Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

Trust me, it's not obsolete, its a damn good head still.

I got a close to new XL 270 driver a few weeks ago for around USD 40. Works very well for me

Trust me, it's not obsolete, its a damn good head still.
Right on Jman. I remember loving it but it's been 4 years so I didn't really ponder it until yesterday. Impulse shopping lol but I knew how well it served me and for the price being brand new in the plastic and box with head cover I couldn't pass it up. The 45.75" shaft is about a half inch too long but I'll just choke down. I don't want to tinker with the weighting of the miyazaki shaft... which for stock it really made the driver for me. Didn't punish me on overswings and held a nice kick even with the occasional erratic swing.

I still use the TL310 regularly. Paired it with a Diamana D+ 62 last year and love it! Very long and consistent driver. I cut it to 44.75".

I still use the TL310 regularly. Paired it with a Diamana D+ 62 last year and love it! Very long and consistent driver. I cut it to 44.75".
So the 310 comes stock at 45.25" I believe. Did trimming it a half inch do anything to the balance and flex?? just curious I might lop an inch off but I don't want to ruin the shaft.

This is why I love THP......Amazing feedback from members even on an old obsolete driver. I picked one up toda on ebay for $69.00 brand new with the plastic and stickers plus head cover. I remember regretting selling it back in 11' when I was struggling financially going through a rough pperiod. Can't wait to hit it possibly Monday or Tuesday to see if it dethrones the K15. Took me a while to find the thread but here it is.

Too bad you didn't check the Marketplace, I have one for sale. I was giving it away at $40...even have the matching 3w.

Too bad you didn't check the Marketplace, I have one for sale. I was giving it away at $40...even have the matching 3w.
Oh wtf??? My bad I didnt think to look since it's 4 years old. I wish I would have looked bro I would have done it in a heartbeat.

I normally check the marketplace every day just yesterday I spaced it out.

Man I wanted to update this thread, because I've been playing the SL 290 driver lately and couldn't believe its only 24 pages. This driver is a beast, plain and simple. I've never driven the ball as well in my life as I have with this driver, and while the shaft plays a big part in this, I have had Miyazaki shafts in other drivers before and I never hit them this well. I'm hitting the ball high, long and straight with the SL 290 and those are all good things for me.

Best sounding driver as well since the R9 which I still think is the best sounding driver ever made, but this one is close. I think feel is very closely related to sound, so to me this driver just "feels' great.

I also had some time yesterday to hit this driver in a sim while I was waiting for some club work to be done, and while it was not a launch monitor, it did show me numbers that backed up what I've been seeing on the course.

People really need to check this driver out and give it a swing, its that good.
Yeah I remember much of the same. Just a well balanced driver with a premium shaft that pumps the ball out like an AR15. Explosive yet not too flashy. Just a well rounded, quality driver.

So the 310 comes stock at 45.25" I believe. Did trimming it a half inch do anything to the balance and flex?? just curious I might lop an inch off but I don't want to ruin the shaft.

Mine came with the C.Kua 59S but that shaft was too stiff for me. I had a hard time with the Miyazaki b/c I pushed the ball right often. My club-fitter-guy said it actually played closer to an X flex after testing the frequency. This is why I went with the D+ in stiff flex. Honestly not sure how the MRC shaft affected the balance but I can't tell any difference other than my ball flight and accuracy are much more consistent. The D+ seems to fit my swing tempo better and plays to flex.

There's a web site out there somewhere to calculate swing weight but I cannot remember where I saw it. Pretty sure I did a search for "golf club swing weight calculator."

Nice pickup! I still have an XL270, it was and is a great performing driver. The only driver I have owned that I hit better/further was my Classic XL.

Back