Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I took some swings with the 3LS and was impressed. Nice flat ball flight. Not the 3W I would normally gravitate towards, but I liked it.

Really happy with my decision to replace my mini driver with the Darkspeed LS 3+ this year. It's been a solid replacement off the tee (see stats below), and I've already hit more greens with it than with the mini driver all of last year.

1713795340521.png 1713795409247.png

The DS X fw woods still impress every time i use them. They got a lot of work over the weekend from both the tee and fw. Having the 7 wood in the bag has been a great choice. If i have a 210+ shot that has become my go to club. I love how easy these are to get airborne.

The 5w-7w combo has become my favorite by far. What I am loving that even on some mishits the ball still goes a great distance and stays in play.
straight settings or have you adjusted to get the gapping?

These hybrids may honestly be the best looking out there right now. Still shocked at how good they looked when I got to see them at PGA SS in San Antonio this week
I love the finish but a little bulbous for me.

straight settings or have you adjusted to get the gapping?
Standard settings since day 1. I like how they gap out now and LOVE hitting them.

Interesting. That’s one of the smaller hybrids on the market right now.
That might be it as I notice the roundness on the back end because otherwise there isn’t much there. So bulbous in terms of very sphere-like, not bulbous in terms of large

Standard settings since day 1. I like how they gap out now and LOVE hitting them.
How are they working for you if you miss toe-side? With the aerodynamic shaping it looks like that part of the face really got shaven down. And yes, I know you are not supposed to hit it up there but golf, you know?

How are they working for you if you miss toe-side? With the aerodynamic shaping it looks like that part of the face really got shaven down. And yes, I know you are not supposed to hit it up there but golf, you know?
I hit plenty of toe shots that still go straight or slight draw. Not as far as normal when off the toe but if i am staying in play i don't care! I feel they are very forgiving fw woods.

Wow! 😳🔥🔥🔥

I’m glad I went with the Darkspeed 7 wood. No way the TaylorMade fw is $150 better than this club! Fast, explosive, launches quick and carries.

BUsiness is about to pick up here and in the other Cobra in-line club threads.

I’m glad I went with the Darkspeed 7 wood. No way the TaylorMade fw is $150 better than this club! Fast, explosive, launches quick and carries.
The DS fw woods are incredible! The distance you get off of them is awesome!

Cobra 100% nailed the sound on these imho. Was very pleasant hitting them today.
IMG_8358.jpeg

I am now the proud owner of a DS 3w thanks to 20 years of grinding at my job. I was able to take it out last Friday to the range and have to say this club can get the ball moving.

I tried to save the best of the range rocks for the DS and some looked like they were actually relatively new. Center strikes were rewarded and toe misses got more than they deserved. Looking forward to getting this out on the course with good balls to see what it can do.

I’m considering the LS 5 wood as the club behind driver.

Hit the fairways a bunch today. max had too much spin for me and wasn’t really doing it, but will work for a lot of players. All 3 look absolutely fantastic.

Between the X and LS, both were really good. LS has the best numbers in terms of lowering spin, which makes sense, and ended up being best for me. They were not in anyway hard to elevate though. I think the X will work for most, but if you spin a lot, the LS felt amazing.

As for hybrids, the dark speed hybrids are loooooong. I think I will end up with a 4h in my bag for the Morgan cup, but will play it an inch short. So crazy easy to hit, felt and looked fantastic. I’m in love.

Hit the fairways a bunch today. max had too much spin for me and wasn’t really doing it, but will work for a lot of players. All 3 look absolutely fantastic.

Between the X and LS, both were really good. LS has the best numbers in terms of lowering spin, which makes sense, and ended up being best for me. They were not in anyway hard to elevate though. I think the X will work for most, but if you spin a lot, the LS felt amazing.

As for hybrids, the dark speed hybrids are loooooong. I think I will end up with a 4h in my bag for the Morgan cup, but will play it an inch short. So crazy easy to hit, felt and looked fantastic. I’m in love.
Agree. Darkspeed hybrids have alot of pop in them and very easy to hit. Nice sounding thwack. I really like it vs a tingy sound. Seemed to tame down the draw bias I have history of with other hybrids. It is good to have options to choose from at the top of the bag.

Had my best shot yet with the LS 3+. Decent lie from the rough on a lie that was a hair downhill and sidehill. Hit it to about 15 feet for a ho hum birdie. Feel like this thing is a weapon in my bag.

BE8B9E5E-3EF4-453C-B694-19EEE06C88E8.jpeg

Really need to give the DarkSpeed hybrids a try soon.

Only hit the LS 3w once last night but it was a decent shot albeit pretty low ball flight. Looks amazing, doesn't have that metallic sound I was kind of expecting with the titanium in it but feels solid. Looks fantastic at address. I moved the heavy weight to the back to try and help raise the launch/spin because it definitely wants to fly low. May have to loft up as well.

Back