Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Just played my mashies on the course for the first time...these clubs are so easy to hit its like cheating.

Love my Mashie but in effort at course management I tried using it off the tee....with horrible results. Now resorted to not using a tee peg and find the results much better. Anyone else have issues using it off a tee peg?

Love my Mashie but in effort at course management I tried using it off the tee....with horrible results. Now resorted to not using a tee peg and find the results much better. Anyone else have issues using it off a tee peg?

I hit both of mine really well off the tee...how high are you trying to tee it up?

Think I remember some of the guys having a bit of an adjustment issue when hitting from a tee. I seem to remember that tee height and ball position in the stance were crucial factors to getting it right. I'm sure one of the more experienced ones will chime in!

excited!!! ordered a M3 and M4. :D

just had this out again and as long as i give it a nice smooth swing it just goes straight,i have to buy the M2 now,wonder how far people with the M2 are hitting it of the tee,anyone please as need a club like this for when my driver doesnt do what its told

I grabbed an M2 since I loved my M3 and M4 so much. The M2 replaced my 5w while the M3 & M4 are perfectly dialed in for 2 of my par 3s at my home course (depending on tees).

As a naughty driver replacement, the M2 has done pretty well but I found myself giving up too much yardage on a couple of long par 4s or if I was against the wind. As a 5w replacement is has been awesome.

Instead of being forced to use my driver on those longer holes, I just picked up a FL 3w (17*) to give me another option with slightly more distance than the M2. Haven't gotten it yet but I'm hoping its gap between it and the M2 isn't too small and more like 20 yards.

I grabbed an M2 since I loved my M3 and M4 so much. The M2 replaced my 5w while the M3 & M4 are perfectly dialed in for 2 of my par 3s at my home course (depending on tees).

As a naughty driver replacement, the M2 has done pretty well but I found myself giving up too much yardage on a couple of long par 4s or if I was against the wind. As a 5w replacement is has been awesome.

Instead of being forced to use my driver on those longer holes, I just picked up a FL 3w (17*) to give me another option with slightly more distance than the M2. Haven't gotten it yet but I'm hoping its gap between it and the M2 isn't too small and more like 20 yards.

I found my FL 17* to be longer than my M1, so you probably won't have any gap issues. Probably...

So far I'm seeing 10-15 yards, but on the range. We'll see once I hit a real ball, but the FL is much more comfortable off the tee.

One hole in particular will be the real test since it is narrow and I still need 220 to avoid a 180+ yard uphill shot over the "snake pit" and onto a blind green.

Guys. Would the M4 be considered the replacement for a 4 iron?

Yes, Hybrids were made to replace long irons and supposed to be easier to hit. This works for some and not others, I hit my 4 iron just fine but 3 iron is a toss up. I replaced my 3 iron with the Mashie M3 and bought the M2 as well after hitting the M3 on the course.

Played my M4 great today. In particular, 2 second shots on par 5's stand out....on 14 I drove into a bunker left, just inside about a 6" lip at the front of the bunker. Hammered it right on the screws, got up quickly, caught some light tree branches or leaves but continued on through to center fairway, setting me up for an 8i in. Same deal on 18, slight trouble left in the rough...nailed it again, once again caught a few leaves on the way out but didn't lose much distance, right in the middle for a wedge to the green. I've been leaning heavily on the M2 most of the year but have found a good swing for my 3W lately and so am only using the M2 out of the rough on long shots with no trouble ahead....still, it's been a fantastic acquisition and zero regrets for both the M2 & M4.

finally was able to game the M2 & M3 last Sat while visiting the Chitown area. played Bowes Creek CC. Mashies came through on almost all the shots I used them. the other times were my fault. LoL. it seems like no matter where you hit the ball (heel, center, toe); the ball seems to fly and get in the air. that's awesome for me. looking forward to gaming the M4 as well when it becomes available with my supplier. :D

Finally took the Mashie plunge -- walked out of GS with a new M2 and M4. Took them right to the range and then out for a 9 hole spin where I used the M2 off the tee exclusively. The results were pretty promising: 7 out of 7 fairways and I shot a 40. Birdied the par 5 with 2 M2 shots to the fringe followed by a chip and a putt. I found it easy off the tee as long as the tee was just a smidge higher than the ground. I only had 2 approach shots with the M4 and they were dead straight but too hot coming into the greens and skipped off the back. I prefer these to other hybrids that I've gamed this year including A7, DST, I15 and Bobby Jones. I do prefer the BJones for a high, soft approach shot as I'm finding a mid-trajectory with the Mashies. I'll second the comments about a smooth tempo being required; whenever I tried to rip it, it was jerked dead left. Nice hybrid that I'm looking forward to working with before the club championship in early Sep.

Mashies are going into a shootout with the Razr X's soon!!! This thread came up at the right time.

FWIW I tee up my Mashie very low.

Mashies are going into a shootout with the Razr X's soon!!! This thread came up at the right time.

FWIW I tee up my Mashie very low.

There was no shootout here, the Mashie is back in the bag already. JB got to put his back in the bag on monday and I was so jealous.

There was no shootout here, the Mashie is back in the bag already. JB got to put his back in the bag on monday and I was so jealous.

I figured they were a toss up before I hit them but when it was 2 for 200$ Mashie won hands down. Honestly these and the FL 3 wood are the first woods/hybrids I have bought that I haven't regretted

My Mashies have been on fire lately! As I was playing last weekend, I was reminded of the awesome sound that they make when you hit a ball. It is like a sledge hammer hitting a wall, just crushing a ball down the fairway.

I had 3 and now play 1. The 2 hybrid. I hit it between 200 and 215 on average. I love my Cleveland 3 wood. (this years model) The 13 degree strong 3 wood. Hit it about 235. Love it! I love it so much I haven't pulled the hybrid in 2 rounds. It's just easy to hit long and accurate. Both are great clubs and extremely easy to hit.

I have a 200 yard par 4 with a very small green that takes a perfect baby draw to hit at the course I normally play. I was never able land one on the green before this season but I have now hit it three rounds in a row. I just need to figure out what the wind is doing an pull the M3 or M4 out of the bag. I love these clubs and would never have given them the time of day before THP! I keep thinking about putting an M5 in the bag but not sure what club I would take out.

Hole 1 at the Country Club is a 220 par 3. Tough hole. Par'd it last Sunday. Absolutely beautiful course.

just like Yoccos has mentioned, I will be doing a serious battle royal with the Mashie vs Razr X hybrid.

just like Yoccos has mentioned, I will be doing a serious battle royal with the Mashie vs Razr X hybrid.

I might even do some shaft swappage my friend...

Back