Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

First round with the new DS 5-7 is complete. I used the 5w 5 times off the tee and the 7w twice And every time I was in the FW and in perfect position. They are so easy to hit great distance and love the high ball flight.
This is great to heat, as 1-2 will definitely make their way into my bag this year. What's your fw swing like btw? Do you tee them up and hit up a bit or closer to an iron swing?

This is great to heat, as 1-2 will definitely make their way into my bag this year. What's your fw swing like btw? Do you tee them up and hit up a bit or closer to an iron swing?
I tee them lower maybe just higher than an iron.

I tee them lower maybe just higher than an iron.
Gotca. I play a LTDx 5W and just slightly tee it up. Hence the question as I'm thinking about how DS launches and what I should go with. Haven't been able to hit these yet.

Gotca. I play a LTDx 5W and just slightly tee it up. Hence the question as I'm thinking about how DS launches and what I should go with. Haven't been able to hit these yet.
The DS for me launches pretty high. I have no experience with the LTDx though to compare it for you.

I saw the 7w yesterday. Wasn't able to take any swings but the head size in comparison to an equally lofted hybrid..the 4H is is significant. I can see the loft on the 7w more than I can on the 4H and the 7w is longer. As someone who tends to hit fwys better than hybrids If I can get over the visuals of seeing loft making the head look closed to my eyes I might give the 7w a shot this year for funsies.

Also still haven't seen a 3HF in the wild. Will be on the lookout for that still.

Is anyone gaming the Hybrids? I’m starting to really like the feel of the King Tec hybrids I just got (very cheap) and wondering how much better the Darkspeed hybrids might be.

I know I’m starting to like the looks of them. They have a smaller look than King Tec. The all matte finish makes them look even smaller than they actually are. I’m starting to like that. And I like that they are a solid color instead of the two toned black/gray

Is anyone gaming the Hybrids? I’m starting to really like the feel of the King Tec hybrids I just got (very cheap) and wondering how much better the Darkspeed hybrids might be.

I know I’m starting to like the looks of them. They have a smaller look than King Tec. The all matte finish makes them look even smaller than they actually are. I’m starting to like that. And I like that they are a solid color instead of the two toned black/gray
I probably should but it would be really hard to pull the RadSpeed hybrids out of my bag.

I have not hit the hybrids yet but I did snag a side by side of a 3H Darkspeed next to a 3H king tec. King Tec is on the right. The Darkspeed to me does look a little smaller and its shaped a bit differently, also not sure if its the pic or not but more closed at address

1709137626737.png

I have not hit the hybrids yet but I did snag a side by side of a 3H Darkspeed next to a 3H king tec. King Tec is on the right. The Darkspeed to me does look a little smaller and its shaped a bit differently, also not sure if its the pic or not but more closed at address

View attachment 9245387
You’re the best thanks for the pics. I’d been digging around trying to find head measurements but it’s pretty clear to me in those pics that the DS has a smaller profile.

I probably should but it would be really hard to pull the RadSpeed hybrids out of my bag.
Let’s go swing these somewhere soon.

You’re the best thanks for the pics. I’d been digging around trying to find head measurements but it’s pretty clear to me in those pics that the DS has a smaller profile.
It was a few days ago but if I recall its bit shallower face as well.

I saw the 7w yesterday. Wasn't able to take any swings but the head size in comparison to an equally lofted hybrid..the 4H is is significant. I can see the loft on the 7w more than I can on the 4H and the 7w is longer. As someone who tends to hit fwys better than hybrids If I can get over the visuals of seeing loft making the head look closed to my eyes I might give the 7w a shot this year for funsies.

Also still haven't seen a 3HF in the wild. Will be on the lookout for that still.
The DS 7 wood has become one of my favorite clubs in the bag. It is just so easy to hit and predictable.

The DS 7 wood has become one of my favorite clubs in the bag. It is just so easy to hit and predictable.
I'm going to put it through the paces. I've never used anything lower than a 5 but I love the 5.

I'm going to put it through the paces. I've never used anything lower than a 5 but I love the 5.
My guess is you will love it. I was really unsure but took the chance and glad i did.

I did get the opportunity to hit the 3HF, 7W, the DS 4h after my fitting last week. I took them into one of the bays and just hit them into a blank screen for a few minutes. I was very impressed with how easy they were to hit and how well they launched. I've yet to decide fairway vs hybrid, but excited that both seem to be great options.

View attachment 9245387
That is a good comparison pic. I saw a darkspeed hybrid a little bit ago and this pic does confirm my thoughts on it vs King Tec:
Smaller profile
More closed at address

I suspect I will game a darkspeed hybrid but it being closed at address and not having the three weight ports to adjust may not match up well for me.
I tend to get hooky with hybrids and one of the benefits of the King Tec was being able to put weight in the toe to counter that miss.

That is a good comparison pic. I saw a darkspeed hybrid a little bit ago and this pic does confirm my thoughts on it vs King Tec:
Smaller profile
More closed at address

I suspect I will game a darkspeed hybrid but it being closed at address and not having the three weight ports to adjust may not match up well for me.
I tend to get hooky with hybrids and one of the benefits of the King Tec was being able to put weight in the toe to counter that miss.
That's exactly what I'm wondering about the DS hybrids too. King Tec's are the first hybrids ever that I don't hook all the way to the Soviet Union. And that's with the heavy weights in the back and toe.

Checked these fws out today in store for the first time….

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

Hoping to test them a bit tomorrow.

Adjustable hosel…. Yes please
3HL option…. Yes please
Adjustable weight…. Yes please
Looks great at address…. Yes please

That's exactly what I'm wondering about the DS hybrids too. King Tec's are the first hybrids ever that I don't hook all the way to the Soviet Union. And that's with the heavy weights in the back and toe.
Whoa, did you just step out of a time machine back to the 80’s iron curtain?
Or is this some sort of Finnish saying?
🤣

Whoa, did you just step out of a time machine back to the 80’s iron curtain?
Or is this some sort of Finnish saying?
🤣
It's a Finnish saying for going way left :ROFLMAO:

Now I could go on about the development happening at our eastern neighbour, who we share over 1000km of land border. But that's not for this forum.

Working on the woods today. I love the sound the Darkspeed fw woods have. This is not my best swing but it was still a nice 235 yard shot.

I cannot find a 5h of these anywhere. But I took out the 3h the other day and really started getting distance into it. I can’t stress how good these clubs look and feel.

Anyone hit the 3 LS or 3+ LS with the heavy weight in the back?

Had fun testing the new lineup today. Main goal was to find a good 220 yds club to replace my LTDx 5W and start the gapping down from the driver.

I first hit the 3HF with Hzrdus Silver, LinQ Blue, Ventus TR Red and LinQ White. All in all, the head was just too low spin (2200-2500 rpm) for me to game in this use, at least with that ball (ProV1). But the look and feel was really nice!

I could see it being a secondary tee club for me, as with the Silver and LinQ White it was consistent 220 yds carry, 235-240 total. CS was consistently in the 92-93mph range

But I'd prefer to have a higher flying 220 carry FW that rolls less for use at long par-4's and par-5 second shots.

Then I hit the DS X 5W and 7W. Both felt the easiest to connect with the LinQ White 7F4 and that's where my mind is going atm. They were still lower spinning than I'd prefer, but that could be fixed with a proper ball. The lack of spin also causes lower trajectory.

Tried the DS 3h with a PGI shaft but that wasn't really my cup of tea. Too low to be useful and not consistent enough. Hit it better with the MMT 80S. But I do like the compact look that the heads have and wasn't seeing a hooking tendency.

Back