Cleveland Tour Cart Bag Review - In Hand PICS!

NavyMustang

Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 19.9
Many of you have seen the various threads I have started over the last few weeks as I have attempted to pick a new bag. The competition was between the Cleveland Tour Cart, Cleveland CG Black Staff and the Ping DLX in black. I almost went with the Ping as it was the only one available locally and was a great looking bag.

The problem with the Cleveland Tour cart is that there are various pics online from both the US and overseas that made this bag look like anything from a pseudo staff bag to a cart bag made with typical materials (like a Sun Mountain). Even Cleveland's own website contributed to the ambiguity regarding this bag.

After seeing some phenomenal pics from dealers as opposed to stock pics, I decided to take a chance on the Cleveland Tour Cart and boy am I glad I did.

This bag is massive, the storage amazing and the amount of pockets is incredible. Coming from a stand bag (Titleist StaDry) with 5 pockets I don't even know what to do with the 9 pockets on this bag. Coupled with the 14 way top with FULL length dividers , my clubs have never resided in such luxury before.

Materials:
This bag is made of materials very similar to the Staff bag that you see from all the Morgan Cup Staffers. The white portions are some sort of a compression molded vinyl that is like leatherette with a dimpled pattern. The blue is the same carbon fibre patterned vinyl that is on the staff bags and all the 588 and Cleveland logos are embroidered.

Storage:
9 Pockets. A full length apparel pocket and two smaller pockets on each side. On the back are a ball pocket, a massive miscellaneous pocket and a good size insulated cooler pocket with drain holes. Also there is a hidden umbrella pass through similar to the staff bags.

Top:
14 way top with full length dividers. This is my first 14 way top and I think I am going to love it. This is also the source of my only criticism, in that I wish the top was a little bit more level as opposed to the slanted cascading design. The design as is will work great on a riding cart, but could be a little better for use on a push cart. As you can see from my pics I have the clubs reversed to use on a push cart.

I don't know what else to say, this bag is huge, has phenomenal storage and organization, the materials are first class. This is absolutely as close as you can get to a staff bag without going that route and with the amount of storage onboard I can't imagine wanting more.

I think because of how new this bag is, there is a lot of possibly pre-production pics out there that lead to a lot of ambiguity as to what this bag looks like and makes you wonder if there are different models in the US or overseas. I think its possible the pics are misleading. In fact the bag I received looks different from all the pics I have seen as none of them had an additional 588 logo on the ball pocket like the one I received. Pics below, enjoy and fire away questions if needed.

DSC_0788.jpg
DSC_0785.jpg
DSC_0781.jpg
DSC_0784.jpg
DSC_0776.jpg
DSC_0783.jpg

Great review there man! Looks absolutely incredible and I really wish this was available stateside. Appears to be a true "mini" staff bag.

Very sexy!!

Loving the colours was just on the cleveland website looking at their irons and came across their bags and I like the tour stand bag too nice colours

mini staff bag style with 14 way divider top. I like it. Great job man.

Great review. That bag is stunning. I like that its a true mini staffer and would look great if it were available here in the states!

How much does it weigh when empty?

Great review there man! Looks absolutely incredible and I really wish this was available stateside. Appears to be a true "mini" staff bag.

I think it may be available stateside. i know the stateside pics make it look like normal nylon canvas materials but so did some of the Euro pics so I am just not sure. In fact the UK Cleveland site has the same pics as the US site. I t could be the same everywhere.

The only thing it doesn't have is the front giant pocket that a staff bag has.

Very nice looking bag!!

Forgot, this only ran me $150 US (99 GBP)

Great review, that's a nice looking bag.

What a fantastic review, just what I was after. I have been hunting for a new cart bag for the past 3 weeks desperately trying to find one which will hold my 2 thumb putter grip which has proved nigh on impossible with a 14 way divider. From pics online it looks to me that the compartment you have your putter in in the pics above will be big enough. Appreciate you probably dont have a jumbo grip but do you think this would fit?

If so, I'm straight off to buy this, it really is a great looking bag and great value!

Cheers

Stunning looking bag, this might just tempt me to replace my current bag which was absolutely fine but all of a sudden looks a little tired not quite up to the mark!!

Great review and pictures - thanks

Very nice "Mini" staff bag great review

Great review on that bag. Like the looks and hope it works out for you! At that price it seems like a steal.

Nice write up! That was a great deal!

Back