Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

My X is a lot of fun and I hit it quite strait most of the time. Would love a little more height on my shots. Going to try a new shaft. Thinking HZRDUS Red.
Got this in today. First it looks amazing in this driver at a swing view. Also it definitely increased launch. Now I need to dial back the loft a bit. Had it playing at 11.5 so will try at standard 10.5* next time out. Loved the feel and the carry was amazing.

These are getting Cobra tips today…

View attachment 9258926
Awesome, would love to get my hands on one of those. I wonder if they play a bit softer like the Kal'li white? Looking forward to your thoughts and pics fitted with the Darkspeed

The Darkspeed X is performing quite well out here at Briggs. Loving the sound and feel.

Can anyone tell me how this is compared to the LTDX? I want to buy the LTDx currently have a srixion zx5 and kinda eyeing something newer and faster.

Can anyone tell me how this is compared to the LTDX? I want to buy the LTDx currently have a srixion zx5 and kinda eyeing something newer and faster.
I had a standard 10.5 LTDx. The big differences to the DS X in my opinion are three things.
1. Speed: DS X is several mph faster for me.
2. Misses: DS X is a LOT more forgiving from heel and toe. Aerojet was really forgiving from the toe side. DS X brings heel forgiveness there too.
3. Look/sound: I think the LTDx was a really good looking driver! But the DS X looks better. And it may be difficult to remember how LTDx sounded, but I think the DS sounds the best out of any Cobra driver I've had.

Forgot to post this from league Wednesday night. My cartner recently got fit at a Club Champion and bought all new Aerojet irons. He never did buy the driver they recommended because he was a little shocked by the sticker price on the irons, so he told them he'd wait. So when I showed him the Darkspeed X he was really intrigued. He's a much faster swing speed and longer hitter, so when I gave him the 6TX and Darkspeed X combo he said it felt good immediately and he proceed to bomb one about 310 into the wind. It was crazy, but I think I sold him on the Darkspeed.

My shots with it were a mixed bag, but the think the thing I keep coming back to is that I have no doubt in my mind it's going to be good. The good shots and the good feelings I get from this combo far outweigh any negatives that creep in. I think if I keep up the range work, some sim time and get on the course as much as possible it's really going to come around and become a weapon for me.

Newer and faster definitely fits the bill here. LTDx is glossy, Darkspeed is matte. A little more adjustability with the DS as well. If you are looking to upgrade this driver is a great choice and I loved the LTDx

I'd vote for more forgiving. I played the ZX5 and the Darkspeed is more forgiving by a lot.

This is perfect 😍 IMG_1658.jpegIMG_1659.jpeg

The Darkspeed X is performing quite well out here at Briggs. Loving the sound and feel.
Which shaft? The magic one? Or your Ventus?

Which shaft? The magic one? Or your Ventus?
The Ventus. I missed one fairway today and it wasn’t a bad miss.

The Ventus. I missed one fairway today and it wasn’t a bad miss.
I’d say I’m surprised, but I’m not, this is better than the AJ, and that’s saying something.

I enjoyed hitting the X with the magic driver shaft in it.

Will look but will prob take a step back from the DS l due to current purchases. lol

That driver seems to have a lot of wear on the bottom, or is it just the lighting in the photo?
Probably wear, I play a lot and have had it in bag for over two months. I also never clean my clubs except the face.

I’m going to have to give this another shot after watching @BigDill hammer a few today. This is a great sounding driver, and looks awesome in the sunshine with that matte crown.

Yesterday in my round I got to 18 and hit a pretty good drive from the back tees ended up just past the tree on the right and had this in.IMG_4555.png

The randoms I got paired with were playing the white tees and to the green was about 335 yard. For giggles, I decided to hit a drive and see if I could reach, my ball ended up over the green about 7-10 yards.

IMG_4553.png

After playing several rounds with the DarkSpeed X I can say for me I have no need for the LS. I found it very forgiving on toe strikes and was able to work the ball in both directions pretty easily. If you don't need to kill spin I thin the X is great choice, its by no means high spinning though. I was playing it at 10.5 weight forward but think the 9* head might be the play as I did see it spin up on me a few times yesterday but the ball change also could have had something to do with that.

After playing several rounds with the DarkSpeed X I can say for me I have no need for the LS. I found it very forgiving on toe strikes and was able to work the ball in both directions pretty easily. If you don't need to kill spin I thin the X is great choice, its by no means high spinning though. I was playing it at 10.5 weight forward but think the 9* head might be the play as I did see it spin up on me a few times yesterday but the ball change also could have had something to do with that.
Are you a guy that notices swing weight? I know what is listed on the website but mine came in very light with the stock Lin-q curious (just over d1) and I do notice it. Did plugging in your Ventus have an affect of the feel?

I said that to you on the range too. No need for the LS in your bag. I had a mixed bag of driver experiences. I probably should be in the X as well.

Kind of cool that the X appeals to such a wide range of golfers. Low or high handicaps.

Are you a guy that notices swing weight? I know what is listed on the website but mine came in very light with the stock Lin-q curious (just over d1) and I do notice it. Did plugging in your Ventus have an affect of the feel?
Yes and no, I didn’t notice any issues with weighting

Reactions: MH
The Darkspeed LS has been very good to me on this trip. The speed this club has is impressive. I’m also loving that o can elevate the ball while using the 9* head. It’s pretty wild.

Not my best day with… anything…. but my DS was not the reason. I usually play this tee shot right of the bunker to be safe (it’s a 207 carry from the tee I usually play), hit this one pure and drew it over the corner and down into the swale beyond. Longest of the day. Feels so great when you hit these on the screws.

IMG_4707.jpeg

Back