Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

My driver will probably be around 45 inches. Though I would be interested in trying one shorter. There is a guy at my sim league, he is Chunky size and plays a driver that is 43.5 inches. I've played with him a few times, he hits a ton of fairways and hits it in the 240 carry range. If you look at the face of the club it's all around the center every time.

I just feel like I can really go after it with a shorter shaft. The longer it gets the more my timing goes south.

My driver will probably be around 45 inches. Though I would be interested in trying one shorter. There is a guy at my sim league, he is Chunky size and plays a driver that is 43.5 inches. I've played with him a few times, he hits a ton of fairways and hits it in the 240 carry range. If you look at the face of the club it's all around the center every time.

I have been at 45.5 the last few years but always find myself choking down when I need to hit a fairway. I think 45 will be the ticket.

I just feel like I can really go after it with a shorter shaft. The longer it gets the more my timing goes south.

It's something I need to try. I have a hard time getting my weight forward with the driver. Could be the longer shaft that's part of the issue.

I have been at 45.5 the last few years but always find myself choking down when I need to hit a fairway. I think 45 will be the ticket.

I played mine at 45 last year, my razr hawk was at 46.

Heck I'm 6' 2" and prefer a shorter driver length. I do have long arms so I suppose this is why having a longer shaft makes it harder to be consistent.

It's something I need to try. I have a hard time getting my weight forward with the driver. Could be the longer shaft that's part of the issue.

I played mine at 45 last year, my razr hawk was at 46.

I know as soon as I went to less than 45, my accuracy went up big time and distance didn't decrease.

Had a rough day, but this just made it all better...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361845797.372215.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361845811.454932.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361845822.104491.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361845832.254577.jpg

From feeling blue to feeling BLUE! welcome to the fairway family!

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

I was promising myself I wouldn't sway from my chosen clubs and then THIS comes along!!!!!! Boy does Cobra have some clubs coming out at this time.

doc

I was promising myself I wouldn't sway from my chosen clubs and then THIS comes along!!!!!! Boy does Cobra have some clubs coming out at this time.

doc
That they do!

Head cover isn't as pretty as the rest of the club.

I wish it was blue...but I get why they went universal.

Looks like it got caught in a paint fight.

Apologies in advance for the skim, but what are the playing characteristics of the new shaft (in particular the shaft in the Offset) vs. the Aldilla that was in the AMP?

you could always get this headcover
puma-monoline-cap-headcover-blue-white-2.jpg

Yeah I'd take the original color over the weird flatbrim one.

I actually really like the hat headcover. I think it looks sweet.

There are some other options out there that you could pick up

1021088-aaa.jpg

$T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kIlCBQUTo6s)(w~~60_35.JPG

I've considered the orange or white one for my orange Amp Cell Pro but I actually kind of like the head cover that comes with it. The black one is pretty BA
155.jpg

There are some other options out there that you could pick up

1021088-aaa.jpg

$T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kIlCBQUTo6s)(w~~60_35.JPG

Where did you find these at? I like the old fashion looking one in the bottom photo. It matches my ole fashion arse :D

I think they have a lot of great offerings for boths shafts and grips.
Agreed, Cobra has done a good job on their custom offerings this year.

Back