Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
In for review is a new putter from Cleveland Golf with a new take on alignment, the TFi 2135. The Tfi 2135 raises the alignment aid from the bottom flange of your traditional blade putters up to match the exact center of the golf ball. Below is a video from Cleveland Golf explaining the technology behind this putter.

[video=youtube;cTJpRA-6IEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTJpRA-6IEo[/video]

The model that I have received for review is the 1.0. It is your most basic anser style blade putter. The TFI 2135 8.0 is a counter-balanced model that has a heavier head and a wide flange while the 6.5 is a mid-mallet version with a double bend shaft. Pictures of those models can be found here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?73560-Cleveland-TFI-2135-Putter-Preview

i-vfQXm5J-L.jpg

i-6M6CntJ-L.jpg

i-dv9Q3Gs-L.jpg

i-ksqsF9L-L.jpg

i-HjXHGDw-L.jpg

i-RZ4PhwQ-L.jpg

i-JKXCsMV-L.jpg

i-SBVRdvG-L.jpg

i-xg4BGR2-L.jpg

i-9K7k22F-L.jpg

i-bTT9g9h-L.jpg

Last edited:
Great up close pics Dean, looking forward to following along on this one

Great, like ddec needs a putter that makes him putt better...

Really like look of these and that headcover is sweet. I'll have to check the video out at home tonight.

Really excited to hear your thoughts on this one Dean after having the concept explained to me. Pics are sharp, and that cover is sweet!

These are great pictures, ddec. It's a nice looking putter. I really like the headcover too. Some changes in the grip from the Classic/Smart Square line too.

Was a price-point for this putter announced yet?

• Staff
Nice pics. It looks much better with those photos.

The putter pics look great ddec. Thanks. Look forward to hearing more about this. Very interesting putter that I hope I can demo sometime soon.

Nice Deano! Looking forward to your thoughts on this one buddy.

I wonder if there is any alignment value with the bronze and white polymer (?) on the nearest side of the putter face. Like maybe if you see white but not bronze then you know you are aligned properly? Or maybe as a tool to ensure you are aligned the same way each time by seeing the same thing consistently?

$129 is solid ppt for that putter.

Nice pictures Dean and I'll be following along. I'll get a front row seat with this one next month & im really excited to roll these

I have already decided I am buying one of these. The idea is so simple and so smart. This is the number one thing I struggle with, and I can already tell it's going to help. To me, this is the biggest innovation in a golf club I have read about this year.

That is just a really clean, really classy looking putter. Cleveland has been making better than their price point putters for a long time, and I think the 2135 is going to continue that trend. Look forward to hearing your thoughts, Deano!

Great pics Deano! The feel of that TFi copper face is wonderful. Put it to work and I'll be checking out what you think. Still can't believe I'll be in CA in a few months seeing it up close.

Those pictures look fantastic! I really like the gold face.

While generally not my preferred head shape, I'll be curious to watch Dean roll this one and maybe even check out this alignment tech.

Love the look of that alignment!

Yes the alignment is that good on this putter. I'll admit it's a tad awkward looking at first, but get past that stage and it's good. After seeing them in California a few weeks ago, I got home and with my normal putter that I've been gaming for 5 years, started questioning my alignment. I started worrying about if I was standing over the ball properly and the same every time. That's the beauty of this, I don't need to stand over the ball the same every time, although believe me I want to. I can just trust my eyes that that the alignment aid I am looking down at is perfectly centered on the ball and I am ready to knock it in the hole.

I am in love with the look of this putter. What kind of sound are you getting with the insert?

Interested in reading more about this one.

They're up on the Cleveland website already. Release date 9/18/15, nothing on pre-order though that I could find.

1.0 Specs.
MODELDESIGNHOSEL TYPELENGTHLIELOFTHEAD WEIGHTGRIP WEIGHT
1.0BLADEPLUMBER'S NECK33"70°345g65g
1.0BLADEPLUMBER'S NECK34"70°345g65g
1.0BLADEPLUMBER'S NECK35"70°345g65g
Available in Right and Left Handed

I am in love with the look of this putter. What kind of sound are you getting with the insert?

it's a fairly pleasing sound. Gives it a slightly firmer than soft feel to me, if that makes sense. I might get out for some putts tonight, if I do I'll record some sound.

This is just another product from Cleveland/Srixon that has captivated me this year. The 8.0, should suit me and I really can't wait to give it a roll. Exited to hear the oncourse comments

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Great pics Dean!!! Made my want to open up the pocketbook already. With that price point it may just happen. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back