CA tonight too.

Mens league tonight was fun with the putter, (it was a scramble night) so we only had 1 putt outside ten feet. I played with 3 of the older guys so they made me go first and kinda told me what the putt would do as far as break. The 3 of them only got to putt twice all night. I was draining them all.
It has made me a more confident putter for sure. The only thing that trips me up right now is when I switch from the chrome soft to another ball, then I have to roll putts on the practice green before the round.

Second full round with the putter today in a scramble format. Sank putts of 18, 12 and 10 feet, and came up 1/8 turn short on another ten footer. The alignment aid really has helped my accuracy and the feel is exceptionally nice. Working very well for me. The interesting part is I seem to do much better on the course than on the practice green.

Back