Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Ok, I'm pondering between the Cell Pro and the ZL and I suppose it comes down to spins & launch angle, I was getting 13-15° LA with the ZL, spins about 2000-2200, if the Pro would be in the same spins, I suppose the changeable loft would give a optimal launch angle...ZL is available only in 9.5 or 10.5 for lefties.

What's your typical ball speeds?

Around 148-152 MPH, SS 100-104...

If think that 13-14* of launch would be good for that. But your spin numbers you'd actually want to get close to, if not a little over 3,000 RPM to max your carry with those ball speed numbers. Lower isn't really always better.

If think that 13-14* of launch would be good for that. But your spin numbers you'd actually want to get close to, if not a little over 3,000 RPM to max your carry with those ball speed numbers. Lower isn't really always better.

Thanks Colt, I'll keep this in mind when the day comes.

60% fairways with the Amp Cell today on a day where I couldn't find a consistent swing.

29 for 39 on the season with the #bluebomber

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Colt, I'll keep this in mind when the day comes.

No problem, bud. I just hate it when people get into something that isn't working its best for them. Especially a fellow THP'er.

60% fairways with the Amp Cell today on a day where I couldn't find a consistent swing.

29 for 39 on the season with the #bluebomber

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Holy cow, you keep those stats coming!

Has anyone with a swing speed in the 90 - 95 range, tried a different shaft than the stock regular mid kick one? I'm curious how a low kick shaft would work with this head.

promised a follow up, even though there's nothing to follow up with.

the Erie Expo was very disappointing in that they had practically no clubs to hit at all at the range. i guess when you really think about it, it's less a demo day and more an expo or courses and companies. every driver busted from the fitting cart that Golf Etc. had brought.
so there were literally zero new clubs to test and like 3 irons to hit that were old.
LOL. there was a Callaway Proto hybrid there. my God that thing is just ugly awful.

looks like i'll be heading out to OH or down to the Burgh to the closest GG, to get my fix in sooner than later i hope.
or maybe i'll even consider (ugh) going back to Dick's, just to get some cuts in with the new equipment.

How did the Pro version perform? The Cell has better feel? But anything else on the Pro version? I'm pretty certain I'll go with the Pro...but...there's so little written about it.

I tested both the cell and cell pro at pga superstore and there wasn't much difference between the two. Only thing i noticed was a slightly lower launch with the pro over the cell but when i switched the shafts out and put the pros kuro kage shaft in the cell the numbers were basically the same. Honestly if its my money i would go with the standard cell for more forgiveness and install a lower launching shaft and set the loft lower.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I made the huge mistake of hitting a single range ball with the Amp Cell driver that JB had at our gathering on Saturday, just as everyone was finishing up. It felt amazing, and the ball just shot off of the face into the ether. Now I am mad at myself for not hitting it sooner.

I tested both the cell and cell pro at pga superstore and there wasn't much difference between the two. Only thing i noticed was a slightly lower launch with the pro over the cell but when i switched the shafts out and put the pros kuro kage shaft in the cell the numbers were basically the same. Honestly if its my money i would go with the standard cell for more forgiveness and install a lower launching shaft and set the loft lower.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
That makes a ton of sense, I wish we would have swapped shafts when I was hitting them, I did find the Pro to be a bit longer, but lower launch as you mentioned!

I am enjoying mine for sure but one thing I found out, is the jumbo sized grip put on by mistake, was not good. I could have sworn I handed the dude a midsize and not jumbo to put on my new stick. The larger grip adds weight which messes with the balance. I'm ripping that sucker off prior to my next round and getting back to business.

This club length comes standard at 45.75 so has anyone modified the length or planning on doing so?

I am enjoying mine for sure but one thing I found out, is the jumbo sized grip put on by mistake, was not good. I could have sworn I handed the dude a midsize and not jumbo to put on my new stick. The larger grip adds weight which messes with the balance. I'm ripping that sucker off prior to my next round and getting back to business.

This club length comes standard at 45.75 so has anyone modified the length or planning on doing so?

I can't see myself playing anything longer than 45.

I made the huge mistake of hitting a single range ball with the Amp Cell driver that JB had at our gathering on Saturday, just as everyone was finishing up. It felt amazing, and the ball just shot off of the face into the ether. Now I am mad at myself for not hitting it sooner.

Nice feedback. I didn't get to hit the pro. But I'm Thinking of going that way!

I can't see myself playing anything longer than 45.

I agree that's what I'm going with when I rip this huge grip off. Trim butt end down 3/4 and let er rip!

I will be swinging either 44.5 or 44.75. But yes, it will be cut down either an inch or 1.25.

That makes a ton of sense, I wish we would have swapped shafts when I was hitting them, I did find the Pro to be a bit longer, but lower launch as you mentioned!

This is what I am hoping for. I really like my whiteboard. Hoping it does the trick.

I will be swinging either 44.5 or 44.75. But yes, it will be cut down either an inch or 1.25.

Dude when I was hitting it in the fitting bay, it felt like it was 10 ft long :bulgy-eyes:. All my drivers have been 44.5 now for years.

Dude when I was hitting it in the fitting bay, it felt like it was 10 ft long :bulgy-eyes:. All my drivers have been 44.5 now years.

Yup. I can't swing anything longer hahaha. I get all out of whack.

My driver will probably be around 45 inches. Though I would be interested in trying one shorter. There is a guy at my sim league, he is Chunky size and plays a driver that is 43.5 inches. I've played with him a few times, he hits a ton of fairways and hits it in the 240 carry range. If you look at the face of the club it's all around the center every time.

Back