Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

Well I’ve got my 2nd set at home awaiting on me. These will not leave I promise you that. 1/2 inch short, 2 degrees upright with 5.0 Px steel. Have the 4 iron all way through the SW. Won’t make the mistake of letting go of these this time!

Well I’ve got my 2nd set at home awaiting on me. These will not leave I promise you that. 1/2 inch short, 2 degrees upright with 5.0 Px steel. Have the 4 iron all way through the SW. Won’t make the mistake of letting go of these this time!

I have mine still and will not let them go anytime soon.

Well, after a round I'm even more of a believer.

My only issue was chipping with the seven iron. I need to practice, as it's a totally different feel/look.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just pulled the trigger on a set of these (4i -PW). Budget golf has a great sale going on these clubs. Adding the THP discount just made this too good of a deal to pass up. Ending up to be cheaper than used sets on Ebay. Can't wait to get these and play them.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on a set of these (4i -PW). Budget golf has a great sale going on - these clubs included. Adding the THP discount just made this too good of a deal to pass up. Ending up to be cheaper than used sets on Ebay. Can't wait to get these and play them.
Yeah, I've been amazed at how I'm on or right by greens after 165-180 yard approach shots.

They've made the game more fun for me.

Yeah, I've been amazed at how I'm on or right by greens after 165-180 yard approach shots.

They've made the game more fun for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm least consistent with my irons, but most consistent with my hybrids, so I'm hoping once I get used to the HB's my iron play will improve.

Well, after a round I'm even more of a believer.

My only issue was chipping with the seven iron. I need to practice, as it's a totally different feel/look.

When I had the Altitude irons and now my G700’s I find chipping with hollow body irons very difficult. If you catch the ball dead flush I swear it rockets off the face making distance control challenging. I simply use one of my non set wedges to chip now. Much more consistent for me.

When I had the Altitude irons and now my G700’s I find chipping with hollow body irons very difficult. If you catch the ball dead flush I swear it rockets off the face making distance control challenging. I simply use one of my non set wedges to chip now. Much more consistent for me.

I found this to be a big advantage of using more bladed clubs

I'm carrying a "regular" 4-iron for punching out, and a "regular" seven-iron that I chip with.

I still have room in the bag, as I'm only carrying my 4-pw irons, sw, 5w, 3w, the regular 4&7, and putter.

What I’ve decided on is a mixed bag. I love my CBX irons and wedges but I’m a much better player the shorter the iron and wedge than I am in the 6i 7i area so I am adding a Launcher HB in 6i and 7i to the bag which will now read after the Driver,FW and Hybrids
Launcher HB 6 and 7
CBX 8 9 and PW
CBX wedges 50 54 and 60
My older 588 blade 64 degree still needs work - not ready for game day :-(

What I’ve decided on is a mixed bag. I love my CBX irons and wedges but I’m a much better player the shorter the iron and wedge than I am in the 6i 7i area so I am adding a Launcher HB in 6i and 7i to the bag which will now read after the Driver,FW and Hybrids
Launcher HB 6 and 7
CBX 8 9 and PW
CBX wedges 50 54 and 60
My older 588 blade 64 degree still needs work - not ready for game day :-(

Sounds like a fun setup

Get the 64 degree Sure Out. It is a beast

Get the 64 degree Sure Out. It is a beast

It looks to be so. I have the Cleveland Supersole 3 for those times when I loose confidence in sand and I can really own only one of those type of ugly clubs LOL ��. ( kidding of course - they are amazing tools ! )

2nd weekend and 3rd round with the HBs. The clubs really are forgiving and when I have swings where I hit any part of the face the ball still gets up and flies. So far the 6, 9 & PW are working best for me. I'm still getting used to the clubs and trying to dial in the distances. I think the switch from my Callaway XR irons was a smart move.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Read this whole thread and couldn't take it anymore. Got a great deal on 4-PW from TGW. Went graphite stiff. Landing on my doorstep this Friday. Can't wait. Thanks to all for the reviews and information. Appreciate it!

Read this whole thread and couldn't take it anymore. Got a great deal on 4-PW from TGW. Went graphite stiff. Landing on my doorstep this Friday. Can't wait. Thanks to all for the reviews and information. Appreciate it!

You don't be disappointed!

I'm sure you will really like these clubs. I played 9 on Sunday with the HBs and got my best score ever on the front 9 of my home course. I've had these clubs for 2 weeks now with 3 full rounds, two 9 hole rounds and three other times where I go out at night and play a few holes. So far these clubs are really delivering for me. During Sunday's round of 9 holes I shot 2 birdies - something I have never done before, including on a par 4 with a second shot from a fairway bunker with a 9 iron that landed a few inches from the hole, bounced off the pin and rolls about 2 feet. Putted for birdie. This is a hole that has an elevated green, with bunkers directly in front and a small pond in front of the bunkers. This is a hole I normally struggle with and rarely make par.

I played 5 holes last night and did well again. These clubs are so forgiving that I'm seeing much better and consistent ball contact and better strikes, and my mishits are significantly less severe. Now when setting up for a shot I have confidence in the irons. This has made the last few rounds so much more fun. Good luck and I hope you experience similar results. Let us know your thoughts after you put the clubs in play.

I tried to place a custom order for the Launcher HB irons but apparently Cleveland isn’t taking anymore custom orders for these irons. I know it’s been about 2 years since they were released, does anyone know if Cleveland will be coming out with a new version soon?

I tried to place a custom order for the Launcher HB irons but apparently Cleveland isn’t taking anymore custom orders for these irons. I know it’s been about 2 years since they were released, does anyone know if Cleveland will be coming out with a new version soon?

I can’t discuss pre-release, but if they are on a two year release cycle then it would be a couple of months from now.

I may have also come home from a THP Event to this

b8900ee4ecf0801b8b2cc74522c19eb2.jpg

I can’t discuss pre-release, but if they are on a two year release cycle then it would be a couple of months from now.

I may have also come home from a THP Event to this

b8900ee4ecf0801b8b2cc74522c19eb2.jpg
Damn JB - nothing like getting our imagination to run wild. Hopefully soon we get to see what is in the boxes. As good as the HBs are Cleveland sure has their work cut out for them to put out something better. I'm anxiously awaiting to see where this goes.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Paging @Dartgod

I have hit these and they are really fun. My dad also recently got a set and he loves how easy they are got get up in the air and hit. I over heard him tell his buddies "I don't have to feel like I need to swing hard, the ball comes off the face so nice and easy"

Make sure you give them a look, they have discounted these quite a bit I believe so getting them off Budget Golf should be a really good deal with THP discount.

As far as shaft flex, that's going to be hard to suggest. Really need to go find that out on your own.

Paging @Dartgod

I have hit these and they are really fun. My dad also recently got a set and he loves how easy they are got get up in the air and hit. I over heard him tell his buddies "I don't have to feel like I need to swing hard, the ball comes off the face so nice and easy"

Make sure you give them a look, they have discounted these quite a bit I believe so getting them off Budget Golf should be a really good deal with THP discount.

As far as shaft flex, that's going to be hard to suggest. Really need to go find that out on your own.

This is a thread for the irons, but I assume you are referring to the Launcher HB hybrids?

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm likely going to go that route, I just wish there was a way for me to hit them first.

This is a thread for the irons, but I assume you are referring to the Launcher HB hybrids?

These are a hybrid like iron. I know for a fact there are Cleveland dealers in the KC metro that have these to hit.

Love this DSW. Hoping I have the same great results! Thanks again for all the info on these clubs. Really helpful.

Same to you 2B!

Maiden voyage this Sunday. YEA!!

Back