Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Those numbers seem perfection.
SkyTrak is telling me the descent should be a bit more, and they are right, but that is pretty good for my swing. I was hovering around 35 with this same club last year and seeing it go to 37 repeatedly over and over is something I can embrace. The carry average and total have a mix of clubs in there, so can be thrown out as I was hitting 5 different clubs haha, but I saw from 217-225 in 10 swings and all were just perfect for me.

Ya know I haven't seen these yet. I will only have one FWY in the bag this year, question is will it be the titanium 5w LS or will it be the standard 3HF?

SkyTrak is telling me the descent should be a bit more, and they are right, but that is pretty good for my swing. I was hovering around 35 with this same club last year and seeing it go to 37 repeatedly over and over is something I can embrace. The carry average and total have a mix of clubs in there, so can be thrown out as I was hitting 5 different clubs haha, but I saw from 217-225 in 10 swings and all were just perfect for me.

I wonder how they would change outside off grass. I would be willing to bet the descent increases a smidge.

Ya know I haven't seen these yet. I will only have one FWY in the bag this year, question is will it be the titanium 5w LS or will it be the standard 3HF?
Same club. Only thing that matters is loft.
Oh wait, that isnt right. :ROFLMAO:

I havent hit the fairway since I was at their HQ, but I am looking forward to trying the titanium

I wonder how they would change outside off grass. I would be willing to bet the descent increases a smidge.
Typically it does for me. About 1-2 degrees.

I havent hit the fairway since I was at their HQ, but I am looking forward to trying the titanium
🤌🤌

Typically it does for me. About 1-2 degrees.
that sounds about right. Putting you right at 40 degrees which seems very solid for that club into everything but the firmest of greens.

When I think titanium in a fwy my mind jumps to that TE 3w I hit at 16 at the snake pit. Give me all of that and more!

When I think titanium in a fwy my mind jumps to that TE 3w I hit at 16 at the snake pit. Give me all of that and more!
Hey, I remember that round. I holed out from the deep rough for eagle and that guy working to the next of it didnt move.

I know that I am most likely alone in this but, I think before this one. The best Ti fairway wood was this one below.. And the new cobra's are stellar and better..

1706887090145.png

Hey, I remember that round. I holed out from the deep rough for eagle and that guy working to the next of it didnt move.
Yep thats the one haha. So strange.

Went for a full bag fitting today and it was a really fun experience. We hit my clubs to start out so we could get a sense of where I was at now, the fitter checked out all my stuff while I was hitting, then we started working out way in. Started with Irons (which i listed in the Darkspeed Iron thread) then came hybrids. We talked about my current setup which is driver, 5w, 7w, 5 hy, 6-gw. We started out hitting the Darkspeed 5hy with stock KBS PGI 75 shaft and I hit it well but he wanted the flight lower so we moved to a 4hy -.5" which got us where he wanted the ball flight. We tried out the Recoil ESX but the PGI seemed a bit better.

Then we moved on to Fairways. Started out with the LS 3 wood with LINQ Red, then moved to Hzrdus Red, Then moved to X 3wood with Hzrdus Red, and then dropped the loft -1.5 degrees. We then hit the 5 wood with the Hzrdus Red with the loft dropped 1.5 degrees to make sure there was enough difference between the 3 and 5 which he showed me there was. We then discussed the bag setup and I told him i currently was playing the D, 5, 7 then hy, he told me he really liked me better in the hybrids than the 7 wood, and the 3 wood also looked really good for me. So my recommended setup for Fairway/Hybrids is X 3wood (-1.5 degrees), X 5 wood (-1.5 degrees), Darkspeed 3 and 4 hybrids with KBS PGI 75 shaft -.5".

This was such fun fitting, love the look and sound of the Darkspeed lineup, and watching the fitter pulling the plastic off the fitting heads since i was the first one to hit them was very cool.

Went for a full bag fitting today and it was a really fun experience. We hit my clubs to start out so we could get a sense of where I was at now, the fitter checked out all my stuff while I was hitting, then we started working out way in. Started with Irons (which i listed in the Darkspeed Iron thread) then came hybrids. We talked about my current setup which is driver, 5w, 7w, 5 hy, 6-gw. We started out hitting the Darkspeed 5hy with stock KBS PGI 75 shaft and I hit it well but he wanted the flight lower so we moved to a 4hy -.5" which got us where he wanted the ball flight. We tried out the Recoil ESX but the PGI seemed a bit better.

Then we moved on to Fairways. Started out with the LS 3 wood with LINQ Red, then moved to Hzrdus Red, Then moved to X 3wood with Hzrdus Red, and then dropped the loft -1.5 degrees. We then hit the 5 wood with the Hzrdus Red with the loft dropped 1.5 degrees to make sure there was enough difference between the 3 and 5 which he showed me there was. We then discussed the bag setup and I told him i currently was playing the D, 5, 7 then hy, he told me he really liked me better in the hybrids than the 7 wood, and the 3 wood also looked really good for me. So my recommended setup for Fairway/Hybrids is X 3wood (-1.5 degrees), X 5 wood (-1.5 degrees), Darkspeed 3 and 4 hybrids with KBS PGI 75 shaft -.5".

This was such fun fitting, love the look and sound of the Darkspeed lineup, and watching the fitter pulling the plastic off the fitting heads since i was the first one to hit them was very cool.
Sounds like you had a ton of fun! And what a shame that you're the first one to hit some of that stuff :oops:

Sounds like you had a ton of fun! And what a shame that you're the first one to hit some of that stuff :oops:
Dude it was so hard to walk away and not order anything. Really excited for the Darkspeed lineup.

Dude it was so hard to walk away and not order anything. Really excited for the Darkspeed lineup.
I can imagine! I probably wouldn't have, as seen in my driver fitting 😄

I just booked a full fitting with Golf Tec for 2/23. I am hoping, since I'll be only hitting Cobra offerings, that they might allow me to hit more than just driver or just irons on that day. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm excited nonetheless! Swing is currently in a much better place than it was the day I first got to swing Darkspeed. Man, I can hardly wait.

Looking for people’s opinion - I’m thinking of picking up a one-length 3H and my local GG has an Aerojet 3H for $80 off. Is the Darkspeed lineup so much better that folks recommend I get that, or is the difference between the Aerojet and the Darkspeed hybrids not that significant?

Anyone get to spend time with these yet?

They have shipped will have them Tuesday!

Looking for people’s opinion - I’m thinking of picking up a one-length 3H and my local GG has an Aerojet 3H for $80 off. Is the Darkspeed lineup so much better that folks recommend I get that, or is the difference between the Aerojet and the Darkspeed hybrids not that significant?
Have you tried a OL hybrid before? If not it might be worth going with the cheaper option.

Have you tried a OL hybrid before? If not it might be worth going with the cheaper option.

I did once a few years ago, but to be honest my swing was in such a bad place I couldn’t take advantage of it. Now my 7H is one of my best clubs in terms of consistency, which is why I’m thinking of trying again.

I really need to go find me some of these to try out. I also really wish all the local places didn't use indoor Trackman.

I really need to go find me some of these to try out. I also really wish all the local places didn't use indoor Trackman.
I guess the ypsi miles of golf isn't quite local, huh?

I guess the ypsi miles of golf isn't quite local, huh?
Not really no about 1.5 hr drive. Not worth it. I could go hit at Carls outside but its cold haha

Back