Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Cleveland Golf has some new drivers coming to market in 2011 and those that were at the THP Demo Day last month got a chance to try them out months before release. For those of you that got a chance to try them out, here is a chance to talk about what you liked and what you didn't in great detail. For those that were not in attendance, here are some pictures of the new drivers.

They will be coming in 3 weights. The 270, the 290, and the 310. Aftermarket shafts? Who needs them! Cleveland has the new Miyazaki C. Kua as the stock shaft. These are not some watered down shaft either, these are the real deal.

Driver
1059167800_HK9Fi-L-1.jpg

1059167755_trWn3-L-1.jpg

1059167701_K4D7M-L-1.jpg

1059167920_WBzyj-L-1.jpg

1059167953_HkACV-L-1.jpg

1059167614_D4kQv-L-1.jpg

1059167875_ZcWiS-L-1.jpg

Fairway Woods
1059166982_VVnrn-L-1.jpg

1059167133_uCzNE-L-1.jpg

1059167153_bzGiG-L-1.jpg

1059167048_zLivX-L-1.jpg

These were really nice!! I'm so glad Cleveland is putting the Miyazaki shafts in their clubs. Fairways too?? I'm going to have to try me one of those!!

These going to be released in 2011 too?

EDIT: With drawn, didn't fuilly read the post. Too focused on pics!!

You have to love that these come with what could be the best shaft on the market right now. I cant wait to hit them. Again.

Yes, these will be in 2011 as well. Everything we had at the outing is their 2011 line and will be released, we hope/believe, early 2011.

Thanks, didn't catch it on the first post. Thanks GG!!

Dang, And I just purchased me a DST tour in 9*......Owell.

Do you have any idea how much will these retail for? Those shafts aren't inexpensive.

I fell in love with the 5 wood! I struggle so much with my 3 wood but who needs a 3 wood when you can hit a 5 wood like this one. I couldn't hit a bad shot with it to save my life on demo day and I hit it further than any other 5 wood I've ever hit. I'm sure it has everything to do with that shaft. It's definitely on my list of clubs to buy as soon as it is released.

These babies rock! I love love LOVE that Cleveland stuck Miyazaki shafts in these, what a great move.

Do you have any idea how much will these retail for? Those shafts aren't inexpensive.

$299.99 Going off memory.

$299.99 Going off memory.

Serious? That actually amost makes it feel like a steal.........I wonder if my supertri will make it for 1 yr....

Serious drivers ladies and gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these drivers felt great. I loved the light shafts in them.

Cleveland is making a strong case for playing a straight single oem bag.

Cleveland is making a strong case for playing a straight single oem bag.

Its funny you said that, because I have played this game for a LONG time and never done so. But I could do it this year with no problem and might be doing it fairly quickly without even realizing I am doing so.

Its funny you said that, because I have played this game for a LONG time and never done so. But I could do it this year with no problem and might be doing it fairly quickly without even realizing I am doing so.

I have to agree with you. Even down to the putter?

I have to agree with you. Even down to the putter?

Do you even have to ask? While it is not Cleveland, it is NC, which is the same company.

I absolutely love these drivers. Been using it for a few weeks now. I will get my thoughts up in this thread this weekend

Do you even have to ask? While it is not Cleveland, it is NC, which is the same company.

I absolutely love these drivers. Been using it for a few weeks now. I will get my thoughts up in this thread this weekend

haha no I didnt have to ask. But if I was really to go all Cleveland, Id no problem rocking a Classic or Brnz, theyre damn good putters. Of course with a Vibrant shaft.

For those that tried these, which one was your favorite?

310 for me. Perfect balance for my swing. You adjust to the lightweight real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that tried these, which one was your favorite?

I spent the most time with the 270 in a stiff. I never got more than 1-2 swings with the other weights, and no time on the monitor with those.

In general I felt like I had a good swing and the visual ball flight was very good- but it didn't really put up good numbers on the monitor. I think the higher weights would have been better for me but I'll just have to wait until may to double check that!

Cleveland has hit a home run and touched all bases with this driver! I spent a lot of time with all three because they had me in the twlight zone. I mean man,,, I was in shock over how these beauties with the light shafts worked! I'm a die hard 75 gram shaft man. I believe it was the 290 that fell into my comfort zone but what amazed me the most, I was not spraying the ball all over the park with the light weight shaft. Kudos to Cleveland for not going cheap. Miyazaki shafts are the real deal and when you stick them on that beautiful Cleveland head, it rocks. It's just a beautiful, well designed, and solid driver. Yep I'm going to get me one and the snake in my bag will have to hibernate come 2011. They are that good!

Cleveland has hit a home run and touched all bases with this driver! I spent a lot of time with all three because they had me in the twlight zone. I mean man,,, I was in shock over how these beauties with the light shafts worked! I'm a die hard 75 gram shaft man. I believe it was the 290 that fell into my comfort zone but what amazed me the most, I was not spraying the ball all over the park with the light weight shaft. Kudos to Cleveland for not going cheap. Miyazaki shafts are the real deal and when you stick them on that beautiful Cleveland head, it rocks. It's just a beautiful, well designed, and solid driver. Yep I'm going to get me one and the snake in my bag will have to hibernate come 2011. They are that good!

WHOA!!!! bold statement, but i must admit, having watched you work the ball with this driver, it's a great, great move!!!! i'm glad you liked it gray.

Back