Cleveland Smart Sole Full-Face Wedges

Cleveland is just on it this year. Tons of release. Love it

they've been crazy busy. Plenty of options.
Seems like they have been reenergized as of late. I am really liking everything they are putting out.

Dude. I've never really been a big user of this line, but I have to try that 64.
I tend to struggle with getting height on my "touch" shots around the green. I am wondering if this is not the answer. I rarely ever take a full swing with this lofted of a club.

I tend to struggle with getting height on my "touch" shots around the green. I am wondering if this is not the answer. I rarely ever take a full swing with this lofted of a club.
Think about something like a 40 yard shot to an elevated green that normally doesn't want to stop. That could be really useful.

@ddec did you get one of the 64's? If so, we gotta see that thing on the SkyTrak+.

Think about something like a 40 yard shot to an elevated green that normally doesn't want to stop. That could be really useful.

@ddec did you get one of the 64's? If so, we gotta see that thing on the SkyTrak+.
Yes @ddec please?

I keep a smart sole 58* around for this exact purpose. Full swings, partial swings, it just flies the ball so high and spins it like crazy. Add in the hydrazip grooves, and I bet these wedges are just a whole hell of a lotta fun to play.

Seems like they have been reenergized as of late. I am really liking everything they are putting out.
its really cool to see TBH.

hits garage ceiling.

I am super curious though now that my indoor build is coming together to see what kind of fun I can have with the SWFF and FF2.

hits garage ceiling.

I am super curious though now that my indoor build is coming together to see what kind of fun I can have with the SWFF and FF2.
I bet partial swings won't, but I get what you are saying. Nice thing about the ST+ is that you can set up 4 feet from the net if you need to 😅

I bet partial swings won't, but I get what you are saying. Nice thing about the ST+ is that you can set up 4 feet from the net if you need to 😅
Will have to see if we can bring one to Briggs.

I'm really glad they've continued with this lineup. Full face chipper looks a little strange at first but makes sense given the overall line. Makes me wonder if there's some fun shots you can hit purposely off the toe. Interesting they've gone to 35" as standard length on the chipper. I kind of like that as I feel it would blend into the lineup better. I kinda wish they had another loft on the chipper but get from a lineup standpoint why they wouldn't. Really like that they've added a high lofted option to the lineup. Even though I'm not the target market, I feel like I could actually game this setup. I have a Smart Sole 4 C and I've flirted with having it in the bag. Not sure that I'll actually do it, but I think I could go 44*, 50*, 56* in traditional wedges plus the C and L and have a pretty fun setup.

One of my all time favorite clubs was the Callaway Sure Out 64*. I’m headed to the Cleveland site right now to order a 64*. It’s a game changer around the green for those that don’t like opening the face

I'm a HUGE fan of the previous version, the Smart Sole 4 and own the 58 S and 50 G versions, as they have helped my game tremendously, especially the 58 in the sand.... I was REALLY hoping they were going to fill in the middle with a 54, where at the moment I'm using the CBX2. I feel like the 64 is insanely lofted and I can't imagine using it. I'll definitely look at the S and G when I get the itch again. :)

One of my all time favorite clubs was the Callaway Sure Out 64*. I’m headed to the Cleveland site right now to order a 64*. It’s a game changer around the green for those that don’t like opening the face
My SO doesn’t make it to the course very often, but it is super fun taking it to the range and hitting giant full swing 40y flops and getting that sideways glance from fellow range rats. (BTW, that shot does translate to the course with an open 58 on those rare occasions that it’s needed.)

Another fantastic write up @ddec , I really like the way these flow with the Halo XL irons.

The only slight weakness of the previous versions was not as much spin as the CBX and RTX wedges. But they did launch higher which negated some of the lower spin. Now adding HydraZip and UltiZip to these like their big brothers will make these darn near perfect.

Awesome. Only one question….
IMG_3713.gif

Can you use your normal putting stroke and setup with the chipper? Thats what I've been looking for. I watched a Utube video and the guy was using it from 50 feet off the green and getting it airborne. I dont see that as a chip. I've used fairway woods to chip from just off the green but there is so much mass in the head distance control is tricky

The only slight weakness of the previous versions was not as much spin as the CBX and RTX wedges. But they did launch higher which negated some of the lower spin. Now adding HydraZip and UltiZip to these like their big brothers will make these darn near perfect.
It should help. One thing to keep in mind is all that weight down low will play a big part in the launch conditions. I see a difference between CBX and RTX as well. Like you said though, launch angle does help keep things in a playable window though.

These look like something I want to look at

Can you use your normal putting stroke and setup with the chipper? Thats what I've been looking for. I watched a Utube video and the guy was using it from 50 feet off the green and getting it airborne. I dont see that as a chip. I've used fairway woods to chip from just off the green but there is so much mass in the head distance control is tricky
that's what I do

Back